News: PFT: Michael Irvin has re-filed his defamation lawsuit in Arizona

Merlin

Reaction score
So, he did face slap himself 3 times backing up one of the witnesses. But that witness was not one to anything said between them, just what Irvin said to him afterwards.
It don't look like it had anything to do with her because he was talking to someone else at that point. I don't see any harassment on that video.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The person that appeared upset was a manager. Makes you wonder. She appeared to tell a joke and Irvin laughed.
After watching it again with the lawyer commentary, he is right. It was the manager that was pissed that she was over their talking with him. She went to go back to work and the manager walks briskly by and says someting to her and she does a 180 to follow him. After they shook hands to depart the conversation, she stays around for another 15 or so seconds with a smile on her face. Then the hotel employee that approaches Mike goes over to the door to take a selfie, shake his hand and walk and point out where the elevator is located and thats it. You have go tot be kidding me. This video is VERY good for Mike... as a matter fact, only audio of the conversation could have been better.

Ok Die Hard and Couch coach... lets hear the take down of Mike now.

As Ricky used to say..... Marriott, you got some splainin to do.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So, he did face slap himself 3 times backing up one of the witnesses. But that witness was not one to anything said between them, just what Irvin said to him afterwards.
What witness... we heard the statement from Marriott that this is what "a "Witness said." Where are the wotnesses that saw this woman was visibly upset and walked up to intervene???? Where ar ethey. I sure as hell dont see them. I see the manager watching after having clapped at his employee to get to work, and then stand with his hands on is upset again that she is talking and not working... where are the fellow employees that came to this Damsel in distress rescue?

This makes me sck.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lol.
When the video started and it showed a guy leaning up against the wall, swaying and looking intoxicated, I thought oh damn, that's bad already... but it wasn't Irvin.

Seeing the comparison between that guy and Irvin is a video definition showing the difference between "drunk" and "having drinks" which several posters were hung up on.

Now, the slaps to himself, I dunno. Do you guys think Irvin should file case against himself for physical abuse?

I'm still putting all of this on the manager. He looks very upset in typical feminine hotel manager style.
That was my pick as the culprit in this mess.
It's like a real-life game of Clue.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
uhm..... lets get a jury to look at this and tell me how any REASONABLE person could possibly use the video to back up any claims of her being so offended. She shook ands at the end and walked away. If that was an employee that walked with him over by the front door, that guy also shook his hands and they parted ways. The guys at the table were ..... maybe 7-8 ft away from the conversation. Who knows if they could hear it or were even paying any attention. You certainly couldnt say Mike was drunk based upon his walking in the video. All of the ways in which people tried to describe this prior to us seeing it... good luck on getting a REASONABLE person to use the video to show he did anything so bad as to warrant being removed and his employer contacted.

This is clearly going to be a he said she said thing.... and looking at the video, there is no way you will make me believe he said something that had her so upset, because the video clearly did not show that. Yea yea yea.... she shook his hand because she was petrified of him attacking her right on the spot in the lobby. Ike I said... reasonable people will decide what happened. I dont den he probably did try to pick up on her.... and again, so what.
Depends what was said . We knew the video without audio wasn’t going to divulge much.

The bigger issue is was it enough to spur on the decisions by the hotel , NFL and ESPN.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Depends what was said . We knew the video without audio wasn’t going to divulge much.

The bigger issue is was it enough to spur on the decisions by the hotel , NFL and ESPN.
The answer is no, it wasn't a big deal at all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
uhm..... lets get a jury to look at this and tell me how any REASONABLE person could possibly use the video to back up any claims of her being so offended. She shook ands at the end and walked away. If that was an employee that walked with him over by the front door, that guy also shook his hands and they parted ways. The guys at the table were ..... maybe 7-8 ft away from the conversation. Who knows if they could hear it or were even paying any attention. You certainly couldnt say Mike was drunk based upon his walking in the video. All of the ways in which people tried to describe this prior to us seeing it... good luck on getting a REASONABLE person to use the video to show he did anything so bad as to warrant being removed and his employer contacted.

This is clearly going to be a he said she said thing.... and looking at the video, there is no way you will make me believe he said something that had her so upset, because the video clearly did not show that. Yea yea yea.... she shook his hand because she was petrified of him attacking her right on the spot in the lobby. Ike I said... reasonable people will decide what happened. I dont den he probably did try to pick up on her.... and again, so what.
Very clear, her mannerisms say NOTHING happened. If you can read body language and the way MI and this woman exchanged and left amicably, THEN the male manger started this entire thing PERIOD i see a manager was involved with waitress IMO jealousy I see that manger leering the entire time, like stalker, then engage and make this woman leave they had a talk.. MI and his lawyers are correct this is made up deal and ridiculous we are 5 threads and 70 pages talking about that exchange and that video supports his lawsuit.?? manger a jealouis ex, current boyfriend, something's shady going on with that male employee leering and being visibly upset that women's talking to mike.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

I think it revealed a lot. It revealed a manager that actually clapped his hands in the direction of the employee and Mike as soon as they started talking. Why did he do that? The the manager walked 6 or so steps toward them and stood there with his hands on his hips... a look of impatience to me. Then he walks more into the bar and he stands there, alternating his head between the tv and their conversation... he is clearly waiting for this conversation to end. The second they stop talking and she is walking back into the bar, he starts walkiing towards her and past her and he obviously tells her to come with him as she does a complete 180 degree turn from the direction she was waking to now go in his direction.

It is clear as can be he was standing there waiting for the conversation to end. He clearly was not concerned with her well being or thought anything innapproriate was going on. Where is any hotel employee that was listening to this conversation? More improtantly, where are the employees that Marriott said were aware she was uncomfortable and then approached Mike when the conversation ended.

I love how Mike LEERED at her as she walked away...... lol. There depiction of events are laughable after watching this video.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Very clear, her mannerisms say NOTHING happened. If you can read body language and the way MI and this woman exchanged and left amicably, THEN the male manger started this entire thing PERIOD i see a manager was involved with waitress IMO jealousy I see that manger leering the entire time, like stalker, then engage and make this woman leave they had a talk.. MI and his lawyers are correct this is made up deal and ridiculous we are 5 threads and 70 pages talking about that exchange and that video supports his lawsuit.?? manger a jealouis ex, current boyfriend, something's shady going on with that male employee leering and being visibly upset that women's talking to mike.
He also could have been pissed just because employees are likely told to leave famous guests alone. He pulled her aside to reprimand her and then she came up with this story to keep from getting into trouble. Who knows, but this video is absolutely great for Mike. I have no clue if there was any relationship outside of work between the manager and this lady, but if they get 1 employee to testify that there was in fact some relationship between the two, this case would be a slam dunk.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Irvin haters are mentally spinning things to explain the video.
yep........ exactly what is happening. If we went back to the original thread on this and pulled some of the posts talking about Mike making threats to her to "Come back in a few days." bahaha, yea, thats what he was doing, threatening physical violence against her.

sacase

Reaction score
Here is my assessment

Overall, I don't think the video proves much. I think that if you looked at the video without any of the backstory you wouldn't see anything in interaction between Micheal and the woman that would make you think he was out of line, it looks like two people talking. There are several anomolies in the video though.

The Manager
This is the interesting portion of the video. His body language can be seen as being irritated. So it looks like he observed the initial exchange between the employee and MI. But the interestedin part is that he walks away to the back of the bar. This leads me to believe that it was a normal conversation and he was waiting on the employee. If he was so concerned about the conversation, he would have either walked closer or stayed where he was to observe. Instead he walks away. This makes no sense if there was a negative interaction going on. I said before in one of the first threads, it might be a jealous manager. After she ends the convo, the manager calls her over and appears animated as they walk away.

"Black Shirt"
I point this person out becuase his behavior is that of someone hovering and waiting to get a picture with MI. Again if he was so concerned he would have stayed paying attention not turning his back and walking away several times. Nothing in his body language showed concern.

"Grey Shirt"
The "Grey shirt" guy walks out with her, but again this is odd because why would he walk over with her initially? If there was concern why is he out of earshot (He is further away that MI's witnesses) with his back turned. He walks away by the bar where he couldn't intervene if he wanted to. Then he walks over and appears to talk to the manager then walks over to the bar area. After MI's coversation with the lady he appears to say something to MI. He kind of meanders around after.

Pro MI
MI did not call her over from behind the desk as orignally alleged. She did not pull her hand back. He did not touch her inappropriately nor appear overly aggressive. He did not appear visibly drunk.

Against MI

Marriotts discription of events from a physical stand point in the court documents is generally accurate (Statments made in the press differ from statements made in court documents). MI did slap himself three times (I admit I thought this was a outright lie). She does back away 3 times to maintain space.

So my question is this, why were there three people hovering around the encounter from the beginnning? If the conversation was so concerning why did all three walk away? Its almost like it was a set up. She intentionally walked around the pillar to get to MI or at least put herself in front of him to get his attention. The quickest way to the bar was in front of the pillar but that would not have put her infront of MI. Convo starts are 23:11:58. From 23:12:08 to 23:13:39 no one was really in position to hear the conversation. Maybe the other table could have heard a little depending on the background noise and if they were paying attention. On the video time of 23:13:39 you can see black shirt and grey shirt pass by each other and there is an exchange of a message. The female employee points both guys out as if saying I think they want to get a picture with you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it revealed a lot. It revealed a manager that actually clapped his hands in the direction of the employee and Mike as soon as they started talking. Why did he do that? The the manager walked 6 or so steps toward them and stood there with his hands on his hips... a look of impatience to me. Then he walks more into the bar and he stands there, alternating his head between the tv and their conversation... he is clearly waiting for this conversation to end. The second they stop talking and she is walking back into the bar, he starts walkiing towards her and past her and he obviously tells her to come with him as she does a complete 180 degree turn from the direction she was waking to now go in his direction.

It is clear as can be he was standing there waiting for the conversation to end. He clearly was not concerned with her well being or thought anything innapproriate was going on. Where is any hotel employee that was listening to this conversation? More improtantly, where are the employees that Marriott said were aware she was uncomfortable and then approached Mike when the conversation ended.

I love how Mike LEERED at her as she walked away...... lol. Their depiction of events are laughable after watching this video.
The video didn’t really tell me much . But I suspected it wouldn’t. One thing for sure there wasn’t any sexual assault as Irvin’s lawyer correctly stated.

It was probably just an inappropriate comment like was reported .

Is that enough for the hotel to remove him? Maybe not . But I suspect he was on a short leash with the networks . Any accusation probably meant the end for him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Michael Irvin comes over to initiate a conversation with her out of nowhere.

I’m not sure what the lawyer is trying to imply by pointing out her manager claps, as this happens before Mike even gets there. At about the same time, the video or Mike speeds up to initiate conversation, as the lady was walking into the bar, facing the opposite direction of Irvin.

Then she turns towards Mike and starts talking and this is basically when the manager takes a couple steps towards her and waits.

Maybe he was just calling her about some work that needed to be done and he just waited for her to finish the conversation with Mike.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The video didn’t really tell me much . But I suspected it wouldn’t. One thing for sure there wasn’t any sexual assault as Irvin’s lawyer correctly stated.

It was probably just an inappropriate comment like was reported .

Is that enough for the hotel to remove him? Maybe not . But I suspect he was on a short leash with the networks . Any accusation probably meant the end for him.

The video didnt tell you, an Irvin hater much, but a reasonable juror who is neither pro or negative MI... yea, that video says a lot. It just isnt speaking the words you were hoping to hear.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
What I find interest in the video is when Michael first stepped forward, she steps back, but then Michael immediately takes a slight lateral step to his right , she mirrors that same lateral step to her left to remain in front of Michael. This motion to stay directly in front of him doesn’t seem to be a motion when you want to end a conversation.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The video shows things but not in the context Marriott is claiming...Clearly the employee was fully engaged in thier discussion throughout even leaning in laughing with him and a handshake that was not pulling back at all at the end...the slaps of the face where a clear conversation between him and another person as he was describing something but pointing outside not anywhere in the direction of the employee....the statement they made seems like it was maed after the lawsuit and they are trying to force it to the video...In no way does the employee look like she is afraid or disgusted with him. Whe was going back to her post and then was basically called to the managers office..this to me is even more sus than it was before when it wouldve showed just a normal SHORT convo with no real interaction.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Site rule #5 - You will not post racist, race-baiting or sexually insensitive discussions or comments.

Do not cite or quote other members' citation of alleged comments filed in the lawsuits, legal counsel, Irvin himself, etc., reflective of racial or sexual undertones.

Refer to post #3.