Witten: Tastes Great

TO: Less Filling

Witten: ****** I said it Tastes Great

TO: Jason, I said it's Less Filling.......next question

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2487102 said:
so him not throwing to T.O. cost us the game?
Him focusing on Witten when others were open cost us the game.

well he threw to Owens 18 freaking times in the 1st skins game and that cost us the game. so you see it goes both ways. 2 of the 3 interceptions Romo threw were to Owens and one was because he quit on the route. name another time when Witten messed up a route? but this doesn't shock me at all that someone with as little football knowledge as you have would think Owens is right in this situation.
The interception was because Tony threw into double or triple coverage. TO's argument is that he needs to view the entire field and stop forcing the ball to people, in this particular case it was Witten.

Owens "quit" on the route because he didn't think Tony would be stupid enough to throw in his direction with so many defenders around.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Like I said-as much as I HATED the signing 2 years ago, as you all know, I've been a LONG time defender of him.

I'm off the TO bandwagon now.

And yes, these kinds of distractions will hurt teams. When I was living in New Orleans in '01, the Saints were in a similar situation. One minute they went on a 3 game win streak to be 7-5 AND control their own destiny for the final NFC WC, then the next minute they imploded by getting their tails kicked in their final 4 games.

What came out during this time was alot locker room mud...Joe Horn turning teammates against their Pro Bowl LT(Willie Roaf) b/c his wife was a stripper. Ricky Williams alieniating his teammates. Jeff Blake becoming more unhappier b/c he felt like Jim Haslett lied to him and didn't give a fair QB competition in camp.

That was too bad b/c this Saints team was a very talented team(they even ended the Rams' unbeaten streak at midseason), and could have done alot of damage in the playoffs.

I remember that final game against the Niners-by the 2nd half rolled around, the players just quit, and by the time the 4th rolled around, Haslett inserted Blake in for the 1st time, and he(and Ricky Williams) preceded to act out their season-long frustrations by doing nothing. The entire Superdome was booing their tails off.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2487173 said:
Him focusing on Witten when others were open cost us the game.

The interception was because Tony threw into double or triple coverage. TO's argument is that he needs to view the entire field and stop forcing the ball to people, in this particular case it was Witten.

Owens "quit" on the route because he didn't think Tony would be stupid enough to throw in his direction with so many defenders around.
:lmao: you're not supposed to quit on you're route whether you think he's gonna throw it or not. he needs to stop forcing the ball to both of them but mainly Owens. are you gonna follow ME-O when he goes to his next team?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2487205 said:
:lmao: you're not supposed to quit on you're route whether you think he's gonna throw it or not.
I understand that. I wasn't claiming he he should quit. But you can't blame the INT on him quitting. Tony gets 100% blame.

are you gonna follow ME-O when he goes to his next team?
Of course not, but I don't see much chance of him not being here.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2487211 said:
I understand that. I wasn't claiming he he should quit. But you can't blame the INT on him quitting. Tony gets 100% blame.

Of course not, but I don't see much chance of him not being here.
their's a chance that ball doesn't get picked if he finishes his route. I'm not saying it will be completed but their's a chance it wouldn't have been picked off. but didn't you say Romo doesn't need to protect the ball better?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2487222 said:
their's a chance that ball doesn't get picked if he finishes his route. I'm not saying it will be completed but their's a chance it wouldn't have been picked off. but didn't you say Romo doesn't need to protect the ball better?
Yes, he needs to protect the ball better, but not in the sense some people are claiming. There's risk-taking and then there's stupidity. Taking risks is what makes him great, but when there are other players wide open, it's stupidity.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
actually not seeing a wide open Williams in the endzone knitting an entire sweater on the play might have cost us the game.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Biggems;2487278 said:
actually not seeing a wide open Williams in the endzone knitting an entire sweater on the play might have cost us the game.

i understand romo was under pressure but i'm new to this game, i was sat at about midnight watching it on a rubbish online stream and i saw williams wide open.
hopefully in about 27 hours he steps up and buries the cant win a big game thing once and for all

Wrangler87

Reaction score
You know, I could live with some of this TO BS if he wasn't dropping so many passes. At this point, he just is not worth it.

Givincer

Reaction score
theogt;2486818 said:
Maybe. Or maybe not.

Whoever in the locker room is "leaking" this stuff needs to be punished. Or at least made public so he can be shunned by his teammates.

Or cut by his team.

There is not one player on this team that I feel is not expendable, aside from Tony Romo.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Givincer;2487304 said:
Or cut by his team.

There is not one player on this team that I feel is not expendable, aside from Tony Romo.

and Ware.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Givincer;2487304 said:
Or cut by his team.

I wouldn't go that far. If it's Witten, I wouldn't cut him. He would just need to be shamed by his teammates.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
dbair1967;2486758 said:
They got that from FWST, which ran the same story early this a.m.

More importantly, they got this from Mac Engel who ran a story earlier this year about Wade claiming to "get your Super Bowl ring ready" which was later found to be missing huge parts of the real story.

And it's sad to see Hack Engel not even follow proper professional writer protocol by only getting 2 sources. You're supposed to get 3 sources Hack, even I know that.

YAKUZA

Big D

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2486814 said:
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

ethiostar;2486822 said:
Most of the time you'll also find someone blowing hot air on some kindling as well.

I'd bet on this:

steve-o-smoking-pot.jpg

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Good they got issues that need to be resolved and it needs to be aired out. This is not a "non-issue" and they dont need to like each other to play ball

The Panch

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2486879 said:
As I recall Hugh Douglas out of it with bruises on his face. TO didn't. Therefore, in my esteemed opinion, that means TO spanked him.
Yeap. Witten doesnt look like the type of dude who's ever got into a fight in his life.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
what's with WRs trying to fight guys twice their weight?

Irvin tried to fight McIver and now this...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2486818 said:
Maybe. Or maybe not.

Whoever in the locker room is "leaking" this stuff needs to be punished. Or at least made public so he can be shunned by his teammates.

wait, couldn't you not stand Bill Parcells?

The Panch

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2487478 said:
what's with WRs trying to fight guys twice their weight?

Irvin tried to fight McIver and now this...
Witten isnt that much bigger than T.O.

Not to mention, Owens looks quicker and crazier. It's the crazy ones that can do the unthinkable in a fight. Just start Mike Tysoning the hell out of people's ears and stuff.

All in all, if Witten is the snitch, he needs to be held accountable. *smh* @ "Who shot JR?" becoming "Who snitched on TO?"