News: PFT: YouTube TV is closing in on a Sunday Ticket deal

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As Alex Sherman of CNBC.com reported in June, the NFL’s deals with CBS and Fox prevent the NFL from offering Sunday Ticket at a significantly lower price. This helps maximize viewership of the games offered by CBS and Fox in a given market, by keeping people from purchasing the ability to watch all game
Pure monopolistic corporate greed at its finest. lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously, a lot of us already have Amazon Prime, it would be a coup if we could get the NFL added to that membership as well.
After watching his Thursday Night Football package on Prime so far, I would Bezos would improve upon the quality of his broadcast before ever getting his hands on more games per week. He has a good format though.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching his Thursday Night Football package on Prime so far, I would Bezos would improve upon the quality of his broadcast before ever getting his hands on more games per week. He has a good format though.
The Prime game is pretty cool. Not as much of that silly video-game type out of focus background shtuff.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, if they get it, hopefully it makes their stock go up. I am taking a beating on Google.

I am also been wanting to dump DTV dish, and go to a streaming service. Got an e-mail DTV is raining the rates, again.
DTV does have a streaming service that is less. And I been researching off and on which streaming service best suits me.
You Tube was one of them, and Hulu the other. But it has been a year since I looked into it.

J12B

Reaction score
If you don't mind your service provider tracking what you watch and when you watch it, and everything else about your viewing and other habits, stealing and selling it to the highest bidder. That is how Google makes its money, selling your personal information, and it's disgusting.

I've had Sunday Ticket since it was introduced and I'm not sure I'll continue if YouTube gets the contract.

True.

But I really only watch sports or sports related shows.

All my other entertainment is on Netflix and HBO Max.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I finally ditched cable last summer and got YouTubeTV. Honestly I love it. A couple minor channels I don’t get and the streaming feeds are always a few seconds behind but overall I’m happy with the switch. I pay half of what I did for basically the same service.

love that YouTube landed Sunday ticket, just hope they roll it out well and don’t jack up the price!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m getting behind on my technology I’m assuming you need a smart TV to get YouTube TV? I’m going to be upgrading my TV soon. Those who have YouTube TV what do you think of it?

VACowboy

Reaction score
ALL services does this. Everywhere you go there is a camera also. Either from a store, a traffic camera, a doorbell or house security camera.
All services do NOT do what Google does. Google (sort of) developed Android and sells a few phones and other knick knacks, but Google is an advertisement company. They make their money harvesting user data and selling curated ads and information.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I will say this quietly...

The regular YouTubeTV subscription let's you change your current watching location via a device (that being your phone or a computer). And if you have a GPS location spoofer app on said device, you can then change your current location to get the local broadcasts from that spoofed location onto your TV or device. This has been a blessing for Cowboys games the last couple years as I live in New England.

Shhhh....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
ALL services does this. Everywhere you go there is a camera also. Either from a store, a traffic camera, a doorbell or house security camera.

I mean, it's a little bit different to have a camera on you so you don't...you know, steal from THEIR place. It's another when they take your data and sell it to competing countries for a profit.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Apple is out. Google is in.

Days after a report emerged that Apple, the perceived frontrunner for the Sunday Ticket package for months, has exited the bidding, multiple reports indicate that YouTube TV will land the package for 2023 and beyond.

YouTube TV could still sell limited satellite rights, for bars and for consumers in areas that lack access to sufficiently effective high-speed Internet access.

More: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/20/youtube-tv-is-closing-in-on-a-sunday-ticket-deal/
Thought Amazon was in play, are they out now as well?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I like the dvr. I have a big library of no add movies from TCM and Cowboy games.
ha ha, yes sir.
I still have VCR tapes of all games from 91 through 95.
Wife keeps wanting me to throw them out and I refuse.
Have to sleep by the door where they are stored at times to protect the treasure.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I will say this quietly...

The regular YouTubeTV subscription let's you change your current watching location via a device (that being your phone or a computer). And if you have a GPS location spoofer app on said device, you can then change your current location to get the local broadcasts from that spoofed location onto your TV or device. This has been a blessing for Cowboys games the last couple years as I live in New England.

Shhhh....
Can you actually get away with that? My Youtube TV settings say I can only change it once per year so I havent even tried it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m getting behind on my technology I’m assuming you need a smart TV to get YouTube TV? I’m going to be upgrading my TV soon. Those who have YouTube TV what do you think of it?
You will need a smart TV. It took a little getting used to but once you get in the habit of using an app instead of a standard cable/satellite box you'll be fine. Of all the TV streaming services I prefer YouTube TV.

Pros:
Cheaper than the majority of cable packages out there
Almost all major networks come included in the basic package (History isnt there and one other bigger one I hear people complain about them not having...A&E maybe? IDK)
No add on cost for DVR service
Phone/Computer app is nice for watching something on the go
Menus are set up to mimic most cable services so it's not too hard to navigate if you've never used a streaming service before
Free trial period is pretty good! When I signed up it was a month free, not sure if that is still the case or not.

Cons:
Live sports are a few seconds behind....not a big deal but occasionally you'll be a play behind. i'll get a text or read something in the game thread on here that already happened but I didnt see yet.
Depending on your current set up you may have to increase your internet speed to have a perfect picture
One of the pricier streaming options at $60+ per month, and my fear is that goes up to help pay for the Sunday Ticket
I dont get the regional sports networks where I am (Ohio). That may be just a me thing. Only real issue I have is with MLB.

Flamma

Reaction score
You will need a smart TV. It took a little getting used to but once you get in the habit of using an app instead of a standard cable/satellite box you'll be fine. Of all the TV streaming services I prefer YouTube TV.

Pros:
Cheaper than the majority of cable packages out there
Almost all major networks come included in the basic package (History isnt there and one other bigger one I hear people complain about them not having...A&E maybe? IDK)
No add on cost for DVR service
Phone/Computer app is nice for watching something on the go
Menus are set up to mimic most cable services so it's not too hard to navigate if you've never used a streaming service before
Free trial period is pretty good! When I signed up it was a month free, not sure if that is still the case or not.

Cons:
Live sports are a few seconds behind....not a big deal but occasionally you'll be a play behind. i'll get a text or read something in the game thread on here that already happened but I didnt see yet.
Depending on your current set up you may have to increase your internet speed to have a perfect picture
One of the pricier streaming options at $60+ per month, and my fear is that goes up to help pay for the Sunday Ticket
I dont get the regional sports networks where I am (Ohio). That may be just a me thing. Only real issue I have is with MLB.

Anytime I watch a game on my phone or computer, it is several plays behind.

The think about you tube TV is, I don't think it will save me much money, if any. I pay about 140 for internet and TV through the cable company. If you tube TV is 65, plus what I'll still have to pay for my internet connection, it comes out to nearly the same thing.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm guessing, hoping it won't require a subscription which is $65 per month. IF that's their plan then Google is making a mistake coz I have zero interest in subscribing to YouYube TV. Hell, that's $780 a year ........no way, at all.

I think what most, if not all fans want are flexible options to follow certain teams w/o a contract. For example, let's say for $99.00/$129.00 a year, I should be able to choose my choice of 5/6 games a week.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Unfortunately I think that would be the best case scenario. It's probably going to be a separate charge on top of that. Then how they offer it is anyone's guess. All or nothing like DTV did, by the week, or by the game, who knows? But I have a feeling you tube TV would be a requirement. There's zero chance I'm getting you tube TV on top of everything else I pay for. I don't give you tube a dime.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think that would be the best case scenario. It's probably going to be a separate charge on top of that. Then how they offer it is anyone's guess. All or nothing like DTV did, by the week, or by the game, who knows? But I have a feeling you tube TV would be a requirement. There's zero chance I'm getting you tube TV on top of everything else I pay for. I don't give you tube a dime.

Agree ......Just can't see how they can make paying $65 per month a requirement and expect anything near DirecTV numbers.