News: PFT: Trysten Hill fell asleep during team meeting with Isiah Thomas

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'll give it to you straight. It serves exactly the same purpose as you posting every bit of 'happy news' that you can find does. There is every bit 'as much' to talk about in negative news as positive news. Both are equally news.

And if you can't or don't want to talk about the negative stuff, don't.

I'm actually capable of discussing everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Fair enough, pretty sure I said I agree with you on the negative but what's the solution.

cern

Reaction score
I am more surprised that the question is not being asked as to whether it's the players or Marinelli. common sense would dictate it's a bit of both. I don't like rod. I care for his schemes even less. i'll be glad when he's gone. it's already been several years too long imo.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough, pretty sure I said I agree with you on the negative but what's the solution.

I think it's clear. Marinelli has gone from asset to liability. A player like Taco quickly paid the price for his mistakes, didn't he? Two years in and they cut the guy that Marinelli led the charge and overruled scouts to draft. Taco pays the price and gets cut. The coach 'shrugs his shoulders' and moves on, to his next apparent failure in Hill.

And that seems to be the clear trend around here, doesn't it? The players pay quickly. The accountability for the coaches works much differently.

I don't expect anything to happen publicly during the season. This team doesn't work that way, clearly. But that doesn't mean I have to like it and it doesn't mean I have to sugar coat it or ignore it either.

In the meantime, I take comfort in the actions that show Richard has more and more influence over this defense and its roster. The last two acquisitions on the defensive line have been 'Richard guys', not Marinelli's.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am more surprised that the question is not being asked as to whether it's the players or Marinelli. common sense would dictate it's a bit of both. I don't like rod. I care for his schemes even less. i'll be glad when he's gone. it's already been several years too long imo.

It's always that way with this team. Players can be cut quickly, but coaches get far too much time to show that they're not good enough.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I'm inclined to agree ....... his contract is expiring, so........

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think it's clear. Marinelli has gone from asset to liability. A player like Taco quickly paid the price for his mistakes, didn't he? Two years in and they cut the guy that Marinelli led the charge and overruled scouts to draft. Taco pays the price and gets cut. The coach 'shrugs his shoulders' and moves on, to his next apparent failure in Hill.

And that seems to be the clear trend around here, doesn't it? The players pay quickly. The accountability for the coaches works much differently.

I don't expect anything to happen publicly during the season. This team doesn't work that way, clearly. But that doesn't mean I have to like it and it doesn't mean I have to sugar coat it or ignore it either.

In the meantime, I take comfort in the actions that show Richard has more and more influence over this defense and its roster. The last two acquisitions on the defensive line have been 'Richard guys', not Marinelli's.

OK ...for the most part I agree. Let's move on .......what you do for Holloween last night? LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yet you're minimizing things once again?

This is a 2nd round draft pick we're talking about. A guy who isn't getting on the field and is screwing up off of it. The 'shrug your shoulders', 'oh well' approach is way off base. Shouldn't we be focusing on the screw-ups of a "non-starting player" when we need him to be starting?

And Hill's struggles are yet more evidence staring us in the face of bad organizational decision-making hurting this team. And Hill has had multiple recent screwups. Exactly when would be a good time to talk about these things?

Your posts are coming across as more 'fan defense mechanism' stuff. Don't want to talk about the tough stuff.
you just complained about a bunch of issues and problems. what's the solution?

Sydla

Reaction score
Because you're focused on ONE player ( non-starter ) on a team that has 22 starters.......

This thread is ABOUT ONE PLAYER not the entire 22.

It's about a player that the team spent a premium pick on that hasn't been able to be even the slightest bit productive and is showing signs of the issues he showed at UCF that the DL coach vouched for.

I mean when we have threads about Dak, should we not actually talk about Dak in that thread but all 22 starters?

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
This is why I am not opposed to trading high draft picks for proven young players. Amari Cooper. Jamal Adams.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'll give it to you straight. It serves exactly the same purpose as you posting every bit of 'happy news' that you can find does. There is every bit 'as much' to talk about in negative news as positive news. Both are equally news.

And if you can't or don't want to talk about the negative stuff, don't.

I'm actually capable of discussing everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
How about money, will you talk about that? Like when a player get a fistful of dollars?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We don't know what goes on behind the scenes with players on other teams and other sports.

Soto might have fallen asleep in dozen meetings but his talent over-shadowed any of those types of issues if he had them.

Yeah, if you ball out and are a major reason your team wins, they typically dont give a dam what you do in team meetings.

However...……..if you do literally nothing to help your team win or dont even make the starting lineup.......falling asleep is kinda a big deal.

That is true in every sport.