News: PFT: Trysten Hill fell asleep during team meeting with Isiah Thomas

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I can’t help but recall the story like this from the Jimmy era. If a player fell asleep in a meeting he was cut, if it was Troy he’d say wake up. Be more like Jimmy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Look in the mirror. You've brought nothing here but a sad, failed attempt to lecture others. Pot meet kettle.

If you want to continue to get pummeled with hard facts you can't handle, keep going.
What facts? Show me. Funny how angry fans get over literally nothing, lmao.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Also in regards to the he’s 21 excuse crutch. Juan Soto was nearly the World Series MVP and he was 20 for 95% of the season. Just turned 21 and seemed to handle things just fine. His age shouldn’t be his alibi.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t help but recall the story like this from the Jimmy era. If a player fell asleep in a meeting he was cut, if it was Troy he’d say wake up. Be more like Jimmy.

In Cowboys lore, Roper is known for being cut by Johnson, in order to send the team a message, after he fell asleep during a special teams meeting prior to their October 17 game against the San Francisco 49ers in 1993.

Jimmy was going to cut Roper anyway but took the opportunity to make a point.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also in regards to the he’s 21 excuse crutch. Juan Soto was nearly the World Series MVP and he was 20 for 95% of the season. Just turned 21 and seemed to handle things just fine. His age shouldn’t be his alibi.
We don't know what goes on behind the scenes with players on other teams and other sports.

Soto might have fallen asleep in dozen meetings but his talent over-shadowed any of those types of issues if he had them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In Cowboys lore, Roper is known for being cut by Johnson, in order to send the team a message, after he fell asleep during a special teams meeting prior to their October 17 game against the San Francisco 49ers in 1993.

Jimmy was going to cut Roper anyway but took the opportunity to make a point.
And he treated players according to their on field ability. Somethings some fans didn't see.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What facts? Show me. Funny how angry fans get over literally nothing, lmao.

Start with your first erroneous post where you tried to say it wasn't Marinelli's fault that his latest charge is failing miserably. Start there and then figure it out.

In case you missed it, every draft report that came out about Hill specifically stated that Marinelli - that one guy - led the charge to draft him.

Are you going to try to now deny that?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some fans look for any excuse they can.

It's funny because his young age was a selling point when they drafted him. Now it's an attempted excuse for being an underachieving screwup.

Cowboys fans...

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
My main point was if he doesn’t have the it factor, was already labeled a question mark by his college coaches. Don’t blame the age, blame it on another failed lab rat experiment from Marinelli. Taco, Hill and the list goes on down to the Meltons of the world. Some cost us a top pick others just a camp experiment. They just don’t have a solid track record letting Rod guide them. It’s supposed to be his forte.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Anyone that says just give him time is just lying to themselves. There is no sign he can play. Not one. He is out of shape and apparently unmotivated to boot.

So you would give up on him after one year?

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Some fans look for any excuse they can.

It's funny because his young age was a selling point when they drafted him. Now it's an attempted excuse for being an underachieving screwup.

Cowboys fans...
I just think there are some that can’t accept that we got a Taco two pack here. Only cost us a 1st and a 2nd. I’m sure we don’t need those picks though.

I know plenty of 21 year olds get drafted and show more potential for not being a bust even when they are still raw. Taco scars are too fresh for me to see this as not being a second taco. The first one was bad, why eat a second?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stated that it's not ONE person. And that's how drafts work. Go ahead and think it's ALL on Marinelli. I really couldn't care less what you think.

Waaaahhh! The truth hurts! Waaaahhhh! Cry some more and project that on the other guy too.

I stand by my opinion, I'm not the one playing the internet tough guy.

Really? Who was the first guy to try to correct someone else? And falsely claim that THEY were the one getting emotional? Oh, that was YOU "Internet tough guy", again, look in the mirror at yourself before trying to project everything on someone else. Show some personal accountability.

Agree to disagree. Not to mention I was responding to someone else, not you. Who clearly had an emotional reaction to the thread.

No, it was YOU that had the emotional reaction, clearly enough that you felt the need to chime in about their comment. But once again, as is your clear pattern, everything is projected on the OTHER GUY.

Marinelli led the charge to draft yet another disappointment, deal with it, suck it up, buttercup.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just think there are some that can’t accept that we got a Taco two pack here. Only cost us a 1st and a 2nd. I’m sure we don’t need those picks though.

The excuses always flow from many fans. They feel some sick obligation that minimize the damage and dispute stories and situations that paint their favorite team in an unfavorable light. It indicates an inability to handle criticism.

I know plenty of 21 year olds get drafted and show more potential for not being a bust even when they are still raw. Taco scars are too fresh for me to see this as not being a second taco. The first one was bad, why eat a second?

The line of defensive line screwups is far longer than just those two guys as well. And when Marinelli inevitably hangs for it, these same Super Fan defenders won't have **** to say about it then. Just like they don't say a word now about Scott Linehan after they rushed to his aid again and again and again.

When proven wrong, they run and hide and never speak of these sort of things again.

GenoT

Reaction score
Dear Santa,

My Christmas wish is that the Dallas Cowboys FO will, in the future, draft defensive players instead of defenseless projects.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Cowboys fandom is like being a parent. Sometimes you want to strangle them, and other times you can’t be more pleased. Either way you’re going to stick around and love them anyway.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
One thing to keep mind, Marnelii, like Garrett is on the last year of his 3-year deal signed 2016. He's also talked about retiring. So I'm guessing, regardless of what happens to Garrett, Marinelli's time here is likely done after this season. Just me, but sure seem like a lot of energy on a guy with an expiring contract.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I will say this, in my job I cannot sit still for more than 1/2 hour listening to someone drone on about anything it could be about war, strippers, or why something has to be done one way or the other. I don't fall asleep but boy I have come close, I have to get up go to the restroom, go grab some coffee, something to much on etc.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I will say this, in my job I cannot sit still for more than 1/2 hour listening to someone drone on about anything it could be about war, strippers, or why something has to be done one way or the other. I don't fall asleep but boy I have come close, I have to get up go to the restroom, go grab some coffee, something to much on etc.
One time a coworker was complaining to me so bad that I literally almost fainted right in front of him

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing to keep mind, Marnelii, like Garrett is on the last year of his 3-year deal signed 2016. He's also talked about retiring. So I'm guessing, regardless of what happens to Garrett, Marinelli's time here is likely done after this season. Just me, but sure seem like a lot of energy on a guy with an expiring contract.

Is the season over? Is Hill not continuing to screwup and disappoint? Is that not both relevant and current news? How is it not "worth the energy"? You're also proving my prior comments right in your attempts to minimize this.