Phillips: Witten Ankle Sprained...

aikemirv

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2519115 said:
That was a clean hit.

The defense has every right to try and break up a play with a hit.

Possesion, 2 feet down in the endzone is a TD. I think Witten took 3-4 steps before getting nailed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2519030 said:
well a ton of people in here were saying Bennett is just as good as JW, I guess they get their wish and we all find out.:bang2:

Funny, you'd think I'd remember somebody that stupid getting tarred and feathered if he'd actually tried to make that argument.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The hits just keep on coming with our injuries this year. Again I don't remember the last time we have had so many injuries.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Idgit;2519143 said:
Funny, you'd think I'd remember somebody that stupid getting tarred and feathered if he'd actually tried to make that argument.

It was during the Witten is a snitch days. There were tons of them.:eek::

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2519022 said:
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips revealed Monday that Jason Witten aggravated his sprained ankle in Week 16 against Baltimore.

Phillips said he's "concerned" with Witten's sprain and indicated that it may keep him out of Dallas' regular season finale at Philadelphia. This would be a huge loss for a team that can secure a postseason berth with a win. The Cowboys would have to start rookie Martellus Bennett if Witten can't play.

rotoworld.com

Aren't you an Eagles fan now? I seem to remember you jumping ship. So not have Witten should be a good thing for you.

:rolleyes:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2519043 said:
Nothing is broken, .. Witten plays.

exactly, thats the only way it would keep him out. He played with his jaw wired shut for crying out loud

Smith22

Reaction score
Juke99;2519052 said:
Not that I'm complaining or anything...but for an officiating crew to call Bradie James for a late hit and NOT call that wallop Witten took in the endzone on the TD play in which he came up lame...was...well....lame.
That penalty was pure crap, especially considering it moved the ball into Fg range. Weak call.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
The Panch;2519195 said:
The same was said about Barber.
Barber can't handle being a starter. Witten can and I don't know who was calling Marion the toughest player in the league.

The Panch

Reaction score
Rampage;2519292 said:
Barber can't handle being a starter. Witten can and I doubt know who was calling Marion the toughest player in the league.
Im just saying even the injuries that dont sound that bad can put you out and your rep cant change that.

newlander

Reaction score
I thought the hit on Witten was borderline in the end zone. The thing is, the guy had already launched himself as Witten caught the ball: kinda hard to alter your flight pattern in midair.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Faerluna;2519058 said:
Bennett is no Witten, but I'm not as concerned as I would be if Bennett hadn't shown himself to be a playmaker a few times.
Bennett may have more big play ability, but he is not near as solid or reliable.

notherbob

Reaction score
Juke99;2519052 said:
Not that I'm complaining or anything...but for an officiating crew to call Bradie James for a late hit and NOT call that wallop Witten took in the endzone on the TD play in which he came up lame...was...well....lame.

Easy...the ball carrier was on the wrong side of the sideline, so the official threw the flag while Witten on the other hand was clearly on the wrong side of the point spread so the official didn't throw the flag. It's basic football 101

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I hope Witten plays. I don't think there is anyone tougher.

When it happened, I said he wouldn't play.

However, Tony Romo has plenty of weapons on this team. He just needs to use him.

Bennett is a freak. Use him.

Curtis will have to step up with his blocking.

Roy Williams
T.O.
Choice
Bennett
Crayton
Austin

We still have more weapons than them.

The Cowboys need Marion Barber at 100%.

Montrae Holland would be nice, too.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
We will miss Witten's blocking, he's very underated. I have read where Dawkins and Stewart Bradley are limping around for Philadelphia so maybe the injuries cancel themselves out.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Witten will not miss the game. I don't care how concerned Wade wants to be, or pretends to be, at this point. You'd have to cut that dudes leg off to keep him out of this game. He'll spend all week getting that thing ready and he'll be ready to go come gametime. It's what Jason Witten does.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2519022 said:
Cowboys coach Wade Phillips revealed Monday that Jason Witten aggravated his sprained ankle in Week 16 against Baltimore.

Phillips said he's "concerned" with Witten's sprain and indicated that it may keep him out of Dallas' regular season finale at Philadelphia. This would be a huge loss for a team that can secure a postseason berth with a win. The Cowboys would have to start rookie Martellus Bennett if Witten can't play.

rotoworld.com

Consider rotoworld is the SOURCE...Wade didn't say anything about Witten in the PC posted here...

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141356

Either way, I still think Witten will play.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
aikemirv;2519141 said:
Possesion, 2 feet down in the endzone is a TD. I think Witten took 3-4 steps before getting nailed.

He took 2 steps and if the defender is still well within his right to try and breakup the play. It didn't happen seconds after the catch, it was pretty much one after the other.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2519459 said:
He took 2 steps and if the defender is still well within his right to try and breakup the play. It didn't happen seconds after the catch, it was pretty much one after the other.

Just like how you said that Pitt player did nothing to Pacman, DESPITE it being obvious he picked him up off the pile AND body-slammed him to the ground?