PFT: Twitter bio change led to another Garrett-Hardy conversation

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Jason Garrett stands by and watches Hardy slap clipboard out of assistant coach's hand.. does nothing.

Hardy changes Twitter bio...Garrett has a meeting with him.

Something's a little off there.

We are lucky he didn't start clapping at that situation. He was a deer staring at headlights, simply frozen and no clue how to handle it.

superonyx

Reaction score
Clearly Hardy doesn't understand that in this country you are not innocent until proven guilty. In fact even if found innocent you still are not.

What is this guy thinking? I don't care if he was in the room when this incedent happened. He needs to learn that the media determines if you are innocent or guilty.

What a moron.

links18

Reaction score
Clearly Hardy doesn't understand that in this country you are not innocent until proven guilty. In fact even if found innocent you still are not.

What is this guy thinking? I don't care if he was in the room when this incedent happened. He needs to learn that the media determines if you are innocent or guilty.

What a moron.

There are courts of law and then there is the court of media driven public opinion.

links18

Reaction score
Who is leaking this stuff? Are they trying to drive down competition for Hardy in the off season?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Who is leaking this stuff? Are they trying to drive down competition for Hardy in the off season?
I wouldn't be surprised if its ESPN so they can make easily controlled people mad over the same thing day after day for cheap ratings.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Clearly Hardy doesn't understand that in this country you are not innocent until proven guilty.

America bashing on Veteran's Day courtesy of another thread on Greg Hardy's inept dealings with the media.

Sydla

Reaction score
As one off incidents, no big deal. But unfortunately a pattern is developing here where Hardy doesn't put much thought into his actions/words and almost feels a sense of entitlement to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

I suspect if the last 2 months of the season match the first two months, with Hardy getting a few more reprimands, even Jerry might have trouble ponying up money for the guy.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Hardy needs to lay low. Actually keep it up and keep these relevant and fresh on the minds of the other 31 NFL owners. Fact is he'll resign here at a discount because no team will be willing to look hypocritical for signing this guy long term after the photos have been released.

dupree89

Reaction score
Where I think this all leads is that simply there is a good chance the Cowboys don't make much of an effort to resign him at the end of the season.

Nothing will happen in-season nor should it.

I agree 100%. I don't think they will even attempt to bring him back next year. But unloading him now will just magnify the mistake (or perceived mistake I should say) it was signing him. After all the talk of him being a leader and giving him a 2nd chance, dumping him now would make the team look more foolish IMO.

superonyx

Reaction score
America bashing on Veteran's Day courtesy of another thread on Greg Hardy's inept dealings with the media.

I didnt realize bashing the media is bashing the country. Interesting assumption.
I wasn't happy with the latest report on the income to wealth gap either. Is saying that also considered America bashing also?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if its ESPN so they can make easily controlled people mad over the same thing day after day for cheap ratings.

How would ESPN know what occurred in a "private" conversation between Hardy and Garrett?

The leak had to come from someone within the organization who would know that Garrett had this conversation with Hardy.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I didnt realize bashing the media is bashing the country. Interesting assumption.
I wasn't happy with the latest report on the income to wealth gap either. Is saying that also considered America bashing also?

I was complaining more about how Hardy threads tend to lead our discussions down a rabbit hole but, in my defense, you did mention that "in this country you are not innocent until proven guilty." Doesn't strike me as a ringing endorsement even if your intention was to isolate the media which very much reflects and shapes the culture of said country.

Still, I get your second point and will take you at your word.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As one off incidents, no big deal. But unfortunately a pattern is developing here where Hardy doesn't put much thought into his actions/words and almost feels a sense of entitlement to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

Did you say pattern??? :D

erod

Reaction score
The day this season looks over in the Cowboys eyes, I think Hardy gets released.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
How would ESPN know what occurred in a "private" conversation between Hardy and Garrett?

The leak had to come from someone within the organization who would know that Garrett had this conversation with Hardy.
Obviously ESPN paid somebody to tell them stuff like that is what I was implying. You can't be that lost to not understand what I was getting at?

remdak

Reaction score

Garrett said during his PC that he spoke with Hardy about the Twitter bio