News: PFT: Nick Sirianni: Know from my gut hiring Kellen Moore was best thing for us

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
It’ll look good for the first couple of weeks then you’ll wonder later in the season why there’s no motion no disguises and why they slam the ball up the same lane instead of keeping the defense on its heels
Moore's O's are top 10 in pre-snap motion every year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
QBs that are as reliant on their ability to run as he is rarely have sustained success in the NFL. Kellen Moore is not going to change that.
+1 ...he got away with it in 2022 coz his legs were just as much a weapon as his arm. I'm not sure many know this but he led all QBs in rushing attempts that year (2022). He was such a threat to run that teams weren't sure how/where to commit. If they committed to covering WRs, he ran or if they used an extra player to minimize his running, WRs were left open......as in wide open. So he never had to worry much about accuracy or tight windows.
That changed last season when teams took away his running........accuracy and tight window throws began an issue.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry wishes them good luck.

Screenshot-20240520-070935-Gallery.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can't think of a worse current starting QB for Kellen's "stay in the pocket, read and react with precision throws downfield to hit timing routes" offense than Hurts. Maybe Jackson?
Maybe he adjusts his schemes now because he knows he might be on his last stop maybe this time given that he's looking over there at the Cowboys and thinking he needs to prove something maybe he adjust his scheme to the actual talent this time.... I mean it would be a huge kick in the cherries if this dude does good things this year in our division and starts having those in your face moments laughing at us and clapping....:eek:

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
He is only saying that because if Moore fails to improve the offense, he can blame Moore while still keep his job.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You could probably bet on repeat of the 2021 Cowboys

Lots of points scored, and it will look great for a few weeks. But then their offense will get thumped by physical defenses.
It will be interesting to see what he does with Hurts. If he just installs the Garrett system and expects him to be a pocket passer who occasionally runs, I don't see that being a good fit. Philly was at its best with Hurts' threat to run and movement skills opening up the passing game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ha!

If Philly beats us twice this year a large part of this board will have complete meltdowns. Wailing and screaming and wringing of hands, maybe even some pearl clutching. It would be an epic sight to behold.
Not really. It’s very realistic that Moore may be better now than he was even last season. In order for Bellicheat to become Bellicheat he had to get fired.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Philly is a mercurial team to say the least. The personalities from the HC and throughout the roster are potentially combustible.

When things are going well, no issues and they thump their chests with the best of them.

But when things start to go sour— look out. The wheels don’t just fall off— the whole train goes off the damn tracks lol

train-wreck-smashing-exploding-wyfc2tv8506qd0po.gif

Reaction score
You could probably bet on repeat of the 2021 Cowboys

Lots of points scored, and it will look great for a few weeks. But then their offense will get thumped by physical defenses.
well the Iggles do have the advantage of a physical and talented o-line.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
well the Iggles do have the advantage of a physical and talented o-line.
Is it much better than the 2021 Cowboys OL? Without Kelce, I'm skeptical.

Center makes a huge difference as we all know from the loss of TFred

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Maybe he adjusts his schemes now because he knows he might be on his last stop maybe this time given that he's looking over there at the Cowboys and thinking he needs to prove something maybe he adjust his scheme to the actual talent this time.... I mean it would be a huge kick in the cherries if this dude does good things this year in our division and starts having those in your face moments laughing at us and clapping....:eek:
True. Anything is possible. Maybe Kellen will learn.

That said, the very thing that got him let go and created the interceptions for Dak is what is going to be a big problem for Hurts. The same Kellen Moore from a few years ago is going to have a bigger problem than he had here.