News: PFT: Will football fans embrace the XFL?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We’ve been through this before.....USFL....Vince mcmahons thing....
Europe football....answer is ....NO
I feel like you're not being direct enough.
What exactly are you trying to say?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Not just too bad,...yourself? Just getting ready for cocktail time here soon! :D
Chillin'. Wife's watching some Forensics show and I'm blasting peeps on a video game.
Probably going to think about what to make for dinner soon.
It's been a very pleasant day.
Probably going to take the dags on a nice, long walk.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If I was starting the xfl, I would have had all the uniforms be the same style, helmets too. Also simple uniforms with good colors.
Then I would make it so the games had a lot of scoring. People like offense, and exciting high scoring games.
I watched one of these, and final was 15-9, only 1 td scored, and that is no way to get fans interested.

The whole idea is to get people to watch the games, not present teams where defenses dominate.
Then the uniforms is like watching 2 college teams play only not as much scoring.
One helmet may have no stripes, another 1,2, or 3 stripes. They may be solid colored or 2 colors and the mascot on helmets, you cant tell what half of them are.
I'm watching Seattle and Tampa, and the unis look like they were drawn up for a cartoon.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm watching Seattle and Tampa, and the unis look like they were drawn up for a cartoon.
LOL or a comic book. Finally someone agrees with me!
I watched that game and the offenses are not very good which results
in low scoring games and that isnt good for a new league.

But the uniforms and mascot names and designs are just insane.
If you look at the cowboy uniform and helmet, it is very simple and clean design, and they are the most popular team, and I think the reason
is the uniform and helmets.

Cowboy helmet light metallic blue with a simple dark blue star on it.

The TB Vipers have a simple type logo on helmet, but the lime green
is just not a pro football color and I hate snakes so cant like it.
I mean what moron would choose snakes for their mascot ?????????:huh: no spiders and no snakes just doesnt work.

The dallas team was the marauders on tv, but in tv guide I use online
it says they are the renegades?
And really either one is sort of a negative mascot, because both are usually made up of undesirables doing bad things.
Seattle Dragons, awful looking uni, real dark blue pants and jersey, with some green and red. LOL not good color combos, and I dont care for solid color uni's.

So imo a new league should have 3 things
1.simple well thought out colors and uni's similar to cowboys style
and all uni's on each team should have same design helmets too.
2. helmets with simple mascot on it and more metallic colors and well thought out mascot choice and logo which is simple.
3. Great offense's, lots of scoring and td's and big plays
even if it is manipulated to be that way.
All 3 are what the afl did a long time ago, and as a kid I was an AFL fan
long before I got into cowboys or nfl games.
The main reason was they had more passing long plays for td's
more scoring, and nice looking uni's and helmets.

I have always liked the raiders helmets and Uni's, but the move to vegas
I am afraid they will now get new uni's and they will be crap like some other teams have gone to.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree. Last year in the one AAF year, S.A. blew away the other teams in attendance.
they did, and they had a pretty good team I saw 2 of their games, but
after that they were not on regular tv anymore, and that is essential.

Xfl is playing on sat and I like that, and on fox and abc.
I missed the early game but it was 37-0 game lol but saw vipers get beat again by seattle. will try and watch the dallas game sun.
The games are fun to watch, but just irritating because I can see where it could be so much better than it is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL or a comic book. Finally someone agrees with me!
I watched that game and the offenses are not very good which results
in low scoring games and that isnt good for a new league.

But the uniforms and mascot names and designs are just insane.
If you look at the cowboy uniform and helmet, it is very simple and clean design, and they are the most popular team, and I think the reason
is the uniform and helmets.

Cowboy helmet light metallic blue with a simple dark blue star on it.

The TB Vipers have a simple type logo on helmet, but the lime green
is just not a pro football color and I hate snakes so cant like it.
I mean what moron would choose snakes for their mascot ?????????:huh: no spiders and no snakes just doesnt work.

The dallas team was the marauders on tv, but in tv guide I use online
it says they are the renegades?
And really either one is sort of a negative mascot, because both are usually made up of undesirables doing bad things.
Seattle Dragons, awful looking uni, real dark blue pants and jersey, with some green and red. LOL not good color combos, and I dont care for solid color uni's.

So imo a new league should have 3 things
1.simple well thought out colors and uni's similar to cowboys style
and all uni's on each team should have same design helmets too.
2. helmets with simple mascot on it and more metallic colors and well thought out mascot choice and logo which is simple.
3. Great offense's, lots of scoring and td's and big plays
even if it is manipulated to be that way.
All 3 are what the afl did a long time ago, and as a kid I was an AFL fan
long before I got into cowboys or nfl games.
The main reason was they had more passing long plays for td's
more scoring, and nice looking uni's and helmets.

I have always liked the raiders helmets and Uni's, but the move to vegas
I am afraid they will now get new uni's and they will be crap like some other teams have gone to.
It's funny that you mention the Raiders. What you describe the Marauders or Renegades to represent is exactly what the Raiders represent, don't you think?

I agree with most of your points, but I actually kind of like the Marauders name and logo.

I think higher scoring games would be beneficial to the league as well, but not too high. I think maybe four or five good offensive drives, and the rest being good defense would be about right.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
they did, and they had a pretty good team I saw 2 of their games, but
after that they were not on regular tv anymore, and that is essential.

Xfl is playing on sat and I like that, and on fox and abc.
I missed the early game but it was 37-0 game lol but saw vipers get beat again by seattle. will try and watch the dallas game sun.
The games are fun to watch, but just irritating because I can see where it could be so much better than it is.
It's only week two. Hopefully it'll get better.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Football fans like the idea of more football. But do they really want more football? The next experiment begins in only two days. The XFL is back, after a 19-year absence. Fueled by the reality that people who will be placing legal sports wagers will need more sports on which to wager plus an investment [more]

Continue reading...
C'mon, give it a try. :oops:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The QB play is what is killing it. When Cardale Jones is your best one, it is not very good.
Agreed, the QB play was bad in the game I watched today. The rushing game wasn't very good either, from what I saw. I only caught the game from the end of the first half though, so I clearly can't give an informed opinion of the league as a whole.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I only just realized the Desperadoes aren’t still playing. And I liked them.
I guess I can take it or leave it when it comes to football that isn’t the NFL.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
So far I can’t complain. I like the kickoffs better than the NFL and the 1, 2 & 3 point options after the TD. Makes the team that scores first have much more to think about. I’m anxious to see the Dallas offense with a starting QB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's funny that you mention the Raiders. What you describe the Marauders or Renegades to represent is exactly what the Raiders represent, don't you think?

I agree with most of your points, but I actually kind of like the Marauders name and logo.

I think higher scoring games would be beneficial to the league as well, but not too high. I think maybe four or five good offensive drives, and the rest being good defense would be about right.
You got me there lol I never really thought much about the raiders name!
I need to look at their helmet logo, I think it has swords on it so they would be like pirates?
Marauders is a ok name, but their logo on helmet is too big, not as big as the seattle dragons though, that thing covers entire helmet.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The QB play is what is killing it. When Cardale Jones is your best one, it is not very good.
the defenses are too much better than the offenses, and for a new league
that isnt good.
this is the season you either attract fans or you dont, higher scoring games,
and helping qb's would be in their best interests.
They dont review pass interference, and I saw one today where the guy was early
and didnt look back, and no call and they cant review it. that is the sort of thing that
hurts offense, and they should be helping offense.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I’m looking at the rosters. These guys aren’t even backup caliber NFL players. The stars of the league bounced around NFL practice squads. You’re better off watching local high school football.

Blake

Reaction score
The constant turnovers and poor QB play is already beginning to ruin the experience for me. Not sure how much more of this I can take. The XFL touts itself as a fast paced league with alot of scoring but that's impossible when the offenses are a joke.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Doug Flutie, Bobby Hebert - they were starting QBs in the USFL. It was good football, but killed itself by trying to move to the fall.

Leagues since then have had QBs who couldn't cut it in the NFL. You end up with some ugly football.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Even if the games are not arena football level of scoring I'm still enjoying the it. If anyone actually thought there wasn't going to be growing pains they were kidding themselves. They had a short training camp and are only two games in with guys who've never played together. It will take time for a polished product. I would hope people have some patience and allow the league to develop & grow.