News: PFT: Judge grants Michael Irvin's request for expedited discovery against Marriott

Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This means that Marriott must surrender surveillance video and other requested materials, such as internal reports, more quickly than the rules otherwise would allow.

The evidence must be given to Irvin by Tuesday, March 7, at 5:00 p.m. CT.
Now we're getting somewhere. Just make the video public so we can all see what actually happened.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If the video shows the two of them standing there talking for 45 seconds, unless they can get a professional lip reader to translate what is said, how is this going to exonerate Irivn?

With no audio, its just a he said/she said incident, correct?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the video shows the two of them standing there talking for 45 seconds, unless they can get a professional lip reader to translate what is said, how is this going to exonerate Irivn?

The real question is whether what she is claiming happened did so during that 45-60 second interaction window or did it happen before or after that interaction.

Everything is just speculation until that information is released.

jrumann59

Reaction score

they can get experts that read body language and facial expressions, not 100% accurate but this is a civil case so the bar is not high for guilt or innocence.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Personally I think that Michael being in the bag said something he should not have.

BUT at the same time I doubt it was in any way justification for what has happened.

This is just another example of people over reacting and causing trouble.

kskboys

Reaction score
Personally I think that Michael being in the bag said something he should not have.

BUT at the same time I doubt it was in any way justification for what has happened.

This is just another example of people over reacting and causing trouble.
And today's society full of sensitive little snowflakes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wonder if his lips are readable, and if so, can that be used?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I wonder if his lips are readable, and if so, can that be used?
I doubt it. On YouTube there's a whole channel devoted to reading people's lips wrong to make it sound like people are saying something else and some of it looks legit. It's called Bad Lip Reading. They even have ones dedicated to the NFL. Some funny stuff in there.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Judge also granted Marriott's request to keep the accuser's identity confidential.

So those of you assuming she is a ho, groupie, golddigger etc. won't be able to confirm. Sorry.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I found Marriott’s official harassment policy online. Here's a very relevant snippet:

"A violation of Marriott’s Harassment Prevention policy is grounds for disciplinary action
up to and including termination. Hotels may remove and ban a guest for conduct that is
offensive or abusive to or poses risk to the safety of associates, including sexual harassment. In addition, managers who fail to promptly address complaints of harassment from their associates
are subject to discipline.
As demonstrated by Marriott’s Harassment Prevention Policy, the BIL system, and the
No Room for Harassment message, Marriott strongly encourages all associates to immediately
report any harassment, discrimination, or retaliation they may experience or observe. This
applies equally to sexual harassment by an associate, supervisor, manager, guest, vendor, client,
or customer."

Staubacher

Reaction score
Also very relevant:

"Marriott policy requires a prompt and thorough investigation of all sexual harassment
complaints. Sexual harassment complaints and investigations are, to the extent possible, strictly
confidential. Information concerning sexual harassment complaints and investigations is shared
internally or externally only with persons who have a legitimate need to know."

Status
Not open for further replies.