News: PFT: Teams calling about trading for Cowboys O and DLinemen

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know. Its a struggle to either go all in now or trade for the future. I wouldnt woul him away tho, itd have to be atleast a high 2nd.

I'd keep him, even though it will be tough to be forced to watch him leave next year. I think having a player have a career year at defensive tackle would be a huge boost towards the chance for a championship this year. And if that were to happen, it would all be worth it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Fleming?

That's a surprise given Smith's ongoing history of time missed with back issues.
Don’t want to - was just thinking from standpoint of maximizing return. We’d get more for Fleming than La’el IMO.

If we’re going to get rid of someone, make it the person we could get the most for. If their replacement can’t get the job done then find someone who can.

Beaker42

Reaction score
i.e. "We in the front office are good and now the rest of the league now knows it" (patting myself on the back) :)
Now you just sound like Risen Star. These boards ain’t big enough for two big brains to be on here at the same time.

:laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Awesome. Maybe we can trade Smith, Collins, Collins, Crawford, Charlton, Hyder, etc
Smith? I doubt we would let smith go unless its for a couple of picks and its a crappy team so we ensure we get a high pick....in a superbowl run year, you don't trade away your best offensive player. yes, I said that.

Malik Collins. that's interesting. last year of his contract. there is depth. do we get a 2nd for him? I doubt it....

L Collins....that's tough..... who would pay what for a RT (middle of the pack probably) in the last year of his contract and perhaps having to pay him 12-14 mill a year next year.
Crawford....he is too expensive. doubt if there is interest.
Charlton...makes sense. former first rounder. looking like he is turning the corner. we are deep at the position. so maybe a 2nd rounder? got three more years on a reasonable contract. I wouldn't do it for a 3rd rounder.
Hyder...not sure. he was available and nobody traded for him.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Question for the forum:

Who would you be comfortable with the team trading from either the offensive or defensive lines?
Only Crawford. The rest are much needed depth for a Super Bowl run and if you want to or need to make a trade it can be done during the season before the deadline

BigD49

Reaction score
Only Crawford. The rest are much needed depth for a Super Bowl run and if you want to or need to make a trade it can be done during the season before the deadline
Not that I'm completely against the concept of trading Crawford, but ignoring the salary impact, do you not think he is worthy of a roster spot? I personally think he can contribute a lot more on the road towards a Super Bowl than Joe Jackson or Jelks could. In fact, I think trading someone like Crawford is something you do if you don't think you're a contender and you wanna recoup salary / picks for someone that won't move the needle

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not that I'm completely against the concept of trading Crawford, but ignoring the salary impact, do you not think he is worthy of a roster spot? I personally think he can contribute a lot more on the road towards a Super Bowl than Joe Jackson or Jelks could. In fact, I think trading someone like Crawford is something you do if you don't think you're a contender and you wanna recoup salary / picks for someone that won't move the needle
I do not think he is worth the roster spot at all. Kerry Hyder is just as good and is the same type of inside/outside player Crawford is at 1/10th the price.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Trading DL Quinn would be a bold move. I think the DL has played well without Quinn. Quinn is due $8M this year, most in salary. He is suspended the first two games. He is only here for a one year contract and can leave, and probably will leave.

If the DL can succeed without Quinn, why not keep a Jelks over Quinn? Jelks has showed potential and will be here for the next 4 years. Jelks reminds me a little of David Irving, but Jelks has a brain to go along with his talent.

Dumping Quinn would save money which can be used for other players and allow for a young player with potential like Jelks or Wise to remain with the team. I would definitely be shopping Quinn (maybe someone won't mind the salary) and would consider him for an outright cut.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Trading DL Quinn would be a bold move. I think the DL has played well without Quinn. Quinn is due $8M this year, most in salary. He is suspended the first two games. He is only here for a one year contract and can leave, and probably will leave.

If the DL can succeed without Quinn, why not keep a Jelks over Quinn? Jelks has showed potential and will be here for the next 4 years. Jelks reminds me a little of David Irving, but Jelks has a brain to go along with his talent.

Dumping Quinn would save money which can be used for other players and allow for a young player with potential like Jelks or Wise to remain with the team. I would definitely be shopping Quinn (maybe someone won't mind the salary) do heand would consider him for an outright cut.
I want to see what Quinn can do here with Collins wrecking the middle and Tank crushing the left side. Quinn didn’t have more sacks because he had no help at the other end. I’m betting he has double digits in sacks.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know people don't like Crawford. He's one of the best run-stoppers in the league.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd certainly trade Crawford if someone would give me anything for that contract.
I don't understand that personally. Crawford is a solid run stopper. I know that makes him a situational first down maybe player why do so many people dislike him so much.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I want to see what Quinn can do here with Collins wrecking the middle and Tank crushing the left side. Quinn didn’t have more sacks because he had no help at the other end. I’m betting he has double digits in sacks.

How much better is Quinn than Armstrong, Hyder, Taco, Crawford, Jelks? That is the big question. Maybe Hyder and Crawford are better than Quinn. Maybe Quinn is not the same player without the PEDs he just got busted for. We really haven't seen anything from Quinn yet.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand that personally. Crawford is a solid run stopper. I know that makes him a situational first down maybe player why do so many people dislike him so much.

Don't get me wrong, it's not "dislike" and nothing personal, despite my energy behind my stance.

Crawford is a good, hard-working player. He's simply overpaid , miscast, without a true starting role, and now in the way of cheaper, younger talent.

Think about your own description "solid run stopper". Is that good for $10 million to you?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't get me wrong, it's not "dislike" and nothing personal, despite my energy behind my stance.

Crawford is a good, hard-working player. He's simply overpaid , miscast, without a true starting role, and now in the way of cheaper, younger talent.

Think about your own description "solid run stopper". Is that good for $10 million to you?
Yes, but there are many people on this form or even the old Forum that totally just dislike him. They just think he's a scrub LOL and I just trying to understand it. Thanks for the reply

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but there are many people on this form or even the old Forum that totally just dislike him. They just think he's a scrub LOL and I just trying to understand it. Thanks for the reply

That's not me.

I'm a critic for sure, but I try to support my criticisms as best as I can and not simply say "he sucks!" because he clearly doesn't.

I actually feel bad for the guy because from an on-the-field standpoint, the Cowboys did him a terrible disservice, drafting him as a 3-4 end and then switching to a 4-3 defense. He's been a round peg in a square hole trying to carve out a role ever since. Paid well, but miscast.