Philadelphia Media Rips Eagles, Calls for Coach Nick Sirianni Firing After Meltdown

Flamma

Reaction score
There is a growing contingent of fans that want him gone. I think the DC and OC are definitely out. I see both sides of the argument. Tough to get rid of a guy that has been as successful as he has but on the other hand his offensive system looks stale and players are going rogue and doing their own thing which is a problem. In the end I think Lurie gives him another year with new coordinators.
It's going to depend on what happens in Tampa. I don't mean win or lose, I mean effort. They gave up against the Giants. There was no fight, no hustle. If that carries over to the game against Tampa, they have no choice but to fire the coach. They're not playing for him.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I could see that. Given that Sirianni's seat is likely to be hot next year, I could see him trying to find a coach that can really help Hurts for you guys. I think, if the Chargers get Harbaugh, then I could see you guys hiring Brian Griese, QB coach of the 49ers (who I think the Chargers get if they don't hire Harbaugh). As for defence, that was a big weakness for you guys, so, who knows where you go there. Then again, all it took was Micah Parsons and DQ, and our defence went from the worst to one of the best, so who knows?
The O definitely needs some work. Not enough easy reads and quick throws, especially over the middle.
Defense is a major work on progress. Both CB’s are old, LB’s are horrid and you have two guys on the DL ready to retire.

Re: Defence? You British, Canadian? My Mom is actually Canadian so I’m used to seeing defence, colour and cheque.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
It's going to depend on what happens in Tampa. I don't mean win or lose, I mean effort. They gave up against the Giants. There was no fight, no hustle. If that carries over to the game against Tampa, they have no choice but to fire the coach. They're not playing for him.
Think you’re probably right.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The O definitely needs some work. Not enough easy reads and quick throws, especially over the middle.
Defense is a major work on progress. Both CB’s are old, LB’s are horrid and you have two guys on the DL ready to retire.

Re: Defence? You British, Canadian? My Mom is actually Canadian so I’m used to seeing defence, colour and cheque.

Haha, half-English, and I do go there once every few years. I have a lot of family and friends there.

I think your defence needs rebuilding tbh. You have a lot of older players there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yeah, I think if the Eagles get destroyed by the Bucs, which I could see happen given their form of late, I think Lurie likely sacks Sirianni. Especially given the rebuilding that needs to be done. I could see AJ Brown ending up traded if a team offered him a lot. Especially with how upset he seems to be of late. I could see a lot of players getting moved if they have to give Sirianni the sack.