News: PFT: Joseph Randle facing more charges, including rape

cern

Reaction score
I worked in a treatment facility providing therapy for sex offenders for 8 years.

What I’m telling you is, the act of rape involves very complex emotions and feelings. Ones that developed and grow over periods of time. More often than not, a sex offender has been a victim of physical or sexual abuse themselves at some point. Because rape is about power and control. It’s about the fact that the offender feels powerless, or lacks self esteem themselves.

Somebody doesn’t just rape somebody one day out of impulse.

Also, the large majority of people with severe mental health issues, never rape someone. And in fact are not a danger to others. So, there’s nothing wrong with defending people who have mental health problems, because he majority of them are good people otherwise.

However, what I’m telling you is, don’t use that as an excuse for rape.

Also his quotes of “she never said no, how was I supposed to know”. Classic offender comment right there. I’ve heard that a thousand times.
at the end of ww2, stalin allowed his troops 30 days to rape all the german women they wanted as payback for german atrocities against the soviet union earlier in the war. reports are that the soldiers did so with alacrity and impunity. they don't fall into the general statistics you listed. seems revenge and permission were sufficient reasons.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
While I am certain CTE can cause lashing out and violence (read up on Marion Barber recently, he seems to be experiencing this) - I am not sure rape falls into this. And yes, Randle’s excuse seems to be typical rapist speak. I think Randle is just not a good guy.

I also heard the excuse about Hernandez suffering CTE - while I am sure he did, planning out a murder and then executing your good friend and then acting normal in front of cameras and duping owners, coaches, and players seems to be more of a sociopathic behaviors than CTE.

Before long, OJ Simpson will also be suffering CTE.

RoboQB

Reaction score
No one knows. We won’t know until he dies. His behavior is that of someone mentally off.

There are many people that are "mentally off".
You must not get out very much... lol.

You jumped straight to CTE as an excuse for his behavior.
It reminds me of how parents would claim their children are bi-polar and
how everyone suddenly needs a service dog for their anxiety.

Sure, many cases are legitimate but we too often offer up excuses for bad behavior.

I'll stand by my statement. He's a bad apple.