News: PFT: Randy Gregory ready to apply for reinstatement

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hopefully he has his head on straight now. But the real question is, what kind of football shape is he in now? No harm in taking a look, but I have a bad feeling about it.

Good question....it's going to take while getting him in NFL FOOTBALL shape. Look for FO to be patience ......

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We do not know the team truly thinks that way.
Consider the source of the article. Also what one of the Jones says is not always entirely true.

That’s why I said if. We don’t know but it’s not unrealistic to think the team already knows it can never trust him enough to cut other good young players to give him a roster spot. I’m not saying that’s how they feel right now just that it’s pointless if they do.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Hopefully he has his head on straight now. But the real question is, what kind of football shape is he in now? No harm in taking a look, but I have a bad feeling about it.
Considering the frustration he has endowed and the fact that he prob loves to dances I figured Kevin Bacon shape
http://i1070.***BLOCKED***/albums/u483/tchristie021/E318418C-D6EA-4053-BCAF-595C89B3549D_zpsx5rjy76u.gif

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Why? It cost us nothing to see if he help.......
Quite frankly, if it comes down to him and another guy that is on the up & up for that last roster spot (all other things being equal), I'm going with the other guy. Nice story. Heartfelt. But can't trust him.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Which is interesting because if Gregory gets reinstated it means he followed the NFL guidelines but not Dallas Cowboys guidelines?

No it just might mean they don’t trust him enough to cut a good young player to keep him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be freaking amazing if Gregory has decided that playing football is more important than smoking weed. Amazing for the fans, amazing for the team and maybe a little amazing for him. Yes, football careers are short lived and really not that important but he can use it as a stepping stone the rest of his life. One success leads to another . Smoking weed, although mellowing, isn't much of a stepping stone. Which lifestyle do you want Randy? depends on you man
It would be incredible. Kinda like winning the lottery. Same odds perhaps?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s why I said if. We don’t know but it’s not unrealistic to think the team already knows it can never trust him enough to cut other good young players to give him a roster spot. I’m not saying that’s how they feel right now just that it’s pointless if they do.

There are 90 roster spots going into TC, he would already be better than at least 40 of them. Let him earn his spot and beat out the other 7 to be on the 53. I believe he would be better than the 53rd guy.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Let's get the decision now that way we know if we need to draft another DE high.

I already know what you negative nancies will say..... Gregory hasn't played in over a year.... He can't be trusted..... Blah blah blah

I'm not saying don't draft one at all just not in the top 3 rounds..... Unless great value is there.

If Gregory isn't allowed back then DE might be a position we need to draft higher.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
There are 90 roster spots going into TC, he would already be better than at least 40 of them. Let him earn his spot and beat out the other 7 to be on the 53. I believe he would be better than the 53rd guy.

You are missing my point. Yeah, he might be better but can you trust him enough to keep him over another good young player that you also would like to keep. That’s my point.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are missing my point. Yeah, he might be better but can you trust him enough to keep him over another good young player that you also would like to keep. That’s my point.

How can you trust the player you keep over him. :lmao2:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

It would be incredible. Kinda like winning the lottery. Same odds perhaps?

We only have the fan perspective unfortunately but from the human perspective I think it would be best for him too. I've seen kids live from pay check to pay check to buy weed. It takes precedence over everything else. No it's not addictive but the life style is. Laying around, being lazy is a good lifestyle, smokin bud with the buds until you realize the buds are buds because of the bud. Then ya go hmmmm, my buds aren't really my buds, I'm out of green to buy the green and my buds are here because of the green and the bud. I suppose it's the same for football but eventually we learn who our friends really are right

Pants

Reaction score
Can't hurt to take look-see, what if he comes back on fire and smokes the league?

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Hope he's reinstated. He's not a bad person, just misguided.

It's not like the guy was Lawrence Taylor with his nose buried in an ounce of high grade coke. The dude liked the weed ... yeah, it's illegal, in most places.

JDSmith

Reaction score

Unless we suddenly have the most talented roster in the history of the NFL I'm not sure why they couldn't make space for him. One of those guys who routinely get churned is who he'd be replacing.

conner01

Reaction score
Good question....it's going to take while getting him in NFL FOOTBALL shape. Look for FO to be patience ......
That shouldn’t be an issue
By the end of camp he should be in plenty good shape for a role in the rotation
It’s not like he’s gonna be an every down player