News: PFT: Report: Jason Garrett has been campaigning to remain the Cowboys coach

Verdict

Reaction score
Man, you guys amaze me. I realize Garrett may be gone, but you guys act like there is no chance that Jerry keeps Red Ball around. I just don’t see it that way.

I realize 90 percent of the fan base wants to see Garrett go, but Jerry doesn’t have to do what the masses want.

ghst187

Reaction score
I prefer to see JG in Siberia or as far away from the team as possible

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Man, you guys amaze me. I realize Garrett may be gone, but you guys act like there is no chance that Jerry keeps Red Ball around. I just don’t see it that way.

I realize 90 percent of the fan base wants to see Garrett go, but Jerry doesn’t have to do what the masses want.
You amaze me.
Keeping JG around in what capacity?
GM? HAH! No.
OC?
No.
Scout? Lol...

Something in player acquisition?
McClay might bounce.

So where?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’d say keeping him around while interviewing experienced coaches, including a SB winner, gives Jerry a chance to make real comparisons between Garrett, who wants control of the team, and other coaches who rightfully want to control their team. Ultimately, Jerry can say he did exhaustive interviews with NFL coaches and made an informed decision.

garyo1954

Reaction score
You amaze me.
Keeping JG around in what capacity?
GM? HAH! No.
OC?
No.
Scout? Lol...

Something in player acquisition?
McClay might bounce.

So where?

How about Vice President Liasion Officer in Charge of Relaying Jer-Jer Messages to the Team and Official Clapper?

garyv

Reaction score
I agree it’s too early to tell but none of this makes sense. I’m afraid Garrett has talked Jerry into something and they are first trying to see if they can make it happen. These aren’t the type of coaches we expected. These would be more like a vastly experienced staff under Garrett which is what I fear could be the plan now.
Thanks for playing

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score

He can't say basically "deep run or bust", have him fail miserably with a healthy roster, and still sell this failure to the fanbase. You would have so much indifference in the team, by fans and media

plymkr

Reaction score
Report: Jason Garrett "has been campaigning" to remain the Cowboys coach

gettyimages-1195735706-e1578152768772.jpg

So what has been going on during the "run out the clock" meetings between the Cowboys and coach Jason Garrett? From Garrett's perspective, the goal is to keep his job. Ed Werder o...

Read Full Story
if he wants to go to the Giants and the Giants want to hire him then by all means let's do this. Next year our DC would know exactly how to game plan against him and everyone who's watched the Cowboys the last 10 years know that Garrett doesn't adjust his gameplans.

Let it happen Jerry, this would help us with the division. I wish he could go to the Eagles because they are a stronger team then the Giants and Garrett would ruin Wentz career like he did Romo's and Dak's.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Jer-Jer would prefer:

Jerry Jones Director Of Offensive Football United States....Jerry Jones DOOFUS for short

Big_D

Reaction score
Man you think Jerry might change and he doesn’t. This situation is embarrassing!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

I would agree but there are some media people who have been 100% he’s gone without waiver..like a right source...and I’m not sure why you’d interview people. It is very bizarre but I think the backlash would be worse if they said they were keeping him now. I mean both Stephen snd Jerry said they needed a next step

CB61

Reaction score
if he wants to go to the Giants and the Giants want to hire him then by all means let's do this. Next year our DC would know exactly how to game plan against him and everyone who's watched the Cowboys the last 10 years know that Garrett doesn't adjust his gameplans.

Let it happen Jerry, this would help us with the division. I wish he could go to the Eagles because they are a stronger team then the Giants and Garrett would ruin Wentz career like he did Romo's and Dak's.
Prescott still has a chance

Cmac

Reaction score
Campaigning can easily turn into begging...….C'mon JG, don't go out like that.