News: PFT: NFL won’t rule out Ezekiel Elliott suspension beginning Monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If we want to be limited through the air I'm all for keeping Dak for the next decade. I just don't have a crush on him and think we should pursue the best option for the team
Dalton is not the best option. The guy hasn't even won a playoff game after how many years? And even the fans have turned on him this year. We'll know if Dak is the future within the next year or two and if he isn't we need to find a good young QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Zeke is safe for the next 2 games since his hearing is Oct 2 so him being suspended for Monday's game is moot now.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They didn't play many elite offenses, and our offense was unreal. And the D inhuman in the red zone. That has to equal out.

The Cowboys played plenty of very good offenses last year- the Commanders still had weapons, and they also played the Packers, Steelers, Buccaneers, and Lions; and won every one of those games. Having said that, I do agree with the rest of your post- the offense needs to regain it's 2016 form. That way this defense is on the field a lot less; just like last year.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dalton is not the best option. The guy hasn't even won a playoff game after how many years? And even the fans have turned on him this year. We'll know if Dak is the future within the next year or two and if he isn't we need to find a good young QB.

Really, we don't know if Dak is the future? So in 1 year at the least, we will know if we have to find another young qb?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Really, we don't know if Dak is the future? So in 1 year at the least, we will know if we have to find another young qb?
We will know in a year or two. If he continues to progress then yes he is the future. If he regresses then the Cowboys have to look at other options. We have to find out before his big contact kicks in. And yes I do think he's the future. He's had a great start. Just has to continue to improve. But I'm not beholden to any one QB. I wasn't with Tony and I won't be with Dak.

diefree666

Reaction score
I think we will know at the end of this season if Dak is truly the answer. He must progress- he must be more of a play maker than a game manager. He was an excellent game manager last year and did make some plays. THIS year he has to show he can do more.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We will know in a year or two. If he continues to progress then yes he is the future. If he regresses then the Cowboys have to look at other options. We have to find out before his big contact kicks in. And yes I do think he's the future. He's had a great start. Just has to continue to improve. But I'm not beholden to any one QB. I wasn't with Tony and I won't be with Dak.

Again, so one year we will know? Is he gonna fall off that much in a year? He had a bad game in Denver because the OL was getting abused, and the recievers couldn't get open. It wasn't just Dak.

diefree666

Reaction score
Again, so one year we will know? Is he gonna fall off that much in a year? He had a bad game in Denver because the OL was getting abused, and the recievers couldn't get open. It wasn't just Dak.

point is by the end of this season we should have a much better idea of just what kind of QB he is and if he is what we want for our future.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
point is by the end of this season we should have a much better idea of just what kind of QB he is and if he is what we want for our future.

Well, we can say the same for every player on the roster, not just Dak.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I didn't blame him for that Denver game. I thought he did as well as he could under the circumstances. I've defended him pretty much all week. As I said I do think he is the future but you never know. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Them

Reaction score
...Is this topic about Zeke or Dak?...lol...I don't want to read back!....I'm trying to understand why Zeke might possibly be suspended before Monday's game....I mean... How can he have his day in court if he's already serving a sentence!?..:huh:.....and yes I must believe that Dak, along with a talented team, will lead us to the "Promised Land!":starspin:

diefree666

Reaction score
Well, we can say the same for every player on the roster, not just Dak.

A QB is so much harder to evaluate. There are so many components to being a QB. Frankly you can get two years on any other position and be just about sure what you have. Not at QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.