PFT: T.O., Witten Had “Near Altercation”

RoadRunner

Reaction score
daschoo;2486834 said:
translation - i made this up and will now hide behind the journalists friend mr unnamed source.

as any of you who have read my other posts will know i am new to american football and therefore the cowboys. i have however lived alll my life in scotland where rangers are the establishment team in the biggest sport in our country (sorry guys but and the world) soccer. celtic for reasons that i don't feel the need to go into here as its irrelevant on this board (feel free to pm if you're interested) are undermined at every opportunity in the media. i remember a couple of years ago the daily record (local rag) printed a front page story under the headline "liars, drunks, thugs and thieves" about the celtic players christmas night out. two days later they had a one paragraph apology on page 27 or something taking every claim they made back. to be quite honest the above quote would not look out of place with a couple of name changes in said "newspaper"

from the eyes of an outsider (allbe-it with a pro cowboys bias) please let me tell you that this looks like a nothing story aimed merely at unsettling a team the media seem to have a fondness for reporting on excessively merely so they can knock them down.

anyone who hasn't previously read my ramblings greetings from scotland.
'mon the cowboys
and
hail! hail! the celts are here!

:star:

I only take issue with your claim about soccer being the number 1 sport in the world, which does not hold up under televised numbers scrutiny, especially for the Super Bowl. No soccer game anywhere on the globe is as big as the soccer game in both dollars, and viewing.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
The Panch;2487483 said:
Witten isnt that much bigger than T.O.

Not to mention, Owens looks quicker and crazier. It's the crazy ones that can do the unthinkable in a fight. Just start Mike Tysoning the hell out of people's ears and stuff.

All in all, if Witten is the snitch, he needs to be held accountable. *smh* @ "Who shot JR?" becoming "Who snitched on TO?"

still, a 40-50 pound disadvantage is usually a beatdown in real life

unless you really know how to fight and like you say, want it more

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Don't you remember the Owens type from school?

Guys like him fold after one second.

Owens is way bigger than the 5-9 cornerbacks that absolutely manhandle him.

Owens is the classic coward. Divas always are.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487635 said:
Don't you remember the Owens type from school?

Guys like him fold after one second.

Owens is way bigger than the 5-9 cornerbacks that absolutely manhandle him.

Owens is the classic coward. Divas always are.

God you are an idiot...

sbark

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2486814 said:
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

hey hey hey.....take that kind of stuff to the political files.....;)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
According to Spears, there wasn't even a near altercation.
Per Moving the chains

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487674 said:
According to Spears, there wasn't even a near altercation.
Per Moving the chains

I guess we should believe him. I mean, players always tell the truth, especially when they use their real names. ;)

So much for the "T.O. is not a distraction" factor. :(

alancdc

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2486792 said:
If there was an altercation, how do we even know its about this "situation" that has been going on.

Maybe this happened:

OWENS: "It was Moops!"

WITTEN: "Its Moors!"

OWENS: "Moops!"

WITTEN: "Moors!"

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

As good as it gets right there friend.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2487690 said:
I guess we should believe him. I mean, players always tell the truth, especially when they use their real names. ;)

So much for the "T.O. is not a distraction" factor. :(

I didn't say it was fact. I just posted what he said, you know my stance on the issue.;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487697 said:
I didn't say it was fact. I just posted what he said, you know my stance on the issue.;)

I gotcha. We see eye-to-eye on this issue. :)

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
5Countem5;2487047 said:
:lmao2:You're very funny...

Sorry, but I freaking despise TO and it pains me to cheer FOR him every sunday. I knew it was only a matter of time before he pulled the same %^&* he did in SF and Philly, and it looks like its happening again now. Good receivers aren't all that hard to come by. I'm so sick of TO; the franchise would be better off without him.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
mute_city;2486733 said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/13/report-to-witten-had-near-altercation/

The drama around the Dallas Cowboys is not going away.

The Star-Telegram is reporting that wide receiver Terrell Owens and tight end Jason Witten had “a near altercation” in the locker room on Friday. Citing two unnamed sources, the paper reports that Owens and Witten exchanged words before being separated.

However, both players acted like everything was fine when reporters entered the locker room.

Asked if he was cool with Witten and quarterback Tony Romo, Owens said, “I’m cool with everybody. We addressed everything. Coach addressed everything. Everything is everything.”

Witten added, “Obviously I have a lot of respect for Terrell and I think it’s the same way. He’s a hell of a player.”

The “near altercation” happened after a team meeting in which Cowboys coach Wade Phillips told the team to focus on Sunday’s game against the Giants and avoid outside distractions.
Bash me if you want, but I'd rather have Owens than Witten if it came down to that choice.

As for the "unnamed sources", their crap hurts the team more than anything Owens or Romo or Witten could ever do on the field. I'd say cut them, but no, that's too nice...trade them to Oakland!

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
Biggems;2487278 said:
actually not seeing a wide open Williams in the endzone knitting an entire sweater on the play might have cost us the game.

We have a winner folks

superpunk

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2487826 said:
You make it sound so dirty.
lol....

I mean, obviously anything that happens between these two is going to be reported, but come on...we're at "near altercation" levels now? What does that even mean? Guys get tired of each other all the time. The guy next to you decides to tell you what you're doing wrong, and you tell him to piss off. Whatever. This is just pathetic times for Cowboys journalism/news.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2486755 said:
Consider the source..lol

This silliness is so out of control. I wouldn't be surprised if half the team shows up to Texas Stadium tomorrow. The other half will have forgotten we even had a game.

:laugh1: Amen.

This is some crazy shiggy-dink. If TO and Witt almost came to blows (my words), where is ESPN with the breaking news. There AIN'T NO WAY ESPN would not be all over this.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This will explode into an unfixable situation if we're not able to win Sunday. If Romo goes out and has a game like he had at home against the Giants last year, and we win, then that will take a lot of the edge off this situation.

Anything out than that happening and this thing gets extremely ugly come next Wednesday.