News: PFT: Report: Jason Garrett has been campaigning to remain the Cowboys coach

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would agree but there are some media people who have been 100% he’s gone without waiver..like a right source...and I’m not sure why you’d interview people. It is very bizarre but I think the backlash would be worse if they said they were keeping him now. I mean both Stephen snd Jerry said they needed a next step

Makes one embarrassed to be a fan of a team that conducts business like this.
:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Live view from inside the Star:

tenor.gif

Big_D

Reaction score
If you would have told me right after the Commanders game that 1 week later we would not know the status of Carrot, I would have said you’re nuts. Yet, here we are.

So true. Even with Jerry running the show, you didn’t see this coming. It’s sad because he already answered the question on accountability and change. Just more of the same!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Makes one embarrassed to be a fan of a team that conducts business like this.
:facepalm:

I’m kind of stunned. I was on vacation 28th-2nd and just assumed after Eagles win that when I got back I’d have time to get on here and talk new coaches without JG around. It’s beyond bizarre what they are doing. Only thing that hit me today was maybe they told JG he was done but would let contract run out and during the week they just game planned who to bring in. But wouldn’t you announce that? Did they build a fort and go over names together? It’s ludicrous

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m kind of stunned. I was on vacation 28th-2nd and just assumed after Eagles win that when I got back I’d have time to get on here and talk new coaches without JG around. It’s beyond bizarre what they are doing. Only thing that hit me today was maybe they told JG he was done but would let contract run out and during the week they just game planned who to bring in. But wouldn’t you announce that? Did they build a fort and go over names together? It’s ludicrous

And what's the point of Garrett twisting in the wind while other guys are interviewing? How does this nonsense help anybody?

Big_D

Reaction score

how does it show Garrett any respect? This just makes him look like an even bigger weasel.

Last edited:

Miller

Reaction score
And what's the point of Garrett twisting in the wind while other guys are interviewing? How does this nonsense help anybody?

No idea! I’m as stuck as anyone. What I threw out was all I could think was going through their mind. They stifled Romo and Dez from moving on early enough so I think they are just petty putzes...I’d use other language

garyo1954

Reaction score

Never underestimate Jerry's ability to do the ludicrous, unthinkable, off-the-wall, and surprising! He's like one of those people who eat pineapple and anchovie pizza! Remember Thanksgiving day......

“I’m going to do the same thing I’ve always done when I get a setback or get my butt kicked,” Jones said. “I’m going to get up in the morning and I’m going to look for ways [to help], and I’m not going to panic. I’m going to look for ways to improve the situation. ... One of them is not a coaching change.

“I’m just not going to make a coaching change.”

His appearance on The Fan.....

"Jason Garrett's a good coach, let's start right there," Jones said. "He's one of the smartest coaches and one of the hardest-working coaches ... He knows this team better than anybody. When I, this year, decided to go with a younger makeup of the coaching staff -- I decided that -- I felt strongly that we could go and do that ... (and) he could be the safety net ... So I'm glad to have him. He is the guy for the job."

"In my opinion, Jason Garrett will be coaching in the NFL next year."

There are plenty of articles speculating that Jason is out, but I can't find a single one where Jerry has stated with no take backs that he's moving on.
Like always Jerry is working on his own timetable.

Miller

Reaction score
Never underestimate Jerry's ability to do the ludicrous, unthinkable, off-the-wall, and surprising! He's like one of those people who eat pineapple and anchovie pizza! Remember Thanksgiving day......

“I’m going to do the same thing I’ve always done when I get a setback or get my butt kicked,” Jones said. “I’m going to get up in the morning and I’m going to look for ways [to help], and I’m not going to panic. I’m going to look for ways to improve the situation. ... One of them is not a coaching change.

“I’m just not going to make a coaching change.”

His appearance on The Fan.....

"Jason Garrett's a good coach, let's start right there," Jones said. "He's one of the smartest coaches and one of the hardest-working coaches ... He knows this team better than anybody. When I, this year, decided to go with a younger makeup of the coaching staff -- I decided that -- I felt strongly that we could go and do that ... (and) he could be the safety net ... So I'm glad to have him. He is the guy for the job."

"In my opinion, Jason Garrett will be coaching in the NFL next year."

There are plenty of articles speculating that Jason is out, but I can't find a single one where Jerry has stated with no take backs that he's moving on.
Like always Jerry is working on his own timetable.

The “coaching in the NFL next year” to me could be anything and I didn’t take it as an endorsement. Stephen stated we needed to take the next step. That would be NFCCG. I’m not sure how Jerry can sell no playoffs. I know he’s insane enough to do it but I think it’s foolish

MikeT22

Reaction score

This is why nothing will really change. Jerry wasn't satisfied winning SB's being the owner and GM rubberstamping Jimmy's decisions. Jerry wants to be the owner, GM and make decisions that should belong to the HC while not being overshadowed by the HC.

Jerry isn't looking for a real HC. He just wants another puppet who is willing to let Jerry pull the strings. It's unbelievable how Jerry is far more concerned with being in control and having his hands involved in every aspect than he is in actually trying to win.

garyo1954

Reaction score
The “coaching in the NFL next year” to me could be anything and I didn’t take it as an endorsement. Stephen stated we needed to take the next step. That would be NFCCG. I’m not sure how Jerry can sell no playoffs. I know he’s insane enough to do it but I think it’s foolish

It could be. Any normal person would think he's gone from that statement.

But we're dealing with Jerry!

Jerry hasn't said, "Jason is fired," or "We will not be renewing Jason's contract."

Jason hasn't announced,. "I'm leaving the Cowboys at the end of this contract," or "The Cowboys will not be renewing my contract."

Why? Something must be in the works, is the best guess.

But there is nothing preventing Jerry from interviewing as many people as he wants, before announcing an extension. If he decides to retain Garrett he simply says, "I was testing the water and came to the conclusion there is no one more qualified to lead the Dallas Cowboys."

Or he is/has a new hat for Jason and does bring in a new Head Coach.

In any case, if Jason is gone/out, there is no reason to not announce "Jason is out/gone."

nobody

Reaction score
It's simple. Hand Garrett a recording of the 12/22/19 game. Say "Practice squad players beat you when it mattered most. The door is that way. Goodbye."