News: PFT: Jimmy Johnson ripped Jerry Jones' claim that Eagles bet it all for one year

lukin2006

Reaction score
Jones is a petty man. He is close to being the worst owner in sports...

khiladi

Reaction score
I can’t believe I even used to waste breath on defending this clown that is Jerry.
Well jerry wasnt going to put him in while he is alive.
Also jimmy didnt rip jerry he just said phil wasnt a one year team.
What he said was pretty mild.
yep, I went and read it. But knowing Jerry with respect to Jimmy, he’ll be petty and not take it as solid criticism. He will always be petty as long as Jimmy Johnson is not in the ROH, as he is one of the top 10 cowboys in history that deserve it, irrespective of their personal likes or dislikes.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Right. Then Jimmy didn't have as great of an owner in Miami and didn't have near the success.

Love the guy and it was awesome what he was able to do but IDK about the HOF. Obviously I am in a minority on that.
Jerry is a pathetic owner. 27 years makes it inarguable.

Jimmy's failure in Miami was partly him being stuck with Dan Marino at the end of his career, and he didn't draft offensive players as well as he did defense.

Regardless, he won 2 SBs. He built what would have been the NFL's greatest dynasty if Jerry Jones hadn't torn it apart.

The real travesty was putting that fool of an owner in the HOF.

Ken

Reaction score
Jerry is a pathetic owner. 27 years makes it inarguable.

Jimmy's failure in Miami was partly him being stuck with Dan Marino at the end of his career, and he didn't draft offensive players as well as he did defense.

Regardless, he won 2 SBs. He built what would have been the NFL's greatest dynasty if Jerry Jones hadn't torn it apart.

The real travesty was putting that fool of an owner in the HOF.
So Jimmy gets all of the credit and none of the blame.

Jimmy gets the Super Bowls and the guy who hired him, gave him autonomy, and the $$ to make it happen gets none?

Jerry has done a laundry list of other things above and beyond that that make him the best owner, if you can't see his value, there is little I can do to change that viewpoint.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Jeffrey literally has done nothing (other than his team on the field being better in the postseason in the last 25) in the NFL.

Lol, what a lousy owner.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Jimmy gets the Super Bowls and the guy who hired him, gave him autonomy, and the $$ to make it happen gets none?

Jerry has done a laundry list of other things above and beyond that that make him the best owner, if you can't see his value, there is little I can do to change that viewpoint.
He's been living off of Jimmy's SBs for 30 years.He's been holding us hostage with them too. He'd have none without him. Won't even put him in the ROH. We're never winning another SB with him as owner.

mcmvp

Reaction score

JJ gets credit for hiring Jimmy, yes. But he also gets blame for letting his ego get in the way afterwards. Jimmy is most definitely qualified for the HoF. To argue differently is rather pointless. I’m not even really sure what you are trying to argue here. I am sure JJ has done plenty of things that make him a good owner. But part of being a good owner is hiring the right people to run the football side of things. The only real, tangible, success the team has had under JJ is when he had a more qualified person running the show. When he decided he wanted to be the one to run the show, he simply hasn’t gotten it done.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Agreed but he didn't. That is the problem.

He left....he cost us a CC because his ego was as big as Jerry's.
I agree on that, jimmy has even admitted it. They both had HUGE EGO's ! That was what caused the rift.
Jimmy left like a spoiled child and refused to come back after jerry apologized. So it was his ego and his temper that cost him, us, the players
at a very good chance at 4 in a row.
But at the time Jimmy was burned out. He said he handled personnel and that it was a year round job, looking at and finding players to draft
or aquire. He said it would wear you out and after 5 years he was worn out.

So a tired HC/GM and then he had to put up with things jerry would do or say, and that was the straw that broke it.
Jerry would bring his friends into locker room after a game , even though jimmy had asked him not to do that.
other things were
coming down to the field in 4th qrt, taking credit for trades jimmy did everything on. Jerrys incessant talking to media [ anyone here has seen that lol and it would be irritating]
jerry should have restrained himself until the team had won 2 more SB's, but his ego and being spoiled himself he could not control himself.

Reactions: Ken

coachharden

Reaction score
That's what people don't get. He was the real GM of Dallas in those early years. In Miami it was Marino's team. He couldn't rebuild that team the way he wanted and so he quit. Still got them into the playoffs though. Jerry's been playing GM for nearly 30 years without any luck.
He didn't have his staff that he had in Miami hurricanes and Dallas either. He was burned out by then, then his mom died, etc.
He had done everything meaningful in football.