PFT picks up on Werder heckling video... ESPN response Post #18/Producer warned

monkey

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2498836 said:
I was telling Cowboy Chris exactly what Florio is saying in his report in regards to how the ESPN rep handled things and he's going to get canned as soon as this gets out and it will. It's hillarious how everyone shares the same sentiment about how the security guard was amused himself and was actually on Chris' side. Florio found out about the video because guys were blogging on his website about this. Just awesome how quickly the information gets out.

Isn't it though? This day and age, you just never know how someone's stupidity will be captured for all time with cell phone videos and places like youtube.

I think it is great that it provides a measure of accountability that hasn't been there in the past.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
YoMick;2497317 said:
He said NOTHING that would have been inappropriate in front of children. Nothing!

I was referring to the last time he was featured in a film clip here.

Plenty of kids where there and he was yelling like a crazed man. It would be unsettling to anyone, especially kids.
Parents and their kids were waiting for players/coaches and there he was, being the center of attracshun and LOUD.

Uh, you wouldn't be Cowboy Chris, would you . . . .?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Companies that large have a policy to follow regarding terminating employment. The written reprimand personally delivered by a VP is a serious thing to have in your record. More than likely he will get no other warnings. Next time he's likely gone. He won't do that again.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2497299 said:
On one hand, CC takes it to the extreme. Though this time no kids were in sight.

On the other, it is his right.

GimmeTheBall!;2499796 said:
I was referring to the last time he was featured in a film clip here.

Plenty of kids where there and he was yelling like a crazed man. It would be unsettling to anyone, especially kids.
Parents and their kids were waiting for players/coaches and there he was, being the center of attracshun and LOUD.

Uh, you wouldn't be Cowboy Chris, would you . . . .?

I reposted what you wrote. You were CLEARLY talking about THIS time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
nyc;2499233 said:
Maybe if you own a single convenience store, but if not if your a huge public facing company. CBS didn't Fire Imus for what he said, he fired him because of the public blacklash. CBS is a large public facing company and their image is extremely important. ESPN is in the same boat. Mark my words, if this hits the television news, this guy is toast.

...you wont see it on ESPN! :laugh2:

Well, seeing how most Cowboys fans here don't watch BSPN, what difference would public backlash make from ESPN's non-viewers anyway?

Kind of like one of those "If a tree falls in the forest but no one is around, does it make a sound?"

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is so hilarious that this guy heckling Ed Werder has taken on this big of a story where DMN and ESPN and others are picking up the story and talking about it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
YoMick;2499889 said:
I reposted what you wrote. You were CLEARLY talking about THIS time.

Yeah, this time there were no kids present. No kids like the last time.

Again, are you Cowboy Chris?:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2500238 said:
Yeah, this time there were no kids present. No kids like the last time.

Again, are you Cowboy Chris?:D

Again "on one hand CC takes it(this time) to an extreme"

there was nothing extreme about what he did... he was very respectful as a matter of fact.

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2497124 said:
Being an *** hole shouldn't get someone fired.

Belive it or not, I actually agree...glad we are still having fun with this gang, but aren't my 15 minutes done yet...

Just hold the media accountable. They are not trying to report, rather instigate. That is not what a media should do...

this is not Watergate...it is not that important...report your sources...more importantly, if you are not willing to be mentioned in an article. Shut your mouth!

Dodger12

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2500404 said:
Belive it or not, I actually agree...glad we are still having fun with this gang, but aren't my 15 minutes done yet...

Just hold the media accountable. They are not trying to report, rather instigate. That is not what a media should do...

this is not Watergate...it is not that important...report your sources...more importantly, if you are not willing to be mentioned in an article. Shut your mouth!

I can see where you're coming from with the whole TO vs Werder debacle but I have to disagree with how you're going about doing it. Werder's been covering the Cowboys and the NFL since 1989. I don't think Werder has a record of poor reporting or credibilty issues or he wouldn't have worked his way to the top of his field working for the premier sports network in the world. I didn't hear complaints when he covered the Jerry vs Jimmy break up or the Parcells vs TO drama. This drama was verified by Brian Brodus in a recent interview on GAC.

The reality is that we as fans want to know and since we're not in the loop, reputable reporters are our only option. Werder reported on a meeting that happened; Garrett said it happened, Ray Sherman said it happened and Wade said it happened. TO might not like the fact that it leaked but Werder was doing his job reporting news to us fans. Couple that witht he fact that TO has had issues with every other team he's played for and just about every other QB that has thrown passes to him, we read between the lines and TO got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

If your goal was to have reporters reveal their sources, that's naive because it's never going to happen and deep down iside, we as fans don't want it to happen because we crave news about our team. People report rumors here, including the RWII trade (Hos), and have refused to reveal their sources even when pressed. Look at the credibility and history of those reporting the rumor and make your own judgement as to it's value. If you believe that Werder isn't credible because that's his history, then have at it, although I think you'd be hard pressed to find instances where Werder purposely reported bad information. If you're upset because the message sheds a perceived negative light on a Cowboys player, then your off the mark with your criticism. Just my opinion and not ment to offend.

WarC

Reaction score
nyc;2495386 said:
Oscar%2Baward.jpg

This guy is awesome...This vid is gold, and his vid yelling at the coaches is gold....Completely awesome.

DuaneThomas71

Benched
Reaction score
Dodger12;2500517 said:
I can see where you're coming from with the whole TO vs Werder debacle but I have to disagree with how you're going about doing it. Werder's been covering the Cowboys and the NFL since 1989. I don't think Werder has a record of poor reporting or credibilty issues or he wouldn't have worked his way to the top of his field working for the premier sports network in the world. I didn't hear complaints when he covered the Jerry vs Jimmy break up or the Parcells vs TO drama. This drama was verified by Brian Brodus in a recent interview on GAC.

The reality is that we as fans want to know and since we're not in the loop, reputable reporters are our only option. Werder reported on a meeting that happened; Garrett said it happened, Ray Sherman said it happened and Wade said it happened. TO might not like the fact that it leaked but Werder was doing his job reporting news to us fans. Couple that witht he fact that TO has had issues with every other team he's played for and just about every other QB that has thrown passes to him, we read between the lines and TO got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

If your goal was to have reporters reveal their sources, that's naive because it's never going to happen and deep down iside, we as fans don't want it to happen because we crave news about our team. People report rumors here, including the RWII trade (Hos), and have refused to reveal their sources even when pressed. Look at the credibility and history of those reporting the rumor and make your own judgement as to it's value. If you believe that Werder isn't credible because that's his history, then have at it, although I think you'd be hard pressed to find instances where Werder purposely reported bad information. If you're upset because the message sheds a perceived negative light on a Cowboys player, then your off the mark with your criticism. Just my opinion and not ment to offend.

Werder was not the one who reported the meeting, and the "Owens/Parcells drama" was a perfect example of ESPN manufacturing something that wasn't there.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2500404 said:

The whole Werder thing is about scale. Werder intentionally takes a very minor incident and tries to blow it up into a full scale controversy. TO wants the ball more isn't news. But when you go around to everyone in the locker room and play the the off the record, who is right? TO, Witten or Romo game, you are stirring up a hornet's nest to try and create a story.

And imagine if ESPN caught Pacman acting the way Sean the producer did on camera. Isn't that what he got suspended for, a verbal altercation in public. ESPN is beyond ridiculous when it comes to covering the Cowboys and the Yankees.