News: PFT: Scandrick out for season with torn ACL and MCL

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/report-scandrick-out-for-season-with-torn-acl/

Cornerback Orlando Scandrick was carted off the practice field Tuesday, and Pro Football Talk has confirmed that one of Cowboys’ top defenders is done for the season with a torn ACL.

Mike Garofolo of FOX Sports was first to report it. Tuesday night, Cowboys secondary coach Jerome Henderson told reporters that Scandrick told him he knew he had torn his ACL.

The non-contact injury came after Scandrick had two interceptions in practice.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Huge loss,the division games became that much tougher especially the giants.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
Sucks to lose him but at the same time it happens, just lucky it wasn't Romo or Dez or Lee. I have confidence in our CB depth and pass rush that we will be okay. Here's hoping to no more catastrophic injuries.

popp1234

Reaction score
Sucks to lose him but at the same time it happens, just lucky it wasn't Romo or Dez or Lee. I have confidence in our CB depth and pass rush that we will be okay. Here's hoping to no more catastrophic injuries.

This is the way I look at it too. I like Scandrick and this loss hurts. However, I feel worse for him than the team, because I think the team will carry on.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
So now PFT confirms ACL tears via players stating, "It's my ACL, I know it." I'm paraphrasing of course, but it's extremely misleading by them to do something like this when it is NOT confirmed yet. More likely to be an MCL tear.

mldardy

Reaction score
I'll wait for something more official than PFT. It is looking like an ACL but give me something better than PFT.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
At 10:05 CST ESPN reported that Scandrick was still getting the MRI. The report from PFT was from around 8:30 PM. I think they're reporting what was said by Scandrick himself, before a definitive diagnosis has been made.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Been saying for years . Improve that pass rush and it'll do wonders for our secondary . It's time for them to show you guys its true. With or without Oscan.

popp1234

Reaction score
And his injury makes us a stronger team right? That's what you suggested in the other thread.

Did I stutter? Did you read my response to you? I said not necessarily better (that remains to be seen). I said stronger, meaning (mentally able to withstand pressure, stress, setbacks, etc). Like losing your battle buddy, but still having to carry on with the mission and task at hand.

Last edited: