News: PFT: Report: Cowboys getting calls about Darren McFadden

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
so looks like he cant fully extend his arm.

"The Dallas Morning News' Brandon George noted that "McFadden said he can't straighten his right arm all the way yet. Said it's "up in the air' if he'll ever be able to extend it all way."

Bleacher Report

CowboyChris

Reaction score
It's a nice fantasy you have.
Now for reality. Mcafadden isn't ready to come back today so this is the only reason Darius Jackson is still on the roster. Jackson will be inactive for the first 6 games. When McFadden is ready to come back Darius will most likely be released and signed to the practice squad.

McFaddens injury is the reason Darius is still a cowboy. If McFadden was healthy he would be the 3rd back.
I'm going to disagree with you on this, I think the team took advantage of his injury and placed him on NFI as an insurance policy in case something were to happen to Zeke or Morris. I'm not sure how long we can keep him on NFI till we are forced to make a decision, but i doubt they are going release Jackson to put DMac back on the roster, in reality Dunbar would be hurt by then anyways.

superonyx

Reaction score
He didn't trade a 2nd or 3rd which we already had. Believe what you want but it says it in the article you posted. They didn't need to trade down to get Lynch, if jerry really wanted him we had plenty to get Lynch. So take that some where else I'm done talking

He didn't want to give up a pick and be left without 1. If he didn't value Zeke he would have traded down, picked up the extra 2nd or 3rd rounder which he intended to then package to move up to draft Lynch. He didn't overpay for Lynch because we didn't have the extra pick we would have gotten from moving down.
It's not disputable.

Sorry but it is what it is..

Anything else?

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Unless all they can get is a conditional 7th and their plan is to keep him on NFI as insurance, then I don't agree with this. It would pretty dumb to keep him over any of their other RBs.

They pretty much have decided the threer active rb's are better than he is, or they wouldn't have kept 2 fb's. It's obvious they expect teams to blitz
Dak like mad, and , the full backs are better blockers. Also, I expect to see Morris on a lot of screen passes.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

So even if we were getting calls, I think they will suddenly stop now.

It's really not a big deal. A lot of people that break or dislocate their elbows never get back 100% of their ROM. It wouldn't really have an effect on him carrying a football.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's really not a big deal. A lot of people that break or dislocate their elbows never get back 100% of their ROM. It wouldn't really have an effect on him carrying a football.
Very typical. Happened to me. I can't.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score

it does limit catching the ball. the pass has to be on point , or else he isnt reaching for it. either way i dont see a spot for him on the team.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yes, but for him to say that does not speak well. Just seemed like an odd thing to say, almost as if it is a concern for him.

McFadden typically carries the football with his left arm. This lack of flexibility could be an issue extending the right arm, for balance and say throwing a stiff arm for example.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Very typical. Happened to me. I can't.

I have seen many of them through a lifetime watching high school and college wrestling, including my son. With surgery and insertion of a screw to stabilize a fracture, he went through extensive rehab but never got full ROM. He did regain full flexion but extension was a few degrees short. His was better than several that had lesser dislocations. You have to be very committed to your rehab or you have almost no chance. Nonetheless he was able to return to wrestling and it never caused him any problems. Same with most of the rest of the kids I was around.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I don't know the specifics in regard to McFadden, but you can be talking about a few degrees....that really wouldn't change anything. THe only time it could play a factor would be extending for a catch....you might be short an inch or two at full extension at most. It might be something that would affect him on about 1 or 2% of the passes he has to catch in a season. Stick your arm straight out....that is 180 degrees. Move it up 10 degrees....it really isn't that much difference from full extension.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What is interesting about the NFI list is that Dallas doesn't have to pay him. I haven't heard either way if they are or aren't, but if they aren't, I would imagine he would be quite pissed because he says he feels like he is ready to go. It's funny because at one point he says he can't extend it all the way and then in another sentence says he has full range of motion.

They have have levels to the range of motion and I am sure one of the doctors that posts on here could comment, but there is a point you reach when you have functional ROM, meaning you basically can do pretty much anything you normally would be able to even though you might not be at 100%. A lot of people will leave treatment before being at 100%, and for some that are less than 100% it is sometimes due to a scar adhesion which may release later.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...en-says-fully-extend-right-arm-sure-ever-able

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article100070902.html

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Way overstated.
Only if you know the degree of limitation.

I just get a kick out of the armchair medical analyses around here. They sound about as rosey as the wrong ones this team cranks out on a regular basis.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Only if you know the degree of limitation.

I just get a kick out of the armchair medical analyses around here. They sound about as rosey as the wrong ones this team cranks out on a regular basis.

As I get a kick out of the armchair medical analyses that try to turn every injury into a career ender.