News: PFT: NFL won’t rule out Ezekiel Elliott suspension beginning Monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewsBot

Reaction score
If an appeals court rules the NFL’s way, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott could begin a six-game suspension as early as Monday night’s game against the Cardinals. Despite previous talk that the league wouldn’t suspend a player later in the week than Tuesday because teams need time to game plan, NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said [more]http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2479111&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

Sydla

Reaction score
Basically, this is going to be a weekly thing with them until the 5th Circuit rules on their stay request. The NFL will publicly state that Elliott's suspension could start every week simply as PR to remind everyone that he did something wrong in their eyes.

In other words if the 5th Circuit rules in their favor on the stay today or Monday, they'll immediately suspend him, while ignoring their own precedent, as another PR show to try to get people to believe they really are tough on DV.

I am also sure there's a bit of bitterness at play here with them knowing they've been made to look like a clown show over this ordeal by Elliott's legal team.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
As Goodell and NFL continue to move the goal post, when it comes to a Cowboy player, when will the entire Football world say enough is enough!? My bet is that happens when they tick off the Fantasy Footballers. How dare them.

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
As Goodell and NFL continue to move goal post, when it comes to a Cowboy player, when will the entire Football world say enough is enough!? My bet is that happens when they tick off the Fantasy Footballers. I dare them.

Which is essentially the case against them, that the process wasn't fair and the Judge exclaimed he had never seen such an outrageous (paraphrased) case in the entirety of his court.

Thanks NFL for helping Zeke's and the NFLPA make their case!

TheHerd

Reaction score
I hope the court waits until Tuesday to rule and then confirms the stay. The delay until Tuesday would just be the pizz the NFL off. I don't think the court was happy with the NFL requesting hearing dates.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's not an official rule but precedent set by the NFL in the past has been Tuesday is the cut off.

Do we actually have evidence of this, or is it just what people say? Do we know of an instance where a suspension was announced on a Wed/Thur/Fri and then served starting the following week?

Past practice is still not a rule.

Apparently it doesn't apply to Cushing, either (announced on a Wed - Granted he was going to miss the first game anyway):

https://www.click2houston.com/sport...mes-by-nfl-for-performance-enhancing-drug-use

Or Vacaro and Payton (announced on a Friday):
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-report-20161209-story.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.