Philips Confirmed Roy Williams To Be Integral Part Of Offense..

Reaction score
Coach Wade Phillips confirmed that Roy E. Williams is ready to be an integral part of the Cowboys' offense coming off a bye week.

"We think so," Phillips said. "Roy made a big play in the Tampa game (Week 9) that helped us win that game, and we've tried to work him into the offense." Williams figures to start at Washington opposite Terrell Owens Sunday.
Source: Washington Post

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Thats good news, hopefully that equals production also

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2414911 said:
Coach Wade Phillips confirmed that Roy E. Williams is ready to be an integral part of the Cowboys' offense coming off a bye week.

"We think so," Phillips said. "Roy made a big play in the Tampa game (Week 9) that helped us win that game, and we've tried to work him into the offense, but it was too difficult without a competent qb with Romo injured." Williams figures to start at Washington opposite Terrell Owens Sunday.
Fixed it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2414919 said:
This should open up Owens one on one.

Not - teams will continue to roll coverage to TO and frustrate him. Time for Roy #11 to shut up and catch some footballs

Doomsday101

Reaction score

"We think so," Phillips said. "Roy made a big play in the Tampa game (Week 9) that helped us win that game, and we've tried to work him into the offense." Williams figures to start at Washington opposite Terrell Owens Sunday.

I like hearing that. With the bye week Roy should be pretty much up to speed on the offensive playbook I'm looking forward to seeing him starting opposite TO

Nexx

Reaction score
so... is crayton gonna throw a fit being demoted? i hope not, but i would love to see him thrive in the slot where he belongs. how about some 4 WR sets with TO, Roy, Crayton and Austin?

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score

Very convincing

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2414947 said:
WR confirmed as important part of offense.

Stop the presses!

I know, right? We give up three draft choices and sign this guy to a big contract and I have to be told he is going to be an integral part of the offense?

***?

Thanks Wade. Let us know when you divulge that water is wet, too. Sweet, there is some retardation sweeping across the land.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation, Wade. We really needed to know this.:laugh2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nexx;2414934 said:
so... is crayton gonna throw a fit being demoted? i hope not, but i would love to see him thrive in the slot where he belongs. how about some 4 WR sets with TO, Roy, Crayton and Austin?

He shouldn't be IMO. He's been more effective in the slot than he's been opposite TO.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2414947 said:
WR confirmed as important part of offense.

Stop the presses!

"Phillips later conceded that he might have a slight weight problem."

cowboys2233

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2415049 said:
RW needs to be a big part of this game.

I am looking forward to watching our passing game with Romo back in the lineup, should be pretty dang lethal.

Owens, Witten, Crayton, and now Williams? I'm sorry, but as cynical as I currently am about this team, this lineup should really cause some significant matchup problems. Hopefully, we can exploit them.

Longer-term -- if we wind up going into the Meadowlands as a wildcard winner and turn the tables on the Giants and smoke them in their own stadium, that is going to be a beautiful thing. I mean, right up there with the 1992 NFC championship win against the 49ers.

Too far away, I know.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I really, really hope that we target receiver Roy a whole lot in this game. I think if receiver Roy could have a big, breakout game it would cause the rest of the teams we play a lot of difficulty game planning for our offense.

Until Roy comes out and really hurts a team, they're still going to focus on taking T.O. out of the game and take their chances elsewhere. T.O. has proven he'll hurt you catching passes in this offense... receiver Roy hasn't. I know he can and you know he can... but until he does it, teams won't pull people off of T.O. or Witten to cover him.

I hope we throw the ball in his direction a LOT. Because with Romo's accuracy and receiver Roy's hands and ability... a lot of those passes will result in big plays.