Philips Confirmed Roy Williams To Be Integral Part Of Offense..

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hostile;2415275 said:
There's nothing wrong with that. He came in without the benefit of the off season here. 2009 and on he should be a true weapon in this offense. Anything he gives us this year is gravy. I think the true benefit is having Crayton in the slot. IMO it increases his skills so much.

You're right , Hos. Nothing wrong with that. In fact I expect him to struggle.

And again............watch out for next season. I love this kid. Look up "Baller" in the 'ol Funk-n-Wagnel..............Pic of Roy. THEEE receiver.

Like I gotta tell YOU that.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2415271 said:
:hammer:

ROy would also be a great weapon against man-coverage, he's a big body who knows how to use it, just throw the ball in his area and he'll get it, he doesn't have to be completely open

This is true, Bob. BUT, you know there's plays where he's at least gotta be in the area. Cut in instead of out kinda gig. Post, fly, flag, skinny.They all have an end, right? Tony loves to throw it before the routes complete. Roy needs the QB/Him timing. It will come. We will be amazed. But not consistently this year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Reading this, and watching his interview from today, I'm so stoked about him playing big time this weekend. His confidence is so infectious man.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2415275 said:
There's nothing wrong with that. He came in without the benefit of the off season here. 2009 and on he should be a true weapon in this offense. Anything he gives us this year is gravy. I think the true benefit is having Crayton in the slot. IMO it increases his skills so much.

I agree with this as well. It's the part of it that I believe is being heavily over looked. This will put Crayton in his better, more natural, spot of playing in the slot.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Start Roy.
Start Jenkins.
Start Spencer.
Sit Crayton.
Sit Henry.
Sit Ellis.

And Two weeks ago:
Start Brooks.
Sit Brad.

Are these hard decisions? Why do you have to draw them out? The coaches indecisiveness is hurting us. Hope we see a change this Sunday.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2415332 said:
Start Roy.
Start Jenkins.
Start Spencer.
Sit Crayton.
Sit Henry.
Sit Ellis.

And Two weeks ago:
Start Brooks.
Sit Brad.

Are these hard decisions? Why do you have to draw them out? The coaches indecisiveness is hurting us. Hope we see a change this Sunday.

sit Proctor
start Holland
sit James
start Burnett

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2415175 said:
I think i'd believe Wade more if Felix had more touches during the season.....

:laugh2: You were one of the guys that was bashing the FO because we drafted Felix. You were all up in Chris Johnsons jock, playing with his you know whats...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo will be a busy man, trying to keep T.O. and Witten happy plus featuring Roy.
Can his finger hold up?
If so, it could be fireworks and the defense just might show up . . . .

Hey, Boys, let's start playing like you can, if only for your dignity.
Cowboys 31 Skins 19.

Take it to the bank.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
little by little i'm getting pumped for sunday nights game. williams on one side, T.O on the other, with Romo at the helm. hopefully our offense is in sink!

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Patrick Crayton could turn into an Antonio Bryant, minus the justified reason. But at least when he looks up at who towers above him it won't be Terry Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson and Joey Galloway. That would throw spite in the best of them.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I'm betting we come out and try to run it down their throat and wait for the multiple oneONone coverage. The Commanders have just heard that we will be starting RW11 opposite TO, they'll be busy all week trying to figure out how to stop that, along with Witten. We run until they give up on that mid-game.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2415113 said:
Do you know what's going on? Doesn't sound like it. RW said their playbook in Detroit was similar to Dallas playbook. They both use the number tree system.

Newman will be fine. Newman was fine last year after being out with the plantar fascia tear. These guys get into shape very fast.

I am still a little concerned with Newman. Even though he wasn't 100%, he got toasted like a marshmallow last time against Washington.

BraveHeartFan;2415304 said:
Reading this, and watching his interview from today, I'm so stoked about him playing big time this weekend. His confidence is so infectious man.
I'm stoked as well, just not as stoked as I was when I thought Felix was playing. I can't wait for ALL the weapons to get back on the field.

DaBoys4Life;2415347 said:
sit Proctor
start Holland
sit James
start Burnett

Here's another....actually use our #2 running back more, whether it be Felix or Choice...learn something from the Giants and Titans.

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2416657 said:
I am still a little concerned with Newman. Even though he wasn't 100%, he got toasted like a marshmallow last time against Washington.

I'm stoked as well, just not as stoked as I was when I thought Felix was playing. I can't wait for ALL the weapons to get back on the field.

Here's another....actually use our #2 running back more, whether it be Felix or Choice...learn something from the Giants and Titans.

I went to the Skins/ Cowboys game and you can tell he wasn't right, especially the play where Killer didn't pick up Newmans man after he slipped.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2416953 said:
I went to the Skins/ Cowboys game and you can tell he wasn't right, especially the play where Killer didn't pick up Newmans man after he slipped.
he sucked that game and I hope you're not blaming that td on killa?

Reaction score
Rampage;2417028 said:
he sucked that game and I hope you're not blaming that td on killa?

Whatever! Killer was suppose to pick him up and didn't. But whatever! The bottom line is the Newman should be like the old Newman. I think Newman will fare much better this time against Moss.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2417040 said:
Whatever! Killer was suppose to pick him up and didn't. But whatever! The bottom line is the Newman should be like the old Newman. I think Newman will fare much better this time against Moss.
he had no time to pick him up. that was all on Newman. I don't expect him to be tnew of old cause he's missed so much time. but I sure hope he can be tnew of old.