PFT: Manningham gets a 6 on the Wonderlic

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MARIO CHECKS INTO THE MOTEL 6
Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2008, 10:23 a.m.

Somehow, we missed this one.

But it’s better never than late. Or something.

A reader pointed out to us today a list of Wonderlic scores showing Michigan receiver Mario Manningham generating a Vince Young-style six on the test.

A six. Out of 50.

We checked with a league source who has access to the numbers and, lo and behold, Manningham indeed got a six.

For the former Michigan receiver, it’s another glob of lard that will grease his slide to the second day of the draft. Other knocks on Manningham include a sssslow time in the 40 and a failure to admit during interviews at the Scouting Combine the fact that he failed at least one marijuana test in college.

Manningham thereafter wrote a letter to all teams apologizing for his prevarication (thanks, Tiki). But maybe Manningham merely should have explained the falsehood by pointing out, “What did you guys expect? I got a six on the Wonderlic.”

AtlCB

Reaction score
How the heck do you score a 6 on the wonderlick?????? :confused:

In theory, you could answer A, B, C, or D for every question and score around a 12!!! I guess it's a good thing this guy can play football.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AtlCB;2049797 said:

In theory, you could answer A, B, C, or D for every question and score around a 12!!! I guess it's a good thing this guy can play football.

He'd have to know B C D follows A :D

adamknite

Reaction score
AtlCB;2049797 said:

I think you get a 6 just for spelling your name correctly.

AtlCB

Reaction score
adamknite;2049812 said:
I think you get a 6 just for spelling your name correctly.
With a score like that, I would seriously doubt he could spell his last name. :laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AtlCB;2049830 said:
With a score like that, I would seriously doubt he could spell his last name. :laugh2:

He had to look at the back of his shirt. :laugh2:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Anyone know the wonderlic scores for some of the cowboys past and present? I wonder about Irvin's score? Emmit's? I think the Hambrick family might have the record lowest for the Cowboys. LB Darren (What do voluntary mean?) Hambrick and RB Troy (Who is the diamond?) Hambrick combined probably don't make double digits.

I wonder who has been/are the dumbest Cowboys? Any guesses?

I think all the football players should take the same wonderlic test after they retire. I'm guesing that there wouldn't be much improvement and probably a lot that score worse.

AtlCB

Reaction score
BigTimeCowboy;2049803 said:
A 6 for a WR isn't THAT bad...for a QB i would be worried.
I would take a 6 for a cover corner, running back, defensive tackle, or kicker. A WR has to know his routes and have some idea what the QB is thinking.

adamknite

Reaction score
ninja;2049839 said:
Anyone know the wonderlic scores for some of the cowboys past and present? I wonder about Irvin's score? Emmit's? I think the Hambrick family might have the record lowest for the Cowboys. LB Darren (What do voluntary mean?) Hambrick and RB Troy (Who is the diamond?) Hambrick combined probably don't make double digits.

I wonder who has been/are the dumbest Cowboys? Any guesses?

I think all the football players should take the same wonderlic test after they retire. I'm guesing that there wouldn't be much improvement and probably a lot that score worse.

Troy Aikman got a 29, Romo got a 37, I'll see if I can find any others.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2049836 said:
He had to look at the back of his shirt. :laugh2:

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

I just drew the little symbols on the back of my shirt and got 6 points!

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
BigTimeCowboy;2049803 said:
A 6 for a WR isn't THAT bad...for a QB i would be worried.

:eek: Are you serious?

The test is out of 50 questions! He probably didn't finish all 50 but ONLY 6 RIGHT?!

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
What makes me more leery is how guys can get scores this low and often get degrees from a major college institution.

Having gone to school here at the University of Utah and knowing a few people here and there, I know for a fact that certain players got passing grades that were never in class and even when they were, had no idea what they were doing. In a geology class here, one player was asked to name the three types of rocks (Igneous, Sedimentary, Metamorphic). This was learned on pretty much the first day and brought up every day since.

His answer, and I kid you not, was hard rocks, big rocks and small rocks. He somehow ended up with a B in the class despite not showing up for the final (found that out by talking to him at a party a few weeks after).

Isn't the case with every player or program, but it exists and is probably more rampant than one may think.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think it would be hilarious if Manningham became the next Randy Moss. Mario may have a serious chip on his shoulder after the draft. Anyone know Randy Moss' wonderlic score?