News: PFT: Watson still wants a trade

garyo1954

Reaction score
He’s going to be ok? How many guys have you known that’s been accused by 22 woman of sexual assault and has come out ok? Granted, Ben had around six or seven women accuse him of straight up rape but not 22. Twenty two is a rather large number. It screams serial. Ben screamed serial too but he allegedly did his thing before the hashtags. If Watson goes to court and is convicted he is done.

You don't have to root for the guy. I didn't ask you too. And nobody cares whether you do or not.
But what is this rape you're talking about? Please expound. So far we've seen lawsuits and the term "serial predator" but no rape charges.

As far as the rest, people thought Michael Vick was gone too. And yet after 2 years in prison he signed with the Eagles and had the best year of his career in 2010. In 13 years in the NFL, and with the mistakes he made, his net worth is still in the $15 million range.

Its your choice, but never think because you write someone off, they have no value.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He’s going to be ok? How many guys have you known that’s been accused by 22 woman of sexual assault and has come out ok? Granted, Ben had around six or seven women accuse him of straight up rape but not 22. Twenty two is a rather large number. It screams serial. Ben screamed serial too but he allegedly did his thing before the hashtags. If Watson goes to court and is convicted he is done.

No one accused him of rape, and the 22 aren’t even accusing him of sexual assault.

He’s being accused of sexual misconduct by most of them. I think one said he grabbed her hand and put it on his groin, that may be sexual assault.

But not 22, nothing even remotely close to rape. Hence he’s not being charged with anything

Even per their lawyer, this is the women’s wording:

“Watson is accused of being sexually inappropriate with at least 21 female masseuses”

Don’t be dissing a future Eagle like that

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
This is witch hunt crapp.

What Watson did was tasteless, classless, and incredibly stupid. But, it wasn't sexual assault, and it's not being called that. He deserves to be called out for what he did and get due punishment. But, call it what it is. Sexual misconduct.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is witch hunt crapp.

What Watson did was tasteless, classless, and incredibly stupid. But, it wasn't sexual assault, and it's not being called that. He deserves to be called out for what he did and get due punishment. But, call it what it is. Sexual misconduct.
Yep, all of this is falling under civil law, not criminal. I am not aware of any of these 22 saying he forced them to do anything. However, conduct detrimental to the league is a different matter.

This hasn't gotten to that stage where the NFL and NFLPA will square off.

I think we are missing the bigger picture here. These girls are not very good at what Watson was seeking because he's been to at least 22 of them that we know of in his never ending search. The man is persistent. I want to see the calendar with the girls that aren't suing. I think these 22 deserve some credit for patience, waiting until he got the new deal to file suit with a guy that makes Saul Goodman look good.

JayFord

Reaction score
Watson might want a trade but those allegations arent going to make anyone pull the trigger

you could trade for him and God forbid the allegations are true you'll need another qb

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The challenges here are plenty.

Aaron Rodgers might be the most naturally talented QB in NFL history. His arm strength, accuracy, processing and movement skills are all very plus.
But he is not young, nor cheap. He isn't taking a Tom Brady deal. He wants Pat Mahomes money.
That'll reduce his options and the return a team wants to trade.

Watson has to get passed this massage fetish deal. He is potentially a top 5 NFL trade target but that is if he doesn't come with a huge PR nightmare and NFL suspension.
His contract value is pretty great but HOU will want to be rewarded for eating all that signing bonus money.

The most sensible move might be Aaron Rodgers to Seattle and Russ Wilson to GB.
Both teams would have to figure out the cap but we all know that's very easily manipulated if you have your QB for the next 3+ years.

Watson to WFT makes a ton of sense but WFT would have to give up the universe as they have no real QB of note to send back. Probably means Chase Young plus a few future R1s and R2s.
Will a defensive guy like Rivera sign off on that spend for a QB? IDK.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Keep in mind, he doesn't believe he's done anything wrong, and let's be honest, up to this point none of the girls have accused him of anything rising to the level of criminal activities. Just me, it appears he's pervy with a massage fetish that played games with how far women would doing their professional job. It's odd, strange, but criminal, I'm not sure.
The issue is larger than that.
It's a massive black eye to the league.
Which means he is in Zeke territory and Zeke sat 6 games.
It is on it's face just weird but damage has absolutely been done and any future real incident however minor would come with a hammer.

J817

Reaction score
You don't have to root for the guy. I didn't ask you too. And nobody cares whether you do or not.
But what is this rape you're talking about? Please expound. So far we've seen lawsuits and the term "serial predator" but no rape charges.

As far as the rest, people thought Michael Vick was gone too. And yet after 2 years in prison he signed with the Eagles and had the best year of his career in 2010. In 13 years in the NFL, and with the mistakes he made, his net worth is still in the $15 million range.

Its your choice, but never think because you write someone off, they have no value.

Interesting scenario here, you seem to have a grasp of the English language but.... anyway

I was referring to this rape allegation here https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sy...ccused-of-rape-for-the-love-of-money.amp.html
and comparing it to the situation Watson is going through now. No where did I mention Watson raped anyone or was accused of rapping anyone. Again, I was merely comparing the situations in the since that they both involve woman in different parts of the county accusing a QB of sexual assault. Idk how many woman are claiming sexual assault on Watson nor do I care, considering this isn’t my s*** storm, but I do know that there are some who are and if he is convicted (not saying that he will) he is done in the NFL. I’m not going into the situation where a QB named Colin (who is indeed done in the NFL) did far far less then what Watson is being accused of here. Granted the scenarios are different but I think your smart enough to understand my point.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Interesting scenario here, you seem to have a grasp of the English language but.... anyway

I was referring to this rape allegation here https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sy...ccused-of-rape-for-the-love-of-money.amp.html
and comparing it to the situation Watson is going through now. No where did I mention Watson raped anyone or was accused of rapping anyone. Again, I was merely comparing the situations in the since that they both involve woman in different parts of the county accusing a QB of sexual assault. Idk how many woman are claiming sexual assault on Watson nor do I care, considering this isn’t my s*** storm, but I do know that there are some who are and if he is convicted (not saying that he will) he is done in the NFL. I’m not going into the situation where a QB named Colin (who is indeed done in the NFL) did far far less then what Watson is being accused of here. Granted the scenarios are different but I think your smart enough to understand my point.

Interesting indeed. Let's look at your post again. Notice where you say: "Ben had around six or seven women accuse him of straight up rape but not 22. Twenty two is a rather large number. It screams serial."

Its confusing the way you went from, "straight up rape," to, "Twenty-two is a rather large number," without clarifying your intent. But pardon our error, if we have all misread your post.

By the way, is Ben Roethlisber still in the league?

J817

Reaction score
Interesting indeed. Let's look at your post again. Notice where you say: "Ben had around six or seven women accuse him of straight up rape but not 22. Twenty two is a rather large number. It screams serial."

Its confusing the way you went from, "straight up rape," to, "Twenty-two is a rather large number," without clarifying your intent. But pardon our error, if we have all misread your post.

yea

InTheZone

Reaction score
he's not elite and whatever happened to all the allegations? Automatic 160 game ban, should've learned from zeke

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
you find out about a player after you sign them to a big deal.

Watson is a dummy, that's why he is in trouble off the field, and now what he is doing football wise is not smart either.
Other owners are not going to want a guy that turned on his team so quickly, and is making all sorts of demands.
He makes too much , and wont take a cut in pay, and he is not a proven winner.

Sound like a QB we know well. Dak is the poster boy for him.

J817

Reaction score

Not apologizing for it, but I do see the confusion. Understand I’m writing majority of my posts on my phone. Not putting to much emphasis on context or grammar. Perhaps the sentence you pointed out could of been proofread a little better. Perhaps a little more thought could have went into it idk. Im sure I won’t put in the effort in my next post about the matter. My opinion really doesn’t matter in the scheme of things right? So anyway, yea I meant to only use word “rape” relating to the Roethlisberger situation and not the Watson.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
No team will trade for this mental midget. He's an elite talent but a dunce when it comes to making life choices. Why in the world would a team trade valuable resources for a guy that might not even be available to play this year or even next? Its pretty rich that Deshaun thinks he can make demands of any sort at this moment. The kid is delusional. He's in no position. He's lucky he's still on a NFL team.I bet the Texans are looking to get their money back as we speak and rescind/void his deal.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sound like a QB we know well. Dak is the poster boy for him.
That comment makes no sense.

Dak does not have criminal complaints against him, is not facing lawsuits from 22 women alleging sexual misconduct, and has not asked to be traded after signing a big contract.

Those are the issues with Watson now, and they do not mirror anything Dak has done.

Last edited:

Turk

Reaction score
No team will trade for this mental midget. He's an elite talent but a dunce when it comes to making life choices. Why in the world would a team trade valuable resources for a guy that might not even be available to play this year or even next? Its pretty rich that Deshaun thinks he can make demands of any sort at this moment. The kid is delusional. He's in no position. He's lucky he's still on a NFL team.I bet the Texans are looking to get their money back as we speak and rescind/void his deal.
Well Vick kept getting chances...

there are other examples as well

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well Vick kept getting chances...

there are other examples as well
yes indeed, but in this day and age, I just cannot see it. Teams will try to trade for him, but at a very low price. No way is that guy in any position to ***** and moan, demand ANYTHING. He put his entire team in a bad way.