News: PFT: Teams calling about trading for Cowboys O and DLinemen

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trading DL Quinn would be a bold move. I think the DL has played well without Quinn. Quinn is due $8M this year, most in salary. He is suspended the first two games. He is only here for a one year contract and can leave, and probably will leave.

If the DL can succeed without Quinn, why not keep a Jelks over Quinn? Jelks has showed potential and will be here for the next 4 years. Jelks reminds me a little of David Irving, but Jelks has a brain to go along with his talent.

Dumping Quinn would save money which can be used for other players and allow for a young player with potential like Jelks or Wise to remain with the team. I would definitely be shopping Quinn (maybe someone won't mind the salary) and would consider him for an outright cut.

What changed since they traded for Quinn?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What changed since they traded for Quinn?

1) PED suspension of 2 games. Will Quinn be the same without PEDs?
2) Cheaper and younger players playing well and showing potential - Taco, Jackson, and Jelks at DE and Wise, Ross, Covington at DT.
3) Maybe Gregory getting reinstated especially after Gordon is back.
4) Why pay Quinn $8M when Hyder is better and cheaper?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Uh, yeah. That's what everybody has been talking about here and nationally. The Cowboys are extremely deep, and some very good players are about to get cut here.
Alright well I disagree. National media must not see our starting strong safety or our defensive line outside of Lawrence and Quinn.

BigD49

Reaction score
I do not think he is worth the roster spot at all. Kerry Hyder is just as good and is the same type of inside/outside player Crawford is at 1/10th the price.
This ignores the qualifier I made about salary...my point was you deal with the overpay this year if you think you're a legit contender. You only cut him if you truly think that he is worse than all the other DL that make the roster, and that seems very unlikely to me

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
This ignores the qualifier I made about salary...my point was you deal with the overpay this year if you think you're a legit contender. You only cut him if you truly think that he is worse than all the other DL that make the roster, and that seems very unlikely to me
We dealt with the overpay for the past 4 years

BigD49

Reaction score
We dealt with the overpay for the past 4 years
I really don't see what that has to do with maximizing our potential for this year...there's not a GM in the league that would take Joe Jackson, Jelks or Kerry Hyder over Tyrone Crawford this summer if you're ignoring cap implications. If you wanna make the argument about value that's a different story, but I just don't think we should be concerned with playing the "moneyball" game in a year where we have Super Bowl aspirations, that's all

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I really don't see what that has to do with maximizing our potential for this year...there's not a GM in the league that would take Joe Jackson, Jelks or Kerry Hyder over Tyrone Crawford this summer if you're ignoring cap implications. If you wanna make the argument about value that's a different story, but I just don't think we should be concerned with playing the "moneyball" game in a year where we have Super Bowl aspirations, that's all
Kerry hyder is the same player at a tenth of the price and we have a ton of young lineman that could be on the squad for the next 4 years. Not gonna waive one of them for this bum who doesn’t even own a starting position and isn’t much more than a jag

BigD49

Reaction score
Kerry hyder is the same player at a tenth of the price and we have a ton of young lineman that could be on the squad for the next 4 years. Not gonna waive one of them for this bum who doesn’t even own a starting position and isn’t much more than a jag
Clearly talking to a wall here...I'm no Crawford lover, but Kerry Hyder is 17 months younger than Crawford and has less tackles & sacks in his CAREER than Crawford has had in the last two years...stop the madness man. You can tell me all about the value, but you lose me the minute you say we have any proof that he's an equivalent player.

To be clear, I know Hyder has been hurt and has missed games, but I don't think that changes my above point. I just want the best players on the field this year, regardless of cost, because I think this team has the potential to be special

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
2) Cheaper and younger players playing well and showing potential - Taco, Jackson, and Jelks at DE and Wise, Ross, Covington at DT.

1. From what I heard, Quinn was popped for a PED masking agent in his seizure medication. That doesn't definitively mean he was taking PEDs.
2. If they play well the two weeks Quinn is out I would consider something. Otherwise would like the more proven player.
3. Not worth considering until Gregory gets reinstated. He hasn't even filed yet.
4. I haven't seen anything to suggest Hyder is definitely better. Not to mention we can afford both.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Clearly talking to a wall here...I'm no Crawford lover, but Kerry Hyder is 17 months younger than Crawford and has less tackles & sacks in his CAREER than Crawford has had in the last two years...stop the madness man. You can tell me all about the value, but you lose me the minute you say we have any proof that he's an equivalent player.

To be clear, I know Hyder has been hurt and has missed games, but I don't think that changes my above point. I just want the best players on the field this year, regardless of cost, because I think this team has the potential to be special
Clearly you just don’t like to here the truth. Crawford sucks and has little value for this team. He is a JAG, end of story. With Lawrence, Quinn, Armstrong and even Taco Crawford won’t see the field and he shouldn’t. He is garbage who Rod pumped up like Rod does.

Pharoah

Reaction score
,Why so high on Ross and Wise haven't seen much this pre season from those guys?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The OL trades have already started with Buffalo shipping Wyatt Teller and a seventh in 2021 for a fourth and fifth in 2020. That is a decent haul for a backup lineman.

If the Cowboys think they can ship an OL off, they better start now. Everyone else is doing business.

But I think this McGovern thing makes them hold off.