PFT: Suh wanna keep playing (Bucs not interested)

conner01

Reaction score
Depending on cost, sure, bring him in. People on this board completely overrate the talent we have at DT. So bring in as many DTs as you can, even older ones like Suh, and then them fight it out in camp and pick the 4-5 best.

Banking on Trysten Hill is just foolish.
You don’t want to make a habit of signing a vet and cutting him. Sometimes a guy is just done and it happens but bringing in too many means the young guys you are trying to develop don’t get the reps
I don’t think you bank on hill but you give him a legitimate **** because you have a chance to at least get a late round comp when he leaves next year but if he can, in a contract year, become what his talent says he can become you get an impactful player and a much better comp when he leaves. I’d be hard pressed to gamble on hill long term even if he had a pro bowl season but you get the benefit of that season on the field
Suh can still rush the passer but as a run stopper he’s just not that guy anymore
I’d rather gamble on hill turning it around than gamble of suh being a impact player again not to mention the costs of a Suh

blueblood70

Reaction score
Man, this would be the splash everyone wants.

Highly doubt they pull the trigger here, though.

Wouldn't the cost be too high?
really like 6 sacks in 3 years for the bucs..lol splash you mean at vet cheap deal maybe....the guy is out there because hes on his least legs. Literally.

quickccc

Reaction score
counting the tackles already shipping to Oxnard but before he’s cut can Dallas at least see what they spent a draft pick on before we take on more vets , is there a big hurry to grab Suh ?

... before another NFL team can grab Suh ?... at least you'd already have both Suh, and Ridgeway (assuming he has a successful camp to make the 53 roster)

What you would have to decide is Suh head and shoulder better and immediate upgrade than what you already have in Carlos Watkins, Bohanna and the rookie Ridgeway.

If you sign Suh, then at least two aforementioned players would have to go,.. i just don't see the team carrying more than two 1 techs.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
To me, Quinn isn't really a good fit since we already have Dante Fowler. Players have similar traits.

Quinn did well in a 3-4, 4-3 hybrid in Chicago. Our defense will have a similar look but it'll be big Nickle, so it seems to me that Fowler is more suited for our defense. Wouldn't it be nice if Fowler alone out-sacked Randy Gregory in Denver?

And we get Williams in the draft? That would make my day. If we can match Gregory's production with those two players, it'll make it easier for the WRs to replicate last year's offensive stats, minus Cooper and Wilson.

What are the odds? I know, but it's certainly possible since it seems to be Quinn who pushed for the player who has traits he likes. I can see why he did that. Now I want to see him pull it off.

The primary reason I think we can compete this year is because our defensive front as a whole, and the talent in our secondary. That, and we seemed to have plugged some holes on the offensive line, and added depth, role players.
I'm feeling good going into this season. DT could use some help but the rest of that defense is looking stout. They were a top-10 unit last year with a ton of younger guys playing major roles. Those guys are only going to get better. Crazy what a difference a couple of years makes.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Joh
Well, even with all the miles on the tires, he would be the best DT Dallas has put in a uniform since John Randle. My guess is he is going to want too much money. Stephen only signs free agents at the vet minimum.
John Randle?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, this would be the splash everyone wants.

Highly doubt they pull the trigger here, though.

Wouldn't the cost be too high?

Suh wouldn'r really be that big a splash. This is a 35 year old year old Suh 6 well beyond his best years, not the guy we remember from the low to mid 2010's. Price wouldn't be too terrible high at this point in his career, especially since he would probably only be signed for a year, maybe 2 at most.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he couldn't help the team, just saying that at this point he isn't still the big difference maker that draws a huge salary like he once was.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Can’t hurt to see if he’s a guy that can handle limited snaps in games by signing him now for training camp

RonWashington

Reaction score
Funny how Todd Bowles a defensive side of the ball HC oversees DL free agent signings and high draft picks in that area this offseason but they kick Suh to the curb . Really don’t want 35 yr old linemen looking for the next paycheck taking snaps from the some of the youth we’ve drafted plus free agents we’ve resigned . Gallimore OSA Ridgeway Bohanna Watkins .

Now bring Quinn back to Dallas from his Chicago drama , sure he’s an upgrade a difference maker. Can even teach our 2nd round pick some tricks of the trade. Suh’s best days are rear view mirror material .