Twitter: PFT: MM on lame-duck season, "This is a challenge"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy isn't the first HC to be frustrated with Jerry Jones and from the looks of things, he may not be the last. Personally, I think he did as well as could be expected, considering the limited amount of help he got from the Cowboys' management. That issue appears destined to be continued with the coaches yet to follow him, imho. Both Jerry and Stephen will still manage to think they're doing a great job. Some things never change.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's not getting another contract unless he gets to the SB
I won't go that far........NFCCG should do it.
But if that happens, it would mean this was the best coach season of his career. That could mean OTHER teams may be interested, not just Jerry. I could easily see him giving Jerry the finger if he has another offer.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
His attitude has always been suspect. I think there’s about a 2% chance he’s retained after this season. His in-game decisions have always been subpar, and his offense was dominated by the better defensive coaches in the league.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You can see in this thread that Jerry's plan of scapegoating Mike is going to work out well for him.
Unless he goes for a true splash HC signing like he did with Parcells I think Jerry is really playing with fire here. We are days away from camp and fans are still pretty apathetic about this year for the most part. I think most fans are seeing through Jerry's BS. If he really tries to scapegoat MM and keep status quo with the rest of the operation I could see a lot of fans walking away.

Brax

Reaction score
To say Mike is unhappy is an understatement ............then he could resign

https://sportdfw.com/posts/mike-mcc...d-by-jerry-jones-going-into-camp-01j3jppcwg21

Mike McCarthy Appears Frustrated by Jerry Jones Going Into Camp​

Dallas Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy doesn't sound particularly happy with Jerry Jones in new comments ahead of training camp.

A challenge, MM is a real dirt bag, he’s done nothing to deserve a new contract and has used scapegoats every year to place blame on everyone but himself. He should have been fired immediately after the GB debacle.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Boo-Hoo.

Do what you were hired for and it wouldn't be a problem.
We agree on something. The majority of the blame for that performance goes on the Coaches as they didn’t even put up a fight. They were totally unprepared. Now having said that, there were a lot of things out of his control. Who hired Quinn? Who allowed Quinn to ignore the run defense and focus on sacks and turnovers? Who allowed the team to go into the season with such a pathetic run game? The Jones are just as much to blame as anyone. And don’t forget the players. Where’s the leadership on defense? There is none. The offense has Dak and an emerging Jake Ferguson. And they’ve drafted a couple of mean beasts on the offensive line so I see an identity developing there possibly.

But the HC and the QB usually get all the blame for the failures.