News: PFT: NFL: Goodell was aware of Kia Roberts’ opinions

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL: Goodell was aware of Kia Roberts’ opinions

The allegation that league executives conspired to keep the opinions of director of investigations Kia Roberts from Commissioner Roger Goodell is not accurate.

“I can tell you without any hesitation that this is false,” NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart told PFT by phone on Friday morning.

Lockhart explained that Goodell was aware of the views of everyone on the team. Roberts, according to Elliott’s lawsuit, believed Tiffany Thompson was not credible, and that Elliott should not be suspended.

“It’s categorically false that the information was kept from the Commission,” Lockhart said.

Lockhart did not dispute the notion that Roberts believed Thompson to not be credible. He noted that the Commissioner was aware of Roberts’ concerns regarding the credibility of Thompson and other witnesses.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/nfl-goodell-was-aware-of-kia-roberts-opinions/

aikemirv

Reaction score
NFL: Goodell was aware of Kia Roberts’ opinions

The allegation that league executives conspired to keep the opinions of director of investigations Kia Roberts from Commissioner Roger Goodell is not accurate.

“I can tell you without any hesitation that this is false,” NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart told PFT by phone on Friday morning.

Lockhart explained that Goodell was aware of the views of everyone on the team. Roberts, according to Elliott’s lawsuit, believed Tiffany Thompson was not credible, and that Elliott should not be suspended.

“It’s categorically false that the information was kept from the Commission,” Lockhart said.

Lockhart did not dispute the notion that Roberts believed Thompson to not be credible. He noted that the Commissioner was aware of Roberts’ concerns regarding the credibility of Thompson and other witnesses.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/nfl-goodell-was-aware-of-kia-roberts-opinions/

Why bother with an investigatiuon at all if you are not going to listen to it.

NFL is going to lose this time!

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
The media wouldn't be making proclamations that end up not being the case....that never happens, right!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They are taking their chances and are hoping like hell they survive. Just digging their hole deeper.

Any lawyer worth their salt will absolutely shred this "fair and unbiased" process.

They should vacate and apologize but their egos won't allow them to at this point. Smh

Sydla

Reaction score
The media wouldn't be making proclamations that end up not being the case....that never happens, right!

Yes, because the NFL league office would never lie about a fact of the case.

I am generally curious why you are fighting tooth and nail here against Elliott. I get wanting to see more facts before reaching a conclusion but with every turn of this case, and mostly not good for the NFL, you've attempted multiple ways to concoct a defense for the NFL.

So I have to ask, why? Do you have familiarity with DV that makes you prone to believe the girl and therefore, by extension, have to defend everything the NFL says and does here?

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
They are taking their chances and are hoping like hell they survive. Just digging their hole deeper.

Any lawyer worth their salt will absolutely shred this "fair and unbiased" process.

They should vacate and apologize but their egos won't allow them to at this point. Smh
I hope Jerry is already networking the other owners to fire Roger.

Sydla

Reaction score
This could just be a legal tactic. They'll try to find one inconsistency in the filings by the NFLPA and Elliott and harp on that trying to discredit the rest of the allegations.

Frankly, I never thought for a minute Goodell didn't know what Roberts found. I think he chose to ignore it because I suspect they had a determination of the crime long before they had the so called evidence to prove it.

joseephuss

Reaction score

The media isn't the one making the claims. They are merely reporting them.

Elliott's team is claiming that information was withheld from the commissioner. Joe Lockhart, who works for the NFL, is claiming that the commissioner had that information. Neither Elliott's team or Lockhart are the media.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So let me get this straight..........

The NFL found the accuser, who had been caught lying on numerous occasions and whom none of them spoke with, credible.
The NFL found their Lead investigator's, the only NFL employee that interviewed the accuser, assessment and recommendation, not credible?

They're gonna go down with the ship.