News: PFT: NFL: Goodell was aware of Kia Roberts’ opinions

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Who cares about taking someone to court? That's not the issue. The issue is what is required to prove the case and win. This goes back to the strawman thing.

LOL Zeke can take the NFL to court if he wishes to. It doesn't matter what you think or what the NFL thinks. If he has a case against the league he can take it court. Frankly, he can win this.

So whats your point again?

Doomsay

Reaction score
I have made no conclusions about Zeke, all I have to go by is that four independent individuals that reviewed all of the evidence concluded by that evidence in a 4-0 decision that Zeke was by a preponderance of the evidence(51% belief) that he hit the woman..that's their conclusion, not mine!! . One investigator believed she wasn't credible and shouldn't be suspended and therefore the NFL is out to get Zeke and it's all a conspiracy???....BURDEN OF PROOF STANDARD in a company policy is minimal. I haven't seen all the evidence but apparently most of this forum has apparently, they've made the conclusion Zeke didn't do it, and that she's a liar, she's a money grabber, she's a stripper, she's this, she's that... that all may be true............
but THIS CASE ISN'T BEFORE A COURT, conflating criminal charges or "guilt" to a company policy is annoying, As many say, Zeke wasn't charged, there's no conviction in a court.....complete different standards in a company policy, or Zeke should sue the league for Slander or libel...or he should sue Thompson, which would only open up a new can of worms, If the appeal is not successful, Zeke will go to court but just remember, the argument in court won't be about Zeke's guilt or innocence of the allegation conclusion by the league, it would be about an injunction so he can play on the basis of a procedure process.. Maybe Zeke wins the appeal and Henderson voids the suspension....Nobody cares about Thompson, she'll be forgotten about in three months, Zeke is a major star in the NFL, playing for the marquee team in the NFL and this notion that there's some conspiracy by the NFL to suspend him because he's a Cowboy and the league is OUT TO GET the Cowboys is laughable, for what would be the reason for that, they only won two play off games in 22 years..

I agree the league has lied for decades in the past, they used to sweep these incidents under the rug but those days are over after the AP, Rice and Brown incidents, no longer can the league ignore these allegations against their players or sweep them under the rug.......
"4 independent individuals," stop right there, do not pass Go.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
LOL Zeke can take the NFL to court if he wishes to. It doesn't matter what you think or what the NFL thinks. If he has a case against the league he can take it court. Frankly, he can win this.

So whats your point again?

Nobody ever said Zeke couldn't take the NFL to court.

S.T.R.A.W.M.A.N.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I am sure it varies by state. Malice is required in some cases (see Palin v. New York Times - Thrown out due to a supposed lack of malice, also Vilma v. NFL).

Palin's case was thrown out because of lack of evidence. Big difference.

Palin was not able to prove any monetary lost because of it.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Tell me again how keeping the Cowboys to 2 playoff wins benefits the league, since Dallas is the marque team in the league...wouldn't that be like cutting off your face in spite your nose!......Jerry managed to do that all by himself with drafting of players and just because one individual is a giant fan doesn't bother me at all, these are career professionals, that sounds like a lame excuse.....what about the other three on the panel were Cowboy fan and still believed Zeke hit the woman, would you be OK with the result then, probably not, right???

Brown's wife wouldn't cooperate, the Prosecutor wouldn't cooperate and give the NFL their file and the NFL didn't know of the other incidents until after the one game suspension, if they didn't know of the other incidents, how could Brown be suspended longer....when the other incidents came to light, the Giants cut him and the league indefinitely suspended him.....
Just Wow.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Palin's case was thrown out because of lack of evidence. Big difference.

Palin was not able to prove any monetary lost because of it.

Wrong.

Quote from the judge:

legal redress by a public figure must be limited to those cases where the public figure has a plausible factual basis for complaining that the mistake was made maliciously