Phillips: Witten Ankle Sprained...

Reaction score
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips revealed Monday that Jason Witten aggravated his sprained ankle in Week 16 against Baltimore.

Phillips said he's "concerned" with Witten's sprain and indicated that it may keep him out of Dallas' regular season finale at Philadelphia. This would be a huge loss for a team that can secure a postseason berth with a win. The Cowboys would have to start rookie Martellus Bennett if Witten can't play.

rotoworld.com

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2519022 said:
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips revealed Monday that Jason Witten aggravated his sprained ankle in Week 16 against Baltimore.

Phillips said he's "concerned" with Witten's sprain and indicated that it may keep him out of Dallas' regular season finale at Philadelphia. This would be a huge loss for a team that can secure a postseason berth with a win. The Cowboys would have to start rookie Martellus Bennett if Witten can't play.

rotoworld.com

Sorry guys, typo on my part, should of been anle, not knee.. Sorry

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
well a ton of people in here were saying Bennett is just as good as JW, I guess they get their wish and we all find out.:bang2:

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2519030 said:
well a ton of people in here were saying Bennett is just as good as JW, I guess they get their wish and we all find out.:bang2:

One less weapon if the ankle injury keeps Witten out.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2519033 said:
One less weapon if the ankle injury keeps Witten out.

not necessarily... this allows us to move Wade Phillips to TE

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Not that I'm complaining or anything...but for an officiating crew to call Bradie James for a late hit and NOT call that wallop Witten took in the endzone on the TD play in which he came up lame...was...well....lame.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
witten has his best games against the eagles. they simply have no one to match up with him.

I cant imagine he doesnt play sunday. Even if it is only sparingly.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Bennett is no Witten, but I'm not as concerned as I would be if Bennett hadn't shown himself to be a playmaker a few times.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Juke99;2519052 said:
Not that I'm complaining or anything...but for an officiating crew to call Bradie James for a late hit and NOT call that wallop Witten took in the endzone on the TD play in which he came up lame...was...well....lame.

Yes, that should have been a penalty in the EZ.

I see players from all teams getting hit late while laying on the ground lately too, .. no place for that in football.

I love football, and loved to hit, but it has to be clean to be appreciated.

- Inside the white lines, before the whistle blows, and before the guy is down. -

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2519030 said:

Who is this Martellus Bennett person you speak of?

2much2soon

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2519030 said:

Dallas could do much, much worse than having a guy with Bennett's talent filling in for Witten.
Weren't some people doom and glooming it when Choice had to fill in for MBlll? How'd that work out?
Witten is admittedly a great player but it is a huge mistake to think someone else, Bennett in this case, can't come in and get the job done.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Juke99;2519052 said:

Thats for sure!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2519059 said:
Yes, that should have been a penalty in the EZ.

I see players from all teams getting hit late while laying on the ground lately too, .. no place for that in football.

I love football, and loved to hit, but it has to be clean to be appreciated.

- Inside the white lines, before the whistle blows, and before the guy is down. -

I'm ok with however they call a game, just make the calls consistent. James pushed a guy while he was out of bounds. The Raven DB took a flying leap at Witten after he scored the TD and had in fact, take a few steps....pure garbage.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
aikemirv;2519077 said:
Thats for sure!

Maybe some century, the NFL will actually employ their officials on a full time basis....because this is getting more foolish by the year.

To have a multi billion dollar business have games impacted by part time employees is the height of insanity.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Juke99;2519052 said:

That was a clean hit.

The defense has every right to try and break up a play with a hit.