News: PFT: Jerry: No reason Cowboys shouldn't be better than last year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pretty dramatic considering that literally all he said we that there was no reason to be expected to be better. I find it odd anyone would take that and twist it to a negative, let alone your Jerry Jones vendetta.
The bigger issue is ; it’s not necessary unless your intention is simply to promote your product.

It’s why IMO our owner wearing the same hat as GM has always been a conflict of interested between marketing and building the team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No reason the Eagles shouldn’t be better too. The off-season isn’t just about improving. It’s about improving enough to get ahead (or stay ahead) of your competition.

Saying that, factoring in the youth of the team and expected improvement from within, the team may have done enough. We’ll find out.

Right. What the team did or didn't do to improve can't be looked at in a vacuum. Every team believes it did enough in the offseason to be better than it was the year before and even contend for a title.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What heat? You complaining brings absolutely no heat toward Jones. At all. Lol.

Do you have a Jerry voodoo doll?
If you can’t inderstand that heat represents criticism then I can’t help you . I suppose this is where the discussion dead ends and you begin insulting me.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
well there u go if they don't make the playoffs or are one and done then garrett and his staff can call the moving vans

Me personally I'd rent a u-haul and do it myself. I atleast gotta prove I can do something on my own without the talent of others.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you place yourself out there then you’re subject to the criticism which Jerry has always embraced the fire in the kitchen. And I’m happy to provide the heat.

Always great to have a different perspective as I am not trying to defend Jerry by any means. As I said, I prefer him to stay quiet, but know that will never happen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree. Commanders have a team if they get decent QB play.

This is how it’s supposed to work. Build a good, deep roster and go win with it.
They already had a decent defense. Sweat could provide them that added pressure and if their QB is the real deal the Skins might surprise us.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The bigger issue is ; it’s not necessary unless your intention is simply to promote your product.

It’s why IMO our owner wearing the same hat as GM has always been a conflict of interested between marketing and building the team.
It's not an issue. It was a simple statement you're morphing into something more. Like he eats babies to sell records. Silly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Always great to have a different perspective as I am not trying to defend Jerry by any means. As I said, I prefer him to stay quiet, but know that will never happen.
I respect that. I’m one who’d lead the March on Frisco.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jerry needs to say that directly to his D-Coordinator who's defenses have failed to show up 3 times now during the playoffs in 2018, 2016 and 2014. THAT is why the Cowboys haven't advanced past the divisional round of the playoffs.

Exactly. But all we get is fans blaming the offense for whatever reason. Offense played well enough to win all 3 of those divisional round games. But the defense gave nothing besides a stop here and there. They shrivel up into a shell every divisional round game. In 2014, they played pretty poor against the Lions, too.

morat1959

Reaction score
Let the madness begin...again! JJ spewing his BS. What he’s really saying is keep buying the merchandise and filling up the stadium cause I’m large and in charge! We dem boys!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's not an issue. It was a simple statement you're morphing into something more. Like he eats babies to sell records. Silly.
I don’t recall mentioning anything about eating babies. Sounds like your attempting to not only discredit my message but attack me personally.

If you can’t conduct yourself in an orderly manner then I’d suggest to move on sir.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I still have to ask:
  • Who's the quarterback? A deciding factor of any team's fate.
  • Who's the #1 wide receiver on that team? I see a bunch of miscalculations.
  • Will their O-line implode with injuries three years in a row?
I still see a two horse race between Dallas and Philadelphia.
Their defense was playing great last year. D line got even stronger. Back end got stronger with Landon Collins.
Case Keenum, Haskins are the wildcards.
Doctson started ballin last year in some games. And they got the kid mclaughlin from ohio st. He's pretty good and I believe they brought in jordan matthews.
Their O line is good if they can stay healthy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're not in full possession of the facts if you honestly think Jones is the only owner talking up his franchise. In fact, probably purposefully.
Christ sake, would you rather he say the team isn't as good as last year?
He's the only one we see and hear because he's the only one wanting to be in the spotlight.

Anyone that places any credence in what Booger says going into a season should know better. He's just complimenting himself.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don’t recall mentioning anything about eating babies. Sounds like your attempting to not only discredit my message but attack me personally.

If you can’t conduct yourself in an orderly manner then I’d suggest to move on sir.
I didn't think you were this naive. Continue to play the victim, even though you know there's nothing wrong with what I posted. Don't be so sensitive.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They already had a decent defense. Sweat could provide them that added pressure and if their QB is the real deal the Skins might surprise us.

Yep. And with Guice coming back, even with Keenum their offense shouldn't be terrible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty dramatic considering that literally all he said we that there was no reason to be expected to be better. I find it odd anyone would take that and twist it to a negative, let alone your Jerry Jones vendetta.

It puts the guy he makes excuses for at every turn on notice. Therefore, he doesn't like it and tries in vain to twist it into get another thing to try to attack Jerry Jones for.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Reactions: G2