Philadelphia Media Rips Eagles, Calls for Coach Nick Sirianni Firing After Meltdown

jujoboys

Reaction score
LOL ... Typical mania - both fans and media presence. Suffer in their misery.

i'm also hearing in Philly, they are really hating the Shaq Leonard signing.

He cannot move. He's stiff and always a tick late.
his back issues has clearly made him a mere shell of former self.

Seems like we really lucked out big time with not signing him.
They are not only blasting that move but they are blasting the move to get Kevin Byard. No one on that team, coaching staff, or front office is safe from their hate right now except for a few guys like Kelce, Lane Johnson, Brandon Graham, and Fletcher Cox.

If this continues to go sideways and Kelce, Graham, and Cox decide retiring is the next option then the Eagles are staring $52 million of dead cap space in the face from just those 3 guys.

jujoboys

Reaction score
The thing that is bothering me about Hurts right now is the thing I championed him for in the past-- his poise and leadership.

I'm not writing the guy off because I do think he'll bounce back, but if I were a Philly fan I'd be concerned for sure.
His demeanor/pouting on the sideline and sitting by himself on the bench is not a good look. It's also funny that when they show him go sit on the bench after a bad play or series you never see him with an ipad in his hand or assistant coaches with an ipad talking to him. Other QBs always seem to be looking at those things trying to figure things out. Maybe he sits and stews for a while before grabbing one? Personally, I think the big problem is their OC. Hurts can be salvaged with the right coaches, players, and the right system. The mistake was when people tried to elevate him to be right there with Mahomes. Unlike Mahomes, he needs the right players, coaches, and scheme to be successful.

quickccc

Reaction score
Reports are circulating that the big problem in Philly has become Lurie. Supposedly he was heavily involved in choosing the assistant coaches this year and was heavily involved in the demotion of Desai for Matt Patricia as DC. The feeling is that Lurie hired Sirianni because he was a young inexperienced coach that Lurie could have influence over. I'm not sure how much credibility there is to this but Eagles' fans are talking about it on their forum. Apparently the media, especially Seth Joyner, is all over Lurie saying he is the problem. It's a blood bath on their forum right now. Everyone is taking a beating including Jeffrey Lurie, Howie Roseman, Nick Sirianni, the assistant coaches, and JALEN HURTS.

Hurts - they are all mad because the way that Hurts' contract is structured it is basically a 5 year guaranteed contract due to how Howie pushed all of the cap hits into voided years added to the contract. Trying to cut Hurts prior to 5 years would create an enormous dead cap hit. They are all complaining that he is a system guy that is only good in an RPO and that he is too dumb to make the proper reads to be anything else.
if the Eagles HC would intervene or make adjustments, he'd make the RBs more of a factor in the run game - as well as pass game, to take more heat off Hurts.

i've heard this system and gimmick only before in Baltimore with Lamar. and i've seen Hurts & co move and down the field with RPO's and pass game. but as with any system and offense, you have to keep evolving and expanding, else teams film an counter scheme you.

And it does not help matters at all when you have to keep up cuz your defense utterly sux ! ..and your primary WR is also is being a big distraction when the going gets tough .

and all those brilliant trades, signings and drafts are suddenly not coming thru as did the Reddick, AJ Brown and Swifts moves did

- Remember Philly Eagles HC Doug Pederson got bounced out after shortly winning a SB over dynasty NE Pats ? Will current HC Siranni also soon be a part of another HC overhaul firing - soon after a near SB win vs KC Chiefs ?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
His demeanor/pouting on the sideline and sitting by himself on the bench is not a good look. It's also funny that when they show him go sit on the bench after a bad play or series you never see him with an ipad in his hand or assistant coaches with an ipad talking to him. Other QBs always seem to be looking at those things trying to figure things out. Maybe he sits and stews for a while before grabbing one? Personally, I think the big problem is their OC. Hurts can be salvaged with the right coaches, players, and the right system. The mistake was when people tried to elevate him to be right there with Mahomes. Unlike Mahomes, he needs the right players, coaches, and scheme to be successful.
Exactly

The thing I always liked about Hurts was I felt like he had the right mindset to persevere.

He may be limited in an area of skill, but he'll make up for it in work ethic and ability elsewhere-- basically the opposite of a combine warrior.

To me it's the most important thing a QB can have. But right now he's not showing that.

quickccc

Reaction score
isn't Siranni supposedly an offensive mind himself ?

if so, isn't the offense is supposed to go thru him ? or is the OC role being forced on Siranni, ala Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

i don't think Hurts is elite QB, (ditto with Tua in miami) and i do not think he has the pure pass potential to be a Stroud but if he had a strong enuff supporting cast, ( per coach ) he does needs/can be to be solid enuff factoring- per moving the ball and scoring when in position, but he cannot play both sides of the ball. And cannot force the HC to run the ball, or involve the RBs much more in the offense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he did lose the locker room as suggested then either he has to go or half the players do.
He should be given the shot to regain the locker room and yeah half of those players are either too old or aren’t worth a damn. I can’t name 5 players under 30 I’d even keep.

Flamma

Reaction score
Firing Sirianni would be just as ridiculous as firing McCarthy.
Almost every Philly talking head expected them to lose one or more of their last 3 remaining games.

They're not calling for him to be fired after the season. They want him out before the playoffs. They wanted him fired after the loss to Arizona. I can understand why. This isn't just a losing streak, this is a collapse. Dallas lost to two good teams in a row and didn't collapse. They stopped playing for this coach.

I don't want to see their coach fired right now. I don't want them to get any boost. Let them go to Tampa and get blown out. Because that's what is going to happen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

if so, isn't the offense is supposed to go thru him ? or is the OC role being forced on Siranni, ala Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

i don't think Hurts is elite QB, (ditto with Tua in miami) and i do not think he has the pure pass potential to be a Stroud but if he had a strong enuff supporting cast, ( per coach ) he does needs/can be to be solid enuff factoring- per moving the ball and scoring when in position, but he cannot play both sides of the ball. And cannot force the HC to run the ball, or involve the RBs much more in the offense.
I think we are finding out Sirianni may not have any idea what to do on offense. The fact they run motion less than anyone in the league tells me he’s just trying to get by based on skill.

Reaction score

The unwashed masses love getting their pound of flesh when things go wrong even if the wrong people are punished. I dislike Siriani but hiring a new OC and DC ain't no small thing to a football team,,,, it's everything! Odds are that DQ will be gone next season and there's a good chance the new DC might need a little time to be successful.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Think their Defensive Coordinator is toast for sure. Remains to be seen about Siriani. They do have a record of letting go quickly on Head Coaches, regardless of Playoff Wins.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
somebody has to post that usual trooling the Eagles thread...more Cry Siriani Cry emojis too. Plent of shots of him, it's priceless

jujoboys

Reaction score

According to Jonathan Gannon (former Eagles DC and HC Cardinals) Nick Sirianni basically demoted himself as OC in 2021 and let Shane Steichen take over as OC. Steichen finished 2021 as the OC and remained the OC through 2022, during their Super Bowl season, before leaving to be the HC of the Colts. Gannon states he was the one that came up with the idea for Steichen to be OC. So when Steichen left the Eagles promoted an inexperienced Brian Johnson to OC. The Eagles' fans and Seth Joyner are saying Lurie was the one who wanted to promote Brian Johnson from within. The hope is that he would do well and get a HC job like the guy before him and net the Eagles a 3rd round pick due to the Eagles producing a minority HC. Below is how Gannon said the discussion went with Sirianni.

At that point, the Eagles were 2-5. “So give the play-calling to Shane,” Gannon suggested, referring to offensive coordinator Shane Steichen. “Well, they're gonna look at me like I'm a failure,” Gannon remembers Sirianni saying. “Who gives a [expletive]?” Gannon replied.