News: PFT: Mike McCarthy didn't think he'd win a challenge when officials spotted CeeDee Lamb short

Aftershock

Reaction score
I didn’t mind that. The play call after that was mind boggling. 4th and inches and call a bootleg??? Just pound Zeke in.

that’s kmoore trying to be cute and too smart for his own good. “They THINK I’m gonna run so let me play action and pass it”.

hey bozo. It’s INCHES. JUST RUN THE BALL OR SNEAK IT.

quickccc

Reaction score
This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to fire the guy. He needs to at the very least get a new instant replay guy in the booth to tell him when to challenge. The current person is an idiot.

McCarthy practically confessed that he flat blew it by non-challenging the Lamb reception.
Means his game management decisions are still much in question.

Also means he does have the proper "spotters" handy to significantly help him either.

JBond

Reaction score
Just when I start to appreciate MM he does something like this. Ended up in a dead drive. Why not challenge?

Ken

Reaction score
Then punt the damn ball.

Geezus...this was such a braindead sequence and it drives me nuts. Under no circumstances should we be rushing to the line on 4th down at our OWN 34... Let alone how the game was going and being on the road. Just a TOTAL joke.

If i was playing my 11-year-old son in Madden, this is the kind of call i would expect. Not from a super bowl winning coach.

And IF you are going to do this idiocy....qb sneak it.

We literally handed them the game with this.

Creeper

Reaction score
The problem is giving both sides only two challenges. The guys in New York who are supposed to review plays to get them right should review spotting the ball too. It should not be about coaches making the right decisions when to challenge or using up their only 2 challenges, it should be about getting the calls right. If the NFL is worried about the length of games then they should show it be reducing the number and length of commercial breaks.

droopdog7

Reaction score
This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to fire the guy. He needs to at the very least get a new instant replay guy in the booth to tell him when to challenge. The current person is an idiot.
The instant replay guy? They ran up to the line with lightening up their rear end. I mean, I guess he may have seen a replay but we sure didn't. By that time, they were already committed to running a play.