News: PFT: Report: NFL likely to review incident involving Ezekiel Elliott

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I just don't think the video was that big of deal. He was respectful to the cops. For being cuffed for doing nothing he was very calm.
It was a bunch of nothing but Zeke still has to know that he's in public and no matter what he does The NFL will hammer him. He has to be smarter.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry has gone the Kraft route, ya think prosecutors would have dropped it? Plus, FS1 and ESPN would STILL be doing long segments on the “outrage” had it been Jerry.
Which of the two men seeks publicity like a starlet? Which had photos of him with strippers in an extortion attempt? Which of the two men tries to use the media in an attempt to increase coverage of not only his team but himself? ES, I can't compare the two men and can't actually compare any sports team owner in history to Booger and his spotlight addiction.

These are the two highest profile teams in the NFL, for completely different reasons, and Kraft got a hell of a lot more coverage on this "no harm, no foul", hell, the man isn't even married, than Irsay did getting caught driving under the influence of cocaine.

If this had happened to Booger, there is little doubt the media wouldn't hammer this into the ground as I thought they went a little overboard on his strippergate but isn't he the one seeking the publicity? Can't have to both ways, he gets into bed with the media, it's for better or worse. And has any team in any sport brought more off field attention to themselves than the Dallas Cowboys? And this goes back a long time to Hayes, Rentzel and Septien. The Dallas Cowboys are professional sports closest thing to a reality show.

aria

Reaction score
True. I get your point, and I agree. Mostly. But if I have to accept all the screaming and crying and hate from the avalanche of jealous morons out there, it’s only justice that they get return volleys, right?

If my choice is either advocate for Dallas fans, or advocate for Dallashaters, in most cases I’d go with the former.
Fair enough, as much as I love the Cowboys I just can’t stand the excuse making, cry baby mentality (not talking about you). So I tend to go with the latter but I understand your stance and respect it even if we disagree on future topics ;)

aria

Reaction score
Which of the two men seeks publicity like a starlet? Which had photos of him with strippers in an extortion attempt? Which of the two men tries to use the media in an attempt to increase coverage of not only his team but himself? ES, I can't compare the two men and can't actually compare any sports team owner in history to Booger and his spotlight addiction.

These are the two highest profile teams in the NFL, for completely different reasons, and Kraft got a hell of a lot more coverage on this "no harm, no foul", hell, the man isn't even married, than Irsay did getting caught driving under the influence of cocaine.

If this had happened to Booger, there is little doubt the media wouldn't hammer this into the ground as I thought they went a little overboard on his strippergate but isn't he the one seeking the publicity? Can't have to both ways, he gets into bed with the media, it's for better or worse. And has any team in any sport brought more off field attention to themselves than the Dallas Cowboys? And this goes back a long time to Hayes, Rentzel and Septien. The Dallas Cowboys are professional sports closest thing to a reality show.

I wish we could make a permanent sticky of this post.
:hammer:

ESisback

Reaction score

Pard, ya made me chuckle. Thanks. I see you’re still using “Booger”. Think that dude’s still fuming?

reddyuta

Reaction score
he is already under their watch,I expect a minimum of 2 games.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Pollard and Weber. Who knows, if this escalated, could they pick up a FA for insurance?
Well, it's not like they don't know what their QB and team look like without their RB1.

What would be justice, if he is suspended, would be for them to win most of those games without him and remove this "they can't win without Elliott" hanging over the team and prompting a big contract extension. Might just send a message to him as well because he doesn't seem to be receiving and acknowledging the ones beginning with Daddy moving to town to try and keep him out of trouble. That one was a new one for me.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Wrong. The DJ incident was part of the reason Zeke got the 6 game suspension in 2017.

So, once again, what "much more"?

That was 1 incident in which the girl wanted and approved of his action, which was used to contribute to his 6 game suspension in 2017. What "much more"?
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sy...pended-6-games-for-domestic-violence.amp.html
"The NFL letter also says it won't consider a St. Patrick's Day incidentin which Elliott pulled down a woman's shirt, exposing her, but called it "inappropriate and disturbing," according to La Canfora."

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...ff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp
"In March of this year, Elliott was seen in videos and photos pulling down a woman's shirt and exposing her breast on the roof of a Dallas bar during a St. Patrick's Day parade. Last month, Elliott was involved in an incident at another Dallas barthat initially sparked an assault investigation before police suspended their probe. That incident, however, was never part of the NFL's completed probe, a source with knowledge of the investigation told Rapoport and Pelissero."

Rayman70

Reaction score
if he don't get it yet, he never will. Stupid is as stupid does. On the field he is a beast. Off the field, apparently a mental midget. Its sad too. He could be so much more in life if he would just grow up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pard, ya made me chuckle. Thanks. I see you’re still using “Booger”. Think that dude’s still fuming?
Yep, some don't like that over here but I actually had one poster tell me that was a little light for ole Boogs. He thought that was a little too kind as the nickname Booger is not an uncommon one in the South, I grew up with two that had that nickname.

ES, I think if I actually met the man, I might let it slip if I conversed with him long enough because I've been calling him that for so long. And posters should get it, I do not do that out of malice as I did the previous one. I just think a billionaire opening his palace on national TV and doing that on his own Boogertron was a no brainer. Honestly, I was surprised everybody wasn't calling him that, especially after the outcome of the game to christen the Big Top.

I heard this was on the wall in the visitor's locker room. "Booger, thanks for the hospitality, really enjoyed my stay.....Eli".

baltcowboy

Reaction score
“What in god’s holy name are you blathering about”?

Proof? What proof are you talking about? You quoted my reference to Jerry in the restroom with his pants undone and Josh Brent. If you need proof of Josh Brent killing his friend/teammate while driving drunk then google it. Proof of Jerry, you mean this guy?

X4CKlgJ.jpg

J2jtT1v.jpg
What did Charlotte say about it?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. I get your point, and I agree. Mostly. But if I have to accept all the screaming and crying and hate from the avalanche of jealous morons out there, it’s only justice that they get return volleys, right?

If my choice is either advocate for Dallas fans, or advocate for Dallashaters, in most cases I’d go with the former.
There is a certain "attitude" with fans In enemy territory that I would not have appreciation for had I not lived in PA during BuddyBall. Easy being a fan in Texas or even in LA or ID but as strong as the love is for the Cowboys, that's as strong the hate is in those areas and it can manifest itself into physical confrontation. That who's your second favorite team? Anyone playing the Cowboys probably originated there because that's been strong for as long as I can remember.

If I haven't said it here, I did there. I really appreciate the battles you Cowboys fans in PA, NY, and the Skins territory endure and I think you're special. Just as I had a NYG neighbor that proudly flew his colors on game day but there was a difference, he was from NY. Some of those fans in enemy territory I've encountered have never even been to a home game yet they're as staunch as any season ticket holder.