PFT: Suh wanna keep playing (Bucs not interested)

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dontari Poe Gerald McCoy ….let’s stop the music .

Watkins , the 3rd rounder out of UCLA OSA , Ridgeway from WWE , Gallimore …Trysten Hill I won’t mention but I just did ….if Chicago is getting a divorce from Robert Quinn and edge play then yes let’s get involved Jones and son but Suh meh

when I think of Suh I see penalty flags flying ….

someone was asking about Will Hernandez the Giants OLinemen after last season . Same coin different side of the ball other teams discards let’s see if Jerry will bite .

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This alone would prevent Suh from signing here.
We have Ridgeway, so what do we need Suh for? Fans are just wowed by big name guys. So why pay a guy 8 million for one year, when we have a guy similar to him on our roster already? Would a 35 year old Suh be better than Ridgeway anyway? I doubt it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cue the Mike Fisher Fluff article/vid "exclusive exclusive" on the "honest offer" and "due diligence" ...Mike is an old hat. Cant stand him anymore.

quickccc

Reaction score
OK, I'm convinced. Bring in Suh and Robert Quinn and call it a day.

2020 - 2021

yeh, " Highlights" ... or full game All-22 session ?

Any highlight reel is gonna show all pluses- and no low points.
As i've always said It's a reason why they are called "highlights" ...

quickccc

Reaction score
We have Ridgeway, so what do we need Suh for? Fans are just wowed by big name guys. So why pay a guy 8 million for one year, when we have a guy similar to him on our roster already? Would a 35 year old Suh be better than Ridgeway anyway? I doubt it.

what has Ridgeway done in the NFL ?

quickccc

Reaction score

Watkins , the 3rd rounder out of UCLA OSA , Ridgeway from WWE , Gallimore …Trysten Hill I won’t mention but I just did ….if Chicago is getting a divorce from Robert Quinn and edge play then yes let’s get involved Jones and son but Suh meh

someone was asking about Will Hernandez the Giants OLinemen after last season . Same coin different side of the ball other teams discards let’s see if Jerry will bite .

.the yellow flags and dirty plays were more part of Suh's young Detroit Lion days ...i don't hear near about dirty plays from Suh with the Bucs.

A previous poster talks about Suh not being a good run defender, but when Vita was out with a lengthy injury, Suh was still part of a unit that was No.1 or still among the
very best at stopping the run. That was two years ago, .but what about now. ?

At age 35 now, i'd wonder how many plus plays he has/had, ..how many plays he either gets off blocks .or takes plays off,. .how many plays and games he was asked to
Suh is not noted as a pass rusher at this stage and point of his career. - If we were acquiring him, pass rush - that's not what i'd be looking for.

Sydla

Reaction score

So Poe and McCoy didn't work out. What did it cost us? Nothing but some of Jerry's cash.

So because Poe and McCoy didn't work out doesn't mean the Cowboys should then ignore any aging veteran who might come here on a favorable deal.

RonWashington

Reaction score
what has Ridgeway done in the NFL ?

counting the tackles already shipping to Oxnard but before he’s cut can Dallas at least see what they spent a draft pick on before we take on more vets , is there a big hurry to grab Suh ?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, even with all the miles on the tires, he would be the best DT Dallas has put in a uniform since John Randle. My guess is he is going to want too much money. Stephen only signs free agents at the vet minimum.

John813

Reaction score
Would be smart to at least kick the tires. But I thin there's still a market for him but teams/Suh will wait till TC gets underway to lock in a deal

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not to sound like Spags (not a fan most of the time), but the Buccs are in a real arms race with the Rams and have a legit chance to win....if Suh was going to take a vet min or whatever and still had use, wouldnt he do it with a TB12 led buccs team?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If Suh wanted to play here for 1 year $6M, I'd put a pen and paper in front of him right now.

1T is the biggest hole on our roster, and he'd be the perfect stopgap vet to fill it. Even a 35 year old Suh is miles better than Carlos Watkins or John Ridgeway.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
On a different topic, this thread title also got me thinking this morning. Will Ndamukong Suh be a Hall of Famer?

He's kind of had a strange career arc. He peaked immediately upon entering the league and has kind of been on a downward trajectory ever since leaving Detroit. But he's never been bad, just not dominant. Are 4 or 5 dominant early seasons and some decent iron-man stat padding enough for Canton?