Philadelphia Media Rips Eagles, Calls for Coach Nick Sirianni Firing After Meltdown

Dunks3001

Reaction score
More surprised to see this column written by Mike Fisher. Thought he only covered the Cowboys. Not sure why an Eagles site would post his stuff

edit: Oh, I guess it's SI.com which is where he works.

Redline360

Reaction score
I dont know what keeps on going on in Philly but let it continue.

Similar thing happened years ago with Wentz. Eagles looked like the next hottest thing and Wentz was putting an mvp season together. They won a superbowl while he was hurt and the rest is history. Plus his nagging injuries. Locker room / coaches seem to be cancerous after a few years together

jujoboys

Reaction score
Reports are circulating that the big problem in Philly has become Lurie. Supposedly he was heavily involved in choosing the assistant coaches this year and was heavily involved in the demotion of Desai for Matt Patricia as DC. The feeling is that Lurie hired Sirianni because he was a young inexperienced coach that Lurie could have influence over. I'm not sure how much credibility there is to this but Eagles' fans are talking about it on their forum. Apparently the media, especially Seth Joyner, is all over Lurie saying he is the problem. It's a blood bath on their forum right now. Everyone is taking a beating including Jeffrey Lurie, Howie Roseman, Nick Sirianni, the assistant coaches, and JALEN HURTS.

Hurts - they are all mad because the way that Hurts' contract is structured it is basically a 5 year guaranteed contract due to how Howie pushed all of the cap hits into voided years added to the contract. Trying to cut Hurts prior to 5 years would create an enormous dead cap hit. They are all complaining that he is a system guy that is only good in an RPO and that he is too dumb to make the proper reads to be anything else.

quickccc

Reaction score
LOL ... Typical mania - both fans and media presence. Suffer in their misery.

i'm also hearing in Philly, they are really hating the Shaq Leonard signing.

He cannot move. He's stiff and always a tick late.
his back issues has clearly made him a mere shell of former self.

Seems like we really lucked out big time with not signing him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reports are circulating that the big problem in Philly has become Lurie. Supposedly he was heavily involved in choosing the assistant coaches this year and was heavily involved in the demotion of Desai for Matt Patricia as DC. The feeling is that Lurie hired Sirianni because he was a young inexperienced coach that Lurie could have influence over. I'm not sure how much credibility there is to this but Eagles' fans are talking about it on their forum. Apparently the media, especially Seth Joyner, is all over Lurie saying he is the problem.
Has Jerry Jones' taint switched from Daniel Snyder to Jeffrey Lurie? Please say it's so.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

The same Shaq fans jumped on Jerry for not getting?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Everyone knew this..it wa clear on tape but I still would’ve kicked the tires. I say it time and time again it’s too late to try and fix a weakness that late in the season. The weakness won’t get fixed.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Reports are circulating that the big problem in Philly has become Lurie. Supposedly he was heavily involved in choosing the assistant coaches this year and was heavily involved in the demotion of Desai for Matt Patricia as DC. The feeling is that Lurie hired Sirianni because he was a young inexperienced coach that Lurie could have influence over. I'm not sure how much credibility there is to this but Eagles' fans are talking about it on their forum. Apparently the media, especially Seth Joyner, is all over Lurie saying he is the problem. It's a blood bath on their forum right now. Everyone is taking a beating including Jeffrey Lurie, Howie Roseman, Nick Sirianni, the assistant coaches, and JALEN HURTS.

Hurts - they are all mad because the way that Hurts' contract is structured it is basically a 5 year guaranteed contract due to how Howie pushed all of the cap hits into voided years added to the contract. Trying to cut Hurts prior to 5 years would create an enormous dead cap hit. They are all complaining that he is a system guy that is only good in an RPO and that he is too dumb to make the proper reads to be anything else.
The thing that is bothering me about Hurts right now is the thing I championed him for in the past-- his poise and leadership.

I'm not writing the guy off because I do think he'll bounce back, but if I were a Philly fan I'd be concerned for sure.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I think he stinks and can’t stand Sirianni but that fanbase is pathetic. You argue he’s one of the best coaches in the league 4 months ago and now want him fired after making the SB.

How about take a look at the guy who built the roster and hold him accountable?
If he did lose the locker room as suggested then either he has to go or half the players do.