PFT: T.O., Witten Had “Near Altercation”

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
theogt;2486809 said:
So, once again, all we have is second hand information from anonymous sources.

Do you actually think a reporter is going to name his sources?

Anonymous sources are as old as the institution that uses them.

Now, this doesn't give credence to what is being said but I would be more suprised if sources were named as opposed to the latter.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Also, I remember when it was reported that Hugh Douglas and Terrell Owens got into it in the lockerroom. Both sides denied that it happened but later I beleive Hugh Douglas did state that there was some type of confrontation.

BHendri5

Reaction score
links18;2486805 said:
Someone should give TO a good locker room beat down like Hugh Douglas did in Philly. Or maybe not......:banghead:

HAHAHA, are you serious? douglas beat down T.O.? That is not how it was told, I hope you were being sarcastic.

On a serious note, where do tese unamed sources keep coming from. do they have Valley Ranch bugged.

No one can root out this so called blabber mouth. If there is a source, it has to be someone who will not be on the team next season, or they hope they can get T.O. released so they can make the team next season.
Find that/those unnamed sources

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
BHendri5;2486873 said:
HAHAHA, are you serious? douglas beat down T.O.? That is not how it was told, I hope you were being sarcastic.

As I recall Hugh Douglas out of it with bruises on his face. TO didn't. Therefore, in my esteemed opinion, that means TO spanked him.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
good, i hope this story is 100% true. I hope this is what finally gets TO on a train out of Dallas. *** him.

Randy White

Reaction score
would ANYbody want to make this up ?

If it's a lie, you would have heard at least half the team, plus Owen AND Witten screaming their heads out at how big of a lie it is.

:starspin

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dude gets more passes thrown to him than anybody on the team. this board should be real interesing Sunday night.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2487056 said:
dude gets more passes thrown to him than anybody on the team. this board should be real interesing Sunday night.
He didn't in the Steelers game, which is what was the catalyst to this. I'd bet that if you looked at late and close statistics, Tony targets Witten the most, too. It's not a problem when Witten isn't running the wrong route with other receivers wide open, causing us to lose a huge game. Just pointing out that TO has been targeted more than Witten on the season doesn't end the debate.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2487063 said:
He didn't in the Steelers game, which is what was the catalyst to this. I'd bet that if you looked at late and close statistics, Tony targets Witten the most, too. It's not a problem when Witten isn't running the wrong route with other receivers wide open, causing us to lose a huge game. Just pointing out that TO has been targeted more than Witten on the season doesn't end the debate.
he's been targeted more than Witten and everybody else on the team since Romo came back from his injury,this season, and Since Romo became the starting qb. so he didn't get more passes thrown to him in 1 game? tough! maybe it's because Romo trusts Witten more? maybe Witten doesn't quit on his routes? maybe it's because he can catch better than Owens. he coulda went to Romo or spoke up about it in a film session rather than a seperate meeting.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2486879 said:
As I recall Hugh Douglas out of it with bruises on his face. TO didn't. Therefore, in my esteemed opinion, that means TO spanked him.

thats what I recall as well.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rampage;2487072 said:
he's been targeted more than Witten and everybody else on the team since Romo came back from his injury,this season, and Since Romo became the starting qb. so he didn't get more passes thrown to him in 1 game? tough!
Except it cost us the game, and possibly the playoffs. And has been a recurring habit with Tony in certain spots.

maybe it's because Romo trusts Witten more?
Maybe he shouldn't, considering.....

maybe Witten doesn't quit on his routes?
No, he just runs the wrong route altogether.

he coulda went to Romo or spoke up about it in a film session rather than a seperate meeting.
Jason Garrett called the meeting.

Haley94

Reaction score
I could care less about altercations. In fact, I think they are healthy. Better than holding resentment underneath. Most of my best friends in life, I've scrapped with. There is respect there, especially if neither back down. I love the fire, now unleash hell on the Giants.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2487080 said:
Except it cost us the game, and possibly the playoffs. And has been a recurring habit with Tony in certain spots.

Maybe he shouldn't, considering.....

No, he just runs the wrong route altogether.

Jason Garrett called the meeting.
so him not throwing to T.O. cost us the game? well he threw to Owens 18 freaking times in the 1st skins game and that cost us the game. so you see it goes both ways. 2 of the 3 interceptions Romo threw were to Owens and one was because he quit on the route. name another time when Witten messed up a route? but this doesn't shock me at all that someone with as little football knowledge as you have would think Owens is right in this situation.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
How the heck do you have a "Near" altercation?

Either you do or you don't.

They may have had words but who doesn't?

This is some of the most irresponsible reporting I have ever seen.

(And I'm in the political Zone a lot)

ethiostar

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2487111 said:
How the heck do you have a "Near" altercation?

Either you do or you don't.

They may have had words but who doesn't?

This is some of the most irresponsible reporting I have ever seen.

(And I'm in the political Zone a lot)

:laugh1:

Mash

Reaction score
Why not blame Romo....?

He has the last decision....coaches can call plays....can make a player the primary target...

But the fact is....Romo makes those decisions based on what the defense gives him.

All three picks were Romo's fault.....who care about who gets thrown to the most.

Bad decisions were made.....Romo had a bad game.....and lately he stares down his targets. Bad route or not....that fist pick was on Romo....could TO protected the pass better....who knows....but he was well covered and doubled teamed......

Just because a player asks for the Ball doesnt mean coaches are yellling into Romo's ear to throw it to him. Romo has to be accountable....he is the QB....the leader...

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Maybe this happened:

OWENS: "It was Moops!"

WITTEN: "Its Moors!"

OWENS: "Moops!"

WITTEN: "Moors!"[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
is this Watergate or Valley Ranch? How many Deep Throats are there in Big D......and don't even turn this into some Debbie Does Dallas branch off...cause I just beat you to it. I think we need some swatters to smash those flies on the walls in the lockerrooms.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2486809 said:
So, once again, all we have is second hand information from anonymous sources.

Pretty much and I really don't see why anyone would put any value into anything like that. I know if i handed in a paper and cited anonymous sources I would get a F.