PFW Whisper: Roy Williams 11 Not Happy in Big D?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rkhaze;2411303 said:
Just saw this on foxsports.com

Roy Williams not happy with Cowboys role?

Cowboys sources say WR Roy E. Williams is starting to show some frustration over the fact that he hasn't been used more in his three games with the club (three catches for 38 yards and one TD), which already has to raise doubts about a Williams-Terrell Owens pairing working over the long term. With so many mouths and egos to feed, it might be difficult for QB Tony Romo and coordinator Jason Garrett to make everyone happy. -- Pro Football Weekly

pulled that one out of their arse didnt they

Givincer

Reaction score
Even if he is, so what?

He's played, what, 3 weeks with us, with Brad "The Absolute Worst Employed-NFL-Quarterback" Johnson starting every game? I'm sure he didn't exactly expect to be getting 10 receptions for 150 yards every week while that was the case.

He'll see what our offense is all about here shortly... His complaining now (if it's even taking place) is immaterial.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have gotten to the point that I don't buy into the Cowboys sources BS. If someone has something to say, then say it don't hide like some coward. I'm starting to think this is just a lazy reporters way of coming up with a story.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
rkhaze;2411303 said:

Cowboys sources say WR Roy E. Williams is starting to show some frustration over the fact that he hasn't been used more in his three games with the club (three catches for 38 yards and one TD), which already has to raise doubts about a Williams-Terrell Owens pairing working over the long term. With so many mouths and egos to feed, it might be difficult for QB Tony Romo and coordinator Jason Garrett to make everyone happy. -- Pro Football Weekly

How do you get this

Arch Stanton;2411337 said:
The original article.........

Saturday, November 8, 2008
John Niyo
Former Lion remains frustrated

Roy Williams is happy to be back home in Texas.

But nearly a month after he gained his freedom from Detroit, Williams isn't happy about his role with his new team, the Dallas Cowboys. The former Pro Bowl receiver, traded Oct. 14 for a package of draft picks, has caught just three passes in three games, and has been used mostly as a third-down possession receiver.

"It's frustrating for me, because I'm on the sidelines," Williams told reporters this week. "You can't do nothing on the sidelines."

Asked if he was possibly hurt, Williams replied, "Hurt? Yeah, my feelings."

He's not the only one grumbling, of course. As the Cowboys have struggled without starter Tony Romo (broken finger) the last few weeks, Terrell Owens has expressed his continuing frustration with the offense. The team went 1-2 in Romo's absence. And even in the lone bright spot, a 13-9 victory over Tampa Bay, it was ugly -- Dallas set a franchise record for fewest yards (172) in a victory.

"From here on out, all I can do is just run my routes and put what I do on film," said Owens, who has 136 receiving yards and one touchdown the last four games. "If I'm open and I don't get the ball, then I don't get the ball. There's nothing really I can do. I can't throw and catch the ball myself."

Williams, who signed a $45 million contract extension as Owens' heir apparent as the Cowboys' No. 1 receiver, sounds similarly resigned.

"I'm just doing my role -- that's my role (as the) third-down guy, red-zone guy," said Williams, adding that he hopes Romo's return will change things. "I'm on the sideline waiting. I feel like I'm in high school."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081108/OPINION03/811080347/1126/SPORTS0101

from that^^^

God I hate the media.

Givincer

Reaction score
"Hurt? Yeah, my feelings"

:laugh2:

One of the funniest lines ever?

Anyway, who can blame a wide receiver for being a little upset with not getting playing time. Especially a wide receiver of his caliber.

I don't blame Roy one bit, but I also don't expect the situation to continue; he'll be getting plenty more playing time soon. And he'll be able to do a lot more with the playing time he does get since he'll have an actual quarterback. Also, his offense will be on the field for more than 3 downs at a time, which should help out his badly aching feelings.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2411308 said:
Bull-**** Just Another Rumor To
Start Some Drama..

God I Hate This Stuff

Diva Roy #11, THAT DID NOT TAKE LONG.

Three catches in a month making - $9M per

Beep Beep
Thats Roy #11's brink backing up and taking JJ's cash

newsflash- Detroit has half next years Dallas draft - someone dial
911 - nevermind

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2411491 said:
How do you get this

from that^^^

God I hate the media.
it's a bunch of BS. notice this article comes out 5 days before Romo comes back.

Givincer

Reaction score
Nors;2411498 said:

Way to put things into perspective... :rolleyes:

How about maybe waiting a little while to judge if he's worth 9 million a year, rather than judging him on the three weeks our starting quarterback has literally been a man who is the worst employed NFL quarterback.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
rkhaze;2411303 said:

Andre Gurode not happy with Cowboys role ?

Cowboys sources say Center Andre Gurode isn't happy with his Center role. He wants to catch passes and be involved in defense plays also. Wade Phillips told Garett to find ways to involve big time thread Gurode in the passing game. Sources also say that Romo is very unhappy with this move because he will miss Gurodes luscious butt.

:banghead: :banghead:

dirt

Reaction score
this story is getting some legs.
The Detroit media was all abuzz on the talk shows today about this story. Absolutely giddy
I guess anything to take the focus of the absolute worst franchise in all of sports history.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
superpunk;2411323 said:
This. When Romo went down we handed the keys to this ferrari to an 87 year old Vietnamese woman. Frustration is inevitable.

Fortunately we can start to put that behind us.

Yeah, with half of it's cylinders not firing.............:banghead:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
alancdc;2411403 said:
Speaking of offenseive frustration.......Being here in Charlotte funny watching the Panthers-Raiders game yesterday I thought we had traded Brad Johnson to Carolina the way Delhomme played. I hope Williams and TO will have success this week. We have to win this football game.

I watched that game yesterday. That had more to do with oaklands defense which was flying all around.

Namdi asomugha is absolutely fantastic. He just took smith out of the game all by himself.

sinner

Reaction score
windward;2411313 said:
Oh dear god.

Maybe he's frustrated because of the lack of even average qb play?

Wait till Romo returns, until then this is a non story.

Everyone seems to think all our problems will be solved once Romo returns.
I hope that I'm wrong or maybe we've worked out our problems with this bye week.
I have my finger crossed, but.....

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Nors;2411498 said:

Beep Beep
Thats Roy #11's brink backing up and taking JJ's cash

newsflash- Detroit has half next years Dallas draft - someone dial
911 - nevermind
Half the draft huh...wow..thats alot...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2411564 said:
I watched that game yesterday. That had more to do with oaklands defense which was flying all around.

Namdi asomugha is absolutely fantastic. He just took smith out of the game all by himself.

Something else was also obvious...the Raiders were better without Deangelo Hall in their secondary.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
My only hope is that our inept coaching staff won't screw this up:mad: and not use him and T.O. at the same time to stretch the field and start some fireworks.

Screw the third down BS, line em up and let em go!!!!!!!!!!!!:starspin:starspin:starspin

AbeBeta

Reaction score
right. Roy understands that things are going to be very different with Romo under center.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Givincer;2411504 said:
Way to put things into perspective... :rolleyes:

How about maybe waiting a little while to judge if he's worth 9 million a year, rather than judging him on the three weeks our starting quarterback has literally been a man who is the worst employed NFL quarterback.

At some point Roy #11 needs to snare more than 3 catches a month to merit the $9M salary that we traded half 2009 draft to get.