News: PFT: YouTube TV is closing in on a Sunday Ticket deal

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If they take it out of bars that would be horrible

There are plenty of streaming devices that support YouTube. The only bad thing here that I see is you can't log into two Sunday Ticket accounts at the same time. Maybe they'll give you the option for number of devices, but currently 1 is all I get. Suppose it's going to require multiple subscriptions for an establishment to show enough games to keep people interested. That would kill the bars, I would think.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How is it going to work on YouTube tv. We gonna have to subscribe to Yutube?:huh: The NFL is just ridiculously greedy. I guess YouTube is better then Direct TV.

I'm guessing, hoping it won't require a subscription which is $65 per month. IF that's their plan then Google is making a mistake coz I have zero interest in subscribing to YouYube TV. Hell, that's $780 a year ........no way, at all.

I think what most, if not all fans want are flexible options to follow certain teams w/o a contract. For example, let's say for $99.00/$129.00 a year, I should be able to choose my choice of 5/6 games a week.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Last edited:

Silly

Reaction score
The biggest problem with live NFL games for me is all the commercials. I just can't sit through an hour of commercials anymore.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm guessing, hoping it won't require a subscription which is $65 per month. IF that's their plan then Google is making a mistake coz I have zero interest in subscribing to YouYube TV. Hell, that's $780 a year ........no way, at all.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/
You hit it on the head.:hammer:They are going to require the subscription. I don’t understand why the NFL does not just offer the package themselves for streaming.

Carson

Reaction score
They won’t if they can get a zillion dollars from another company.:mad:
I honestly feel like it would be more profitable. I would never pay for the Sunday ticket despite living in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida just based price. It is half the price I’m sure a lot of people like myself would get it specially for their team

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I honestly feel like it would be more profitable. I would never pay for the Sunday ticket despite living in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida just based price. It is half the price I’m sure a lot of people like myself would get it specially for their team
I thought the same way but by selling the rights for billions of dollars the league is taking no risk. Imagine having a product worth billions of dollars :laugh::omg:

VACowboy

Reaction score
I've had YouTube TV for over a year now and it's a great service.
If you don't mind your service provider tracking what you watch and when you watch it, and everything else about your viewing and other habits, stealing and selling it to the highest bidder. That is how Google makes its money, selling your personal information, and it's disgusting.

I've had Sunday Ticket since it was introduced and I'm not sure I'll continue if YouTube gets the contract.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sucks in this modern world they still won’t offer a per team package
A la carte sports programming was one business venture I wished Jerry Jones had considered challenging the league for financial gain. Dallas Cowboys' fans and perhaps fans of other Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex professional teams could have benefitted from a YES Network type broadcasting package that the New York Yankees, Brooklyn Nets, etc., offer. Jones is a price gouger but I think he could have produced an economical sports programming option for cable/satellite/streaming providers--at least far cheaper than what NFL Sunday Ticket has historically been in providing access to all teams.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Well, I had directv since 1996 because of the Sunday ticket. Finally changed to YouTube tv this year. Would be quite the coincidence if the ticket followed me.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...o-pay-2-5-billion-per-year-for-sunday-ticket/

Report: YouTube to pay $2.5 billion per year for Sunday Ticket
Posted by Mike Florio on December 21, 2022, 9:49

Talks with Google (the YouTube parent company) accelerated after Apple dropped out. Amazon was also involved; however, Ourand reports that Amazon “never got close” to the amount Google/YouTube will pay.

The Sunday Ticket package will be available on YouTube TV and YouTube Premium channels, if/when the deal is done. The price will be similar to the current DirecTV charge. That reportedly became the sticking point for Apple, which wanted to make the product less expensive for consumers.

As Alex Sherman of CNBC.com reported in June, the NFL’s deals with CBS and Fox prevent the NFL from offering Sunday Ticket at a significantly lower price. This helps maximize viewership of the games offered by CBS and Fox in a given market, by keeping people from purchasing the ability to watch all game

b0xZZ

Reaction score
2.5 billion per year is just an insane amount of money. Youtube is at the bottom of all streaming services, I cannot see them making up that kind of revenue via subscribers.