Philips Confirmed Roy Williams To Be Integral Part Of Offense..

cowboys2233

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2415073 said:
I hope we throw the ball in his direction a LOT. Because with Romo's accuracy and receiver Roy's hands and ability... a lot of those passes will result in big plays.

That is the biggest reason for my excitement -- I'm not a huge RW fan, and I would be far less optimistic if we had an average QB.

But we don't -- we have an exceptional QB with exceptional accuracy. May God keep him healthy for the rest of the year so we have a chance.

Aven8

Reaction score
Tony is going to love this guy!!!!! Just throw them up and he will go up and get them!! Don't be surprised if he has over 100 yds receiving on Sunday!!!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2414911 said:
Coach Wade Phillips confirmed that Roy E. Williams is ready to be an integral part of the Cowboys' offense coming off a bye week.

"We think so," Phillips said. "Roy made a big play in the Tampa game (Week 9) that helped us win that game, and we've tried to work him into the offense." Williams figures to start at Washington opposite Terrell Owens Sunday.
Source: Washington Post

Way to go out on a limb. Does anybody associated with this team know what's going on at any given point? Geez!!

No way in HELL roy will be playbook ready. We got guys been here 2 years that ain't playbook ready. Newman isn't gonna be "ready". I don't think he's in football shape.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;2415090 said:
Way to go out on a limb. Does anybody associated with this team know what's going on at any given point? Geez!!

No way in HELL roy will be playbook ready. We got guys been here 2 years that ain't playbook ready. Newman isn't gonna be "ready". I don't think he's in football shape.

why wouldn't he be play book readY?

Seven

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2415103 said:
why wouldn't he be play book readY?

Because he hasn't been here long enough. And with the days off, increases the curve just a smidge.............

Reaction score
Seven;2415090 said:

Do you know what's going on? Doesn't sound like it. RW said their playbook in Detroit was similar to Dallas playbook. They both use the number tree system.

Newman will be fine. Newman was fine last year after being out with the plantar fascia tear. These guys get into shape very fast.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;2415111 said:
Because he hasn't been here long enough. And with the days off, increases the curve just a smidge.............

I think 4 weeks is enough time for a veteran pro bowl WR such as himself.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Seven;2415090 said:
I don't think he's in football shape.

Am I missing something? He went through training camp and played the first part of the season in Detroit. He should easily be in football shape.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
why are we telling the opponents what we are going to do?

CoCo

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2415142 said:
Am I missing something? He went through training camp and played the first part of the season in Detroit. He should easily be in football shape.

Last time I checked, what they play in Detroit is not called football. :laugh2:

then again, I think maybe they beat us last time we played...

CoCo

Reaction score
I'm still in low expectations mode for Roy Williams contributions. Wades comments mean nothing to me. Show me production. These supposed blockbuster deals sometimes don't deliver the bang you think they will.

I'm not pessimistic, nor predicting doom. I just am keeping my expectations low until we start seeing payoff.

The Tampa TD was SWEET! I love adding that weapon at the goal line.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CoCo;2415172 said:
I'm still in low expectations mode for Roy Williams contributions. Wades comments mean nothing to me. Show me production. These supposed blockbuster deals sometimes don't deliver the bang you think they will.

I'm not pessimistic, nor predicting doom. I just am keeping my expectations low until we start seeing payoff.

I think i'd believe Wade more if Felix had more touches during the season.....

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
CoCo;2415172 said:

It was a nice TD... and that isn't luck. He has really good balls skills and body control and he has terrific size to go along with it. There isn't one good reason why he shouldn't be a very good receiver for us. Get the ball close and he will catch it.

Seven

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2415180 said:
It was a nice TD... and that isn't luck. He has really good balls skills and body control and he has terrific size to go along with it. There isn't one good reason why he shouldn't be a very good receiver for us. Get the ball close and he will catch it.

Proof read, please. :eek::

Seven

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2415142 said:

Yes, you are missing something. I didn't say Roy was not in football shape. I said he isn't in play book shape.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2415073 said:
I really, really hope that we target receiver Roy a whole lot in this game. I think if receiver Roy could have a big, breakout game it would cause the rest of the teams we play a lot of difficulty game planning for our offense.

Until Roy comes out and really hurts a team, they're still going to focus on taking T.O. out of the game and take their chances elsewhere. T.O. has proven he'll hurt you catching passes in this offense... receiver Roy hasn't. I know he can and you know he can... but until he does it, teams won't pull people off of T.O. or Witten to cover him.

I hope we throw the ball in his direction a LOT. Because with Romo's accuracy and receiver Roy's hands and ability... a lot of those passes will result in big plays.

:hammer:

ROy would also be a great weapon against man-coverage, he's a big body who knows how to use it, just throw the ball in his area and he'll get it, he doesn't have to be completely open

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CoCo;2415172 said:

There's nothing wrong with that. He came in without the benefit of the off season here. 2009 and on he should be a true weapon in this offense. Anything he gives us this year is gravy. I think the true benefit is having Crayton in the slot. IMO it increases his skills so much.

Seven

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2415113 said:
Do you know what's going on? Doesn't sound like it.

Yeah. And I wish you did. Your chest thumping posts would be non-existent.

RW said their playbook in Detroit was similar to Dallas playbook. They both use the number tree system.

And Barney uses songs. Your point? He's just been introduced to 53 guys and a playbook as thick as Gone with the Wind. Ever hear of "Chemistry"? No, it isn't the class you consistently fail.

Newman will be fine. Newman was fine last year after being out with the plantar fascia tear. These guys get into shape very fast.

I was commenting on his "endurance/stamina" not his boo-boo's. :rolleyes:

Do you know what's going on?

Walmart.

Full length mirror.

6 Bucks.

Use as directed.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad RW11 will be an integral part of our offense.

After all, we gave up half our draft to get him. :rolleyes: