Twitter: PFT: MM on lame-duck season, "This is a challenge"

stiletto

Reaction score
Go find a shoulder to cry on.
LOL. It's dishonest to say Dak can't win "in the regular season" against regular teams. He can but the guy folds like a cheap Wal-Mart tent if things get bright/tough. There's more evidence he does than he doesn't brother. He's gotta go.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The only thing Mike should be frustrated about is the front office doing nothing to really improve the team. For the no new contract, go win some playoff games and you'll get rewarded.

It would be funny though if Mike decided to not report to camp and holdout.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL. It's dishonest to say Dak can't win "in the regular season" against regular teams. He can but the guy folds like a cheap Wal-Mart tent if things get bright/tough. There's more evidence he does than he doesn't brother. He's gotta go.
We’ve already been through this. :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m not crying. You are. I’ve come to terms w what we have. You haven’t.
Where am I crying? I’m satisfied with the QB we have. I’ve come to terms that we don’t have a better option.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’m looking forward more to the preseason to see how Lance does. I won’t watch much regular season if wonder boy is still under center.
An interesting preseason 2024 indeed, there are several areas of the team I will be watching as close as my time and access allows.

Lance will be the primary focus, but want to see the OL assignments early, that will show all of us a lot as far as possible game script, and Im talking some PS games scripted,
Lance looks good, Jerry gets a big smile on that pretty face, and he is the genius.

Early Camp and PS lineups will be a strong indicator on who is doing what, and the possibility of trading away some depth on this OL is not out of the realm of possibility.

I want draft capital for valuable players, the FO invests heavily into the draft, so grab at least some picks in a trade, teams are desperate for OL talent with ceiling remaining.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You’re predicting a losing season, so yeah that will be entertaining for you if you’re right. The Cowboys winning games isn’t any fun for you because you disappear when the team wins. You enjoy watching the team struggle.
He does seem to enjoy it when the Cowboys lose. Otherwise, he disappears.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Exactly what I have been saying for years! :D
10-5 with Matt Cassel.
3-1 with Jimmy G.
Had Cleveland at 11-5 then the owner put the team
in limbo eventually leaving for Baltimore.
Your theory has been wrong for years.

With that being said, I'd rather have some new blood on
the coaching staff.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
To say Mike is unhappy is an understatement ............then he could resign

https://sportdfw.com/posts/mike-mcc...d-by-jerry-jones-going-into-camp-01j3jppcwg21

Mike McCarthy Appears Frustrated by Jerry Jones Going Into Camp​

Dallas Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy doesn't sound particularly happy with Jerry Jones in new comments ahead of training camp.

Feel bad for Mike McCarthy. He deserves better. The Jones clan is a cancer on this once great franchise.

stiletto

Reaction score
Feel bad for Mike McCarthy. He deserves better. The Jones clan is a cancer on this once great franchise.
You mean when they won 3 of the 5 SB's the franchise has? LOL -- not defending the Jones clan because I dont love them but let's be honest. 50%+ of the history of the Cowboys belongs to Jerruh...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You mean when they won 3 of the 5 SB's the franchise has? LOL -- not defending the Jones clan because I dont love them but let's be honest. 50%+ of the history of the Cowboys belongs to Jerruh...
That was 30 years ago. The Landry days built the legacy that Jerry is still living off today. Last 30 years their playoff accomplishments put them with the bottom feeders of the league. You know this so please stop.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
MM can change this by idkkk winning when it matters?

If they resigned MM, people would be all over the Jones for reupping a lame duck HC

stiletto

Reaction score
That was 30 years ago. The Landry days built the legacy that Jerry is still living off today. Last 30 years their playoff accomplishments put them with the bottom feeders of the league. You know this so please stop.
Haha I know. I hated when he fired Landry but the Cowboys were going nowhere and he did hire Jimmy. Things changed so, some credit is warranted but yeah..not much anymore.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’m in the camp of at minimum the divisional round and then see how we lose. It’s easy to say championship game or bust, but we haven’t come close to that level for 30 years even before McCarthy. If we got to the divisional round and got embarrassed like the packers beat down then I’d agree but if we lose a tough game to a team that potentially goes on to the supe bowl I’d give some slack.