News: PFT: Teams calling about trading for Cowboys O and DLinemen

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I'll trade people that are getting cut anyway. Looney, Fleming, and La'el Collins are not getting cut.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Agreed and part of me wants to entertain La'el Collins and even Tyron Smith (that's tough for me to say bc he's been a great pro for us) but we can't do that without replacements and I just think that could screw us going into this season. But Smith missing a bunch of games does us no better either. The thing is, hopefully he doesn't miss a bunch of games hopefully we can get him through the season and draft his replacement next year and maybe get one more solid year or two out of him.
Well said, but I would keep Collins he has been healthy . Smith will have to be replaced in a year or two,just because of health issues. Good thing we have Fleming to fill in for Smith for a few games each year. This year the smart cut would be Crawford, not just for this year, but for the cap next year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like him because i want yo win now and he can help, but hes not part of their long term plans. Same with quinn but i think hes too expensive to trade.

True about the long term part, but he's also far and away this team's best option at 3T this year if you want to try to win anything now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trade Collins, move Connor Williams out to a natural fit for him at RT. Then insert Joe Looney at LG as your starter. Then Xavier IS YOUR 5th best oline man than can play either guard spot.We still have Fleming that can play both tackle positions if need be. Better to move Collins now and get something.

That ship sailed when they decided to play Connor Williams exclusively at left guard all offseason.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On O Line, I would trade Collins but it would 1) need to be for significant value and 2) it would be because I think McGovern is ready to go.

Looney's versatility is extremely valuable so wouldn't trade him BUT this FO loves to pat themselves on the back, so if they think Adam Redmond is THAT DUDE , maybe they feel confident in moving Looney for value.

D Line. Taco? Sure but it would be them admitting they messed up, and they don't really do that. Tyrone Crawford? Yes please. I doubt they find anyone willing to take on his contract though. Maliek Collins? Most of us think he's about to play lights out in his contract year. Why would we not want to get a great year out of him and a 2021 3rd round compensatory for our trouble? If a deal beats that perceived value then sure. One of the young guys like Jelks or Jackson? No problem at all getting something for them versus cutting a talented player. Hill isn't going anywhere. Armstrong? Again, if someone is willing to give up solid value than maybe. We'd be passing up benefitting from 3 more years of a very affordable pass rusher. Quinn is a 1-year rental and Gregory is a literal wildcard.

From everything I've read and heard, McGovern is "ready to go" on IR. Sadly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
we are not deep at Oline,i dont know where this notion is coming from.
Joe Looney makes a lot of issues but I agree. I don’t know where any of this is coming from. Defensive line backups are unproven and offensive line.......one of those guys goes down it could be ugly.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I don't think I would want to trade any linemen. Dallas has plenty of question marks with health issues going into the season. Dallas is one injury away from being in trouble. Depth is a good problem to have. Taco and L Collins are more valuable to the team now than an unknown commodity.
yep. trading cause you can or stockpiling picks if you have zero idea what you will get from that and if you're actually improving or just moving stuff around.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yep. trading cause you can or stockpiling picks if you have zero idea what you will get from that and if you're actually improving or just moving stuff around.

And what does a 2020 promissory note do for your chances of winning a Super Bowl in 2019?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True about the long term part, but he's also far and away this team's best option at 3T this year if you want to try to win anything now.

I know. Its a struggle to either go all in now or trade for the future. I wouldnt woul him away tho, itd have to be atleast a high 2nd.