PFT picks up on Werder heckling video... ESPN response Post #18/Producer warned

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
REVENGE OF THE FAN, COWBOY STYLE

Posted by Mike Florio on December 15, 2008, 6:38 a.m.
While watching at YouTube the video of T.O.’s post-game comments after Sunday’s win over the Giants, we noticed another clip, which currently has enjoyed less than 30,000 views but which surely is on its way to 3 million.
A Dallas fan named Cowboy Chris recently set up shop within earshot of an attempt by ESPN's Ed Werder to file a report from Valley Ranch.
And Cowboy Chris started heckling Werder.

The whole thing took on a much more compelling quality when a member of the ESPN crew, who by all appearances would otherwise be earning a living shuttling the boss of the North Jersey mob between his house and Satriale’s, dropped repeated “F” bombs on Cowboy Chris.

The five-minute clip is, in our view, priceless, primarily since it combines elements of several of our favorite shows.

It takes on an Office-style feel when a mildly-amused security guard arrives on the scene and acknowledges that there’s really nothing that can be done about the situation.

And then it conjures images of Seinfeld, when Chris Moltisanti gets in the face of Cowboy Chris and threatens to come to his workplace and heckle him.
But enough talking. Here it is.

And as to the ESPN staffer who foolishly (and profanely) engaged Cowboy Chris while a camera was rolling, we wish you luck in your coming job search.
We hear that Uncle Junior needs someone to take him to the doctor twice per week.

UPDATE: We’re hearing that the “F”-bomber in the video is a producer named “Sean.” Said one source with knowledge of him, “He’s one of those guys who hangs out with the talent and acts like he’s the same.”​

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I have no problem with what CowboyChris.

I back it up.

There should be some sort of integrity line with the media. Its out of control.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Oscar%2Baward.jpg

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
I'd like to see that report that Weiner was doing to see if you can pick up on anything, a reaction or a look he might have given in that direction. Anyone have it?

Spectre

Reaction score
Oh the irony.

A guy who's main comeback was "I work for ESPN!"... won't be for long.

Spectre

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2495542 said:
I'd like to see that report that Weiner was doing to see if you can pick up on anything, a reaction or a look he might have given in that direction. Anyone have it?
they took it down.

he was clearly affected by it during his piece and you could hear the heckling in the background during it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Spectre;2495547 said:
Oh the irony.

A guy who's main comeback was "I work for ESPN!"... won't be for long.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Dude needs a good pimp slapping.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
stasheroo;2495263 said:
The whole thing took on a much more compelling quality when a member of the ESPN crew, who by all appearances would otherwise be earning a living shuttling the boss of the North Jersey mob between his house and Satriale’s, dropped repeated “F” bombs on Cowboy Chris.

The five-minute clip is, in our view, priceless, primarily since it combines elements of several of our favorite shows.

It takes on an Office-style feel when a mildly-amused security guard arrives on the scene and acknowledges that there’s really nothing that can be done about the situation.

And then it conjures images of Seinfeld, when Chris Moltisanti gets in the face of Cowboy Chris and threatens to come to his workplace and heckle him.
But enough talking. Here it is.

And as to the ESPN staffer who foolishly (and profanely) engaged Cowboy Chris while a camera was rolling, we wish you luck in your coming job search.
We hear that Uncle Junior needs someone to take him to the doctor twice per week.

UPDATE: We’re hearing that the “F”-bomber in the video is a producer named “Sean.” Said one source with knowledge of him, “He’s one of those guys who hangs out with the talent and acts like he’s the same.”​

:muttley:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
stasheroo;2495263 said:

Whoever that was... he looked like he wanted to "throw down"... I thought he was going to once or twice.

***** ESPN

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I loved it, to me ed werder just tries to stir things up.

Like the last cowboys press conference last week, other reporters were asking wade phillips other questions, but ed werder kept asking about adam jones. Trying to get wade phillips to say adam jones was trouble for the cowboy players. That to me isnt journalism, but wanting to stir up trouble.

Look at what ed werder has reported about the cowboys, no good thing hardly ever, he always tries to talk about controversy with the cowboys, even when they are winning.

If i was Jerry Jones, I would ban him from valley ranch, and tell espn to get someone responsible. I also as the owner of the cowboys tell all coaches, and players and staff not to comment to ed werder ever again, ban him totally. And till espn gets off of their horse to start strife between the cowboys players, then the cowboys players, coaches, staff that works for the cowboys will not talk to espn at all.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
In that convverstation with wade phillips and ed werder, werder asked 3 straight times about adam jones, but the other reporters didnt but ed werder did.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ESPN RESPONDS TO WERDER HECKLING INCIDENT

Posted by Mike Florio on December 15, 2008, 3:46 p.m.

Earlier in the day, we posted a blurb about the must-see video of a guy named “Cowboy Chris” invoking “freedom of speech, freedom of [the] press, freedom of religion” while mercilessly heckling ESPN’s Ed Werder, who was attempting to file a report from Dallas Cowboys headquarters at Valley Ranch.

Making the incident even more intriguing to us was the profane reaction of the ESPN producer, identified to us via a source as “Sean.”

“Sean” used the “F” word by our count at least nine times toward Cowboy Chris.

We contacted ESPN for a response to the incident, and here’s what spokesman Josh Krulewitz had to say: “Someone was yelling at our crew, preventing them from doing their job. The producer used language that was over the line and we have addressed that with him.”

In our view, just as troubling than the language was the condescending attitude that the producer displayed toward a guy who falls smack dab in the middle of ESPN’s prime demographic for its various products and platforms. People like Cowboy Chris are ESPN’s best customers, because they constantly are searching for information about their favorite teams, and they’re relying on ESPN’s television, print, and broadcast programming to get it.

So when “Sean” repeatedly tells Cowboy Chris to “get a f–king life” for doing that which true fans (short for “fanatics”) do, “Sean” is basically projecting a sense that, in his capacity as an ESPN producer, he regards true fans as losers.

Here’s the reality, “Sean,” without Cowboy Chris and thousands more like him, “I work for ESPN” would be a far less effective pick-up line.

And, based on your YouTube debut, it looks like you need all the help you can get.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Chris is a cowboyszone legend! Cowboy Chris has my vote for the cowboyszone hall of fame.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Damn Florio.

Nice take

That really is the story. Imagine if you were caught on video cussing someone and saying I work for .....

Most companies have HR policies that call for immediatte termination forr behavior casting an employer in a negative light.

This is 10oX more of a story than TO/Witten/Werder