News: PFT: Michael Irvin has re-filed his defamation lawsuit in Arizona

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminder .. keep this thread ON-TOPIC!

It does not matter what happened in other cases. This thread is about the Irvin lawsuit.

As always, we do not allow racism or race-baiting on this site!

Anyone violating these rules or the Forum Rules will be banned from this thread and possibly have their account suspended!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
All this okie-doking going on. Lol. Wonder what counter-moves there could be next.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
wow, I wholeheartedly thought it had been settled. wrong.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So they re-file in Arizona against the company, the Phoenix renaissance hotel(jurisdiction), not Marriott and personnel making claims against him..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jeebus ...... I thought this was all over ..... Is it still for 100 million?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Mike Florio Explains Why The Michael Irvin Lawsuit Was Dropped | Shan & RJ

He mentions he heard Irvin refiled in Arizona.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So why didn’t he file it in the correct jurisdiction in the first place?
This happens ALL THE TIME. Venue is the very 1st thing a defendant uses to get a case dismissed. Venue is also used by the party filing a lawsuit to get a jurisdiction more favorable to them. This is, as so many like to say when someone gets off for a reason they dont like, a "Technicality." Sometimes jurisdications arent black and white and multiple states could hear a case. There isnt exactly a "Correct," jurisdiction.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
uhm..... lets get a jury to look at this and tell me how any REASONABLE person could possibly use the video to back up any claims of her being so offended. She shook ands at the end and walked away. If that was an employee that walked with him over by the front door, that guy also shook his hands and they parted ways. The guys at the table were ..... maybe 7-8 ft away from the conversation. Who knows if they could hear it or were even paying any attention. You certainly couldnt say Mike was drunk based upon his walking in the video. All of the ways in which people tried to describe this prior to us seeing it... good luck on getting a REASONABLE person to use the video to show he did anything so bad as to warrant being removed and his employer contacted.

This is clearly going to be a he said she said thing.... and looking at the video, there is no way you will make me believe he said something that had her so upset, because the video clearly did not show that. Yea yea yea.... she shook his hand because she was petrified of him attacking her right on the spot in the lobby. Ike I said... reasonable people will decide what happened. I dont den he probably did try to pick up on her.... and again, so what.

Merlin

Reaction score
uhm..... lets get a jury to look at this and tell me how any REASONABLE person could possibly use the video to back up any claims of her being so offended. She shook ands at the end and walked away. If that was an employee that walked with him over by the front door, that guy also shook his hands and they parted ways. The guys at the table were ..... maybe 7-8 ft away from the conversation. Who knows if they could hear it or were even paying any attention. You certainly couldnt say Mike was drunk based upon his walking in the video. All of the ways in which people tried to describe this prior to us seeing it... good luck on getting a REASONABLE person to use the video to show he did anything so bad as to warrant being removed and his employer contacted.

This is clearly going to be a he said she said thing.... and looking at the video, there is no way you will make me believe he said something that had her so upset, because the video clearly did not show that. Yea yea yea.... she shook his hand because she was petrified of him attacking her right on the spot in the lobby. Ike I said... reasonable people will decide what happened. I dont den he probably did try to pick up on her.... and again, so what.
The person that appeared upset was a manager. Makes you wonder. She appeared to tell a joke and Irvin laughed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, he did face slap himself 3 times backing up one of the witnesses. But that witness was not one to anything said between them, just what Irvin said to him afterwards.