News: PFT: Mike McCarthy: There won't be a dilemma, Dak Prescott is our QB

FVSTONE

Reaction score
When a coach makes comments like this he needs to be replaced! This club has been on a downward spiral since the second of last season and the downward spiral appeared in the first before Toadie got hurt. Cooper has brought a spark to the team and MM is flapping his gums about who's his QB???????????? Chubs, maybe you should let this spark play out before handing the reins back to the rally killer!

NumOneQB

Reaction score
31 other NFL coaches would say the same thing Mike just said. All these posts are worse than you guys pushing Dalton when Dak was hurt. So ridiculous…

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM after Daks return:
Yeah he had a couple pics, and a fumble, but he's still healing!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I can’t believe anyone would want to stay with Cooper Rush after last weeks performance of 233 yards, one TD and virtually no offense in the second half. I’m still laughing at those who are trying to glorify his performance. It was okay but certainly nothing great and nothing to make you consider staying with him when Dak returns. I know many hate Dak but get real!

So you want to go back to Dak's performance of 149 yards 0 TD's 1 INT and 3 point offense?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you want to go back to Dak's performance of 149 yards 0 TD's 1 INT and 3 point offense?

Are you saying our chances with Cooper Rush this season are just as good as with Dak? Sounds like you’re trying to make an argument that it would make no difference which QB we use.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm not disabling my adblocker just to read the article, but I assume McCarthy said this simply because he feels Dak is the better QB, and as a rule, he's right. Dak played horribly in the first game, and Rush played well enough within the game plan to come away with a win in week 2. If they were to ask Rush to do all the things they ask Dak to do (granted, it seems Dak doesn't do it as well as we'd like) I don't think he'd be as successful.

If we had a decent talent at the backup qb position I could see MM addressing this. I don’t know if he was asked this question but if that’s the case he had to reply to it.

I truly wish we had either a high draft pick with all the physical tools required to be successful or at least an NFL proven veteran that could give us the best chance short term or long if needed

They hedged a team that is paying 210 million dollars in salary with a backup quarterback earning 970k…..which is probably commensurate with his ability. Makes perfect sense to me.

shabazz

Reaction score
How if Prescott is almost ready to play? Did he "ball out" vs Cinn?

no…..but Rayne did ball out against the Bucs though. Elite performance but of course his offensive line failed him by allowing 2 Whole sacks against a good Bucs defensive front.