News: PFT: Texas judge may still dismiss Elliott case

NewsBot

Reaction score
It’s expected that Judge Amos L. Mazzant III will prevent or permit the suspension of Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott on Friday. It’s also possible that Judge Mazzant will, pun obviously intended, punt. The NFL has requested a dismissal of the case in Texas, arguing that the case filed Tuesday night by the NFL in [more]

Continue reading...

Texas judge may still dismiss Elliott case
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2017, 9:12 PM EDT

630222778-e1502933508553.jpg

Getty Images

It’s expected that Judge Amos L. Mazzant III will prevent or permit the suspension of Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott on Friday. It’s also possible that Judge Mazzant will, pun obviously intended, punt.

The NFL has requested a dismissal of the case in Texas, arguing that the case filed Tuesday night by the NFL in New York City should take precedence.

If that occurs, Elliott and the NFLPA will quickly mobilize to raise the same argument made in Texas — that Elliott should be allowed to play while the litigation proceeds, since if he eventually wins after he has been suspended it will be impossible to rectify the damage. If the case proceeds in New York, however, the league will be more likely to prevail on the case itself, ensuring that the six-game suspension eventually will be served.

Last edited by a moderator:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s expected that Judge Amos L. Mazzant III will prevent or permit the suspension of Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott on Friday. It’s also possible that Judge Mazzant will, pun obviously intended, punt. The NFL has requested a dismissal of the case in Texas, arguing that the case filed Tuesday night by the NFL in [more]
b.gif

Continue reading...
Thanks NewsBot.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The suspension will be served, just a matter of when. I won't be surprised if it's starting Week 2.

J817

Reaction score
Eh, if he's innocent, he needs to fight it til the end. He'll still serve the suspension but you only have one name.

The outcome of these proceedings aren't going to sway public opinion when it comes to the good name of Ezekiel Elliott. The slimy way the NFL handled this entire situation made sure of that. If Zeke loses, there will be some who will label him a woman beater. Those same people will label him the same even if he comes out the victor. There is no outcome that will sway those people otherwise. Saying that, no matter how this thing goes it will not change the fact there was no proof, the NFL handled this whole thing very badly, and there were huge credability concerns with the accuser. Yes, he should fight this till the end for sake of fighting, but we all know the outcome of this will be a six suspension.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I would like to see the Cowboys enter this and sue the NFL. Seeing Jerry not do so is a big disappointment that he just takes a punishment that hurts the team without evidence. Jerry has said it in public but he is too weak to stand up to the league legally which is the only place that it really matters.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I would like to see the Cowboys enter this and sue the NFL. Seeing Jerry not do so is a big disappointment that he just takes a punishment that hurts the team without evidence. Jerry has said it in public but he is too weak to stand up to the league legally which is the only place that it really matters.
He needs to be more like the old Al Davis before he lost it.

mkindred

Reaction score

I think you are 100% incorrect about Jerry. He's already filed the claim siding with Zeke and that's just the beginning. Jerry is being very cautious on what he says on this subject and has shown more restraint than I can ever recall. I believe he is in a chess match against the NFL as we speak based on his recent comments and behavior.

Reaction score
The Cowboys filed in court a declaration of support of the NFL Players Association's emergency motion for a temporary restraining order or preliminary injunction, fighting the six-game suspension levied by the league against Zeke.

I'm not sure what else is expected of JJ at this point as this is now an issue between Zeke/NFLPA and the NFL. JJ was very vocal in his convictions of Zeke's innocence but now that the situation is in the courts, he most likely is being advised to stay quiet.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...support-emergency-motion-ezekiel-elliott-case