PFT: Twitter bio change led to another Garrett-Hardy conversation

perrykemp

Reaction score
Evidently JG didn't fully appreciate Hardy's Twitter BIO change...

PFT: Twitter bio change led to another Garrett-Hardy conversation

Defensive end Greg Hardy hasn’t been a member of the Cowboys for all that long, but that hasn’t stopped him from compiling a healthy number of meetings with coach Jason Garrett about his public comments.

He had another one on Wednesday. Hardy changed his Twitter bio to proclaim himself “innocent until proven guilty” and share his opinion that “the unjust/prejudicial treatment of diff categories of people is discrimination.” The revision didn’t last long, likely because of Hardy’s chat with Garrett.

Multiple members of the Cowboys beat report that Garrett spoke to Hardy about the change. This is the fourth time that such a conversation has taken place with Hardy’s offseason tweet referencing 9/11 and his comments about Tom Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen accounting for a couple of the other chats.

Read the rest here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nge-led-to-another-garrett-hardy-conversation

perrykemp

Reaction score
My gut is telling me that Mr. Hardy is going to end up in some trouble again sooner than later. Hope not.

Where I think this all leads is that simply there is a good chance the Cowboys don't make much of an effort to resign him at the end of the season.

Nothing will happen in-season nor should it.

superonyx

Reaction score
We need Mike Leach to come visit the locker room and share his thoughts on his players using Twitter.

remdak

Reaction score
My gut is telling me that Mr. Hardy is going to end up in some trouble again sooner than later. Hope not.

I can't believe how ignorant he is of the whole situation. Every stupid quote and tweet is costing him money in the long term. Nobody is going to guarantee him too much money in any future contract because one slip-up is going to cause him to be banned for life. Then, whoever signs him has to eat all that money in their salary cap. You would think his agent would get him to shut down his Twitter account.

remdak

Reaction score
Where I think this all leads is that simply there is a good chance the Cowboys don't make much of an effort to resign him at the end of the season.

Nothing will happen in-season nor should it.

The only way I would resign him is to one of those contracts similar to this year. You play, you get paid. Little or no guaranteed money. If someone else wants to guarantee alot of money, let him go. It's too much of a risk.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The only way I would resign him is to one of those contracts similar to this year. You play, you get paid. Little or no guaranteed money. If someone else wants to guarantee alot of money, let him go. It's too much of a risk.

Risk of what? Of pushing his teammates? the guy made one big stupid mistake and paid for it. Has nothing to do with football.

I became of fan of his when he told Bryant to get out of his face. I love Bryant but i have always said i thought the guy runs his mouth too much. Glad somebody finally fired back at him.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Where are all these reports coming from? Why the hell do we need to know if Garrett talked to Hardy about this? Irrelevant news..keep that crap in house.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This guy ain't worth the headache. He just doesnt get it, better for the team to cut ties sooner than later with this guy.
Nah he's worth the headache. Just admit you're a hater of Hardy which is your right but not worth it? You're talking non sense from a football perspective.